View Single Post
      02-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #24
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by white911 View Post
First I responded that I would absolutely track this car; but, it will only be a few low key events like instructor only days, or cold weather.

Absolutely agree with the first statement about loosing independence. I also see that people use large sway bars to make up for poor spring selection. The sway bar should only be used to tune the suspension after proper selection of the springs.

Generally the sway bar will help reduce roll and this will help reduce camber change caused by body roll; however, this could be controlled by more roll resistance by spring selection. A Mcpherson strut car will gain negative camber as the suspension is depressed. Check your camber through your full range of bump and droop.
However, for those of us not looking for the ride degradation associated with coilovers, or even a set of springs, a decent set of bars and a non-staggered setup will get us (hopefully) just enough for the handful of track days we see a year.

What kind of camber can you get away with on a street driven car? How much adjustment is built into the stock camber bolts? (for BMW's in general that is)

signed,

BMW newb...
Appreciate 0