07-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #32
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
First, lets start here. A timely thread in which 135i owners discuss how they often like the stock tune more:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717865

You're familiar with it, you posted in it not understanding one bit. After, HP=Performance right? Mashing your foot to the floor is the most important metric of driver skill.

Please. A high performance vehicle is the sum of all parts. Transplant a Viper engine into a Kia and guess what, you still have a hunk of crap. I dropped 170hp when I bought my 128i, and guess what, I don't miss it one bit.

Or we could just put it another way, you don't have a M car. Nothing about your car is special or high performance. You have an engine that is found on many of the cheap spec BMW models. Color me impressed. Where you see a soft block, we see the lightest I6 ever made. Hell your engine alone is 75lbs heavier, not counting the rest of your turbo parts/cooling/sunroof.

I get it, you don't understand driver's cars(likely because your skill doesn't extend much beyond your right foot). You don't understand that the majority of driver's cars strike a balance. In todays world(see E36 M3, E46 M3, Cayman, Boxster, etc) they are around 3000lbs and have somewhere between 200-300hp. They are naturally aspirated by in large. It's a harmony, not 450 wft/lbs of meth induced unreliable torque.

No one in this thread is adding up manufacturer numbers. I was the one discussing power mods for us, and never once did I mention a power figure. Another member made a relatively accurate guess, which I agreed with based on the aforementioned 325i to 330i conversion.

Also, 128i chat thread. Last I checked, you didn't really meet the requirements.
As usual you post up irrelevant threads that do nothing to prove your case, in fact they usually make you look worse. This is no exception.
The thread you posted is in regard to the 135 not the 128.. A car which has ample power with its 'troublesome' turbo(s). Obviously, a lot more than the 128. Its an easy car to enjoy the power within its stock parameters.

No the 135 isnt an M car. Funny that you bring that up. You try to compare the 128 to the E36, 46 M3 yet the 128 doesnt come close to the performance of the cars you list. In power or handling. You got youself fooled, thats about it. Take your dark visored helmet off. Its cooking your brain!

The 135 on the other hand, is a worthy competitor to the cars you mention. The 135's balance of power/handling is plain to see in head to head comparissons. It can run with them in a straight line and in turns, even with the portly engine engine and all, imagine that!

135 easily shows its balance of power/ handling, what you call harmony.
Perhaps you'd share with us a video of a 128 running with one of the cars you mentioned?
The 128 does nothing better than the 135. Straight line, turns, braking, nothing. Your holy grail mantra of weight savings gets you nothing! Yet you continue to belch it out.

The current M3 has a V8, the upcoming model will have a multi turbo plant. The 1M has a N54TT. Its the wave of the future, you can't escape it. So grasp onto your NA I6. Its nowhere near what the M3 I6 was. The N52 is a nice enough engine but seriously now, its not a competitor in todays performance engines or yesteryears.

I'll choose to post in any thread I care to. Whether you like it or not.
Appreciate 0