View Single Post
      01-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #25
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
If you install stiffer springs and keep the stock subframe bushings, the rear will bounce as much or probably even more over bumps - about 1-1.5".
Gary, I have to disagree with this statement. I installed H&R springs just recently and the improvements vise the stock springs are night and day... I live in NOVA/DC and the roads here are sh1tty; full of pot holes and dangerous bumps smack dab in the middle of most of the turns on the beltway (well at least the routes I take). After installing the H&R's I noticed, being modest, 35-40% decrease in rear end movement. On the other hand, I did keep the stock shocks and I can honestly say the ride quality is inversely proportional to the stiffness... Maybe when I do the M3 Bushings; I'll upgrade to some Koni's.