View Single Post
      05-14-2009, 05:38 AM   #6
fontana302
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 E90 M3

I have E92 M3 coupe manual (toy 08), 135i Coupe (work car 09) & 125i Conv M sports (wife's car 09). I can talk from experience as I have them all in my garage currently (all bought new special order). You do not need to worry about M Drive & particularly EDC as they are not worth optioning on a sedan if you have to pay for them (they are standard on coupe). The best thing about M Drive is the throttle sharpness & suspension sharpness settings at the press of a button, forget the steering (I value the other standard features that come with the coupe far more than these) Geoff Brabham does not use the throttle & steering sharpness in his set up on the track if you've spoken with him at any of the BMW driver/car training courses.

What I will say is that the M3 is a Jekyll & Hyde car with it - a limouisine with everything soft, Mr Hyde with it on, so it's great & lazy around town until you put your foot in too it, & fantastic when stiffened up on M drive. My wife loved it driving to work for 6 months in all soft mode before the 125i - loves that one just as much if not more - that's why you won't miss it & the hit to your hip pocket.

Don't pay for it unless this is a track day toy (which I doubt), you will get no more for it when you sell it as options are not valued.

Now bang for buck is the 135i, that's why it's my work car (JB3, Riss, APE - just for the hell of it with a turbo). It's fantastic in any environment (even as standard).

Can't beat M3 for prestige, though I reckon 4 door will devalue far more quickly compared to coupe, forget the convertible, that's a dead duck. You need some uniqueness.......

Unfortunately you aren't in Brisbane, more than happy to show what I mean if serious.
Appreciate 0