View Single Post
      10-06-2007, 07:56 AM   #44
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr_hugo View Post
Gotta love that Mustang comapro. And in that light do you know that the very first car built by BMW was an Austin 7 (under license after BMW purchased Dixi). I wonder if there's a little Austin 7 DNA in the 1 series?

And then if we use that same 'marketing-hype, post-modernist illogical logic' an argument could be made that the BMW 1 series and the Lotus Elite are related, after all Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman started with Austin 7 hill climb specials.

Cars don't have DNA - well, other than the stinking 'Fox' body Mustangs (the same platform from 1979 to 2005 - a quarter century on a crappy Fairmont floorpan ; -).

Kurichan - arguing with fanboix is a role usually assigned to Sisyphus. :biggrin:

:iono:
Yeah, Porsche doesn't have an icon because they tried everything. Their ideas and engineering grew out of every car they made before it, the heritage is there, the ancestors DNA is in every new model, just refined and evovled, but can always be traced back.

BMW has a dinstict DNA, Ford has none. They design and manufacture cars differently. Ford doesn't refine a model over several generations, they just make a new model. That will stay into production until a new model or a new engine comes along.

BMW's long bout with inline 6's it evidence that their cars evolve from the same idealogy or formula that can only be considered a part of the Manufacturer's or particuliar car's DNA.

Hugo, if you cannot wrap your head around the term, it's simply because you not ment to. It goes along with your inability to respond in a just manner and bad use of sarcasm, your simply a dolt. Antagonizing me will only lead to some type of confrontation, which I kindly decline. Although, that alone won't resolve the fact you just don't understand! or.. have a keen eye for that level of engineering.

Cheers:thumbup:

-Garrett
Appreciate 0