Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

Garage List
2009 135i  [6.50]
Here's a quote from Vorshlag:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair View Post
Like all BMWs when you "slam in the negative camber" for track/autocross use it pushes the front toe setting "out". If you plan ahead this can work in your favor...

When you get the car aligned after installing Vorshlag (or anyone's) camber plates on your 1 series, ask the alignment tech to max the camber to negative and set the total front toe out to about +1/8th, which helps turn-in. Then have them slide the camber to full positive (about a 2 degree change on these cars) and see what the toe ends up at. Usually this will be 0 toe to about -1/16th toe in, which is perfect for street use.

When you setup your initial street setting this way (as with most BMWs) you can just quickly adjust camber trackside and it moves the toe to the proper setting. Takes ~30 seconds per side - jack up one corner, loosen the three M8 nuts on the top, slide the wheel inboard to max negative camber, tighten the 3 nuts again, lower the car, then repeat on the other side.
He says it takes 30 seconds per side to adjust at the track. But almost everyone I talk to says it's a pita.
Appreciate 0