BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
the1andonly
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: black on black 128i manual

Please explain spacers to me and what would be my best options, THANKS!

I have a 2012 128i with stock non sport suspension and wheels. I asked tyhe dealer about spacers and they told me anything over 5mm would be unsafe as the bolts will run out of thread holding the wheels on...yet how come come people are running 15mm+ spacers and are fine? I want to bring the rear wheels just about even maybe a bit past the back fenders...the fronts id be cool with much less or even none at all. Do the fronts need anything special when adding spacers? will it mess up alignment and handling? What are the best/good cost spacers to get for BMWs and where do i get them? who can i get to put them on? a dealer wont do it, but i dont want to go to any tire shop at the corner either.Anything else i should know? THANKS!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Joeyb7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M Sport - AW

If you buy Burger or Macht Schnell spacers the longer bolts are included. Either are a good choice.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
HebbNH
Resident Cacodemon Expert
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i 6MT

If you're going to get spacers, do yourself a favor and do a stud conversion instead of using longer lug bolts. It'll make wheel swaps a lot easier. As far as getting someone to put them on, why not just do it yourself? No point in paying a shop to do something that simple.
BMS JB4 | BMS DCI | ETS intercooler | ETS charge pipe | HKS SSQV III | CP-E downpipes | BMWP exhaust | P3Cars vent gauge | LUX V3 angel eyes | Weisslicht smoked LED sidemarkers | Blackline LCI taillights | Slek Designs front lip | BMWP grills | Seibon M3 hood | iCarbon CSL trunk | iCarbon rear diffuser | BMWP suspension | Yokohama Advan Neova AD08s | Work Brombachers - FLOSS edition | H&R spacers | TC Kline studs | Project Kics R40 lugs
Appreciate 0