BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #199
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep
Drives: the ladies crazy

^that was good detective work, but definitely not reliable/unique enough of a link...

i'd also prefer (like i have any input in this haha) that the culprit remain anonymous. the dealer is responsible, and has been exposed. the individual should be dealt with by his employer, but shouldn't be subject to retribution from just anyone who uses the internet and lives in his area.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #200
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Garage List
as noted earlier though, the name bugeye2003 can be a very common alias and we shouldn't assume that this is the same guy as the driver in the video
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #201
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Pretty sure it isn't the same guy. Says he works at Autozone and went to a high school in Ohio.....
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #202
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Pretty sure it isn't the same guy. Says he works at Autozone and went to a high school in Ohio.....
Lol, he may work at AutoZone NOW!

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #203
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
That's funny because so did I. Anyone else tip them off?
I did as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #204
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooBs View Post

ps- not to be racist in any way shape or form, simply based on the area and its population as well as the video, the driver (who I hope was fired on top of many other horrible things) may be Armenian or Persian unlike "white male" as stated in a previous post (just maybe, just trying to propose another possibility). Anyone figure out who they actually were?

Armenians ARE white

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmagic View Post

Why was it ok for someone to say, essentially, "based on my observation, the driver appears to be a white (Caucasian) guy?", but it was not ok for someone else to say "based on my observation of him AND DEMOGRAPHIC DATA OF THE SURROUNDING AREA'S POPULATION [which adds more credibility], he MAY BE [stress - MAY BE] Armenian or Perisan”? Why is that racist, but conjecturing that he’s white isn’t?

When a police report says “a white [or Hispanic or Black] male was seen fleeing the scene,” do we call the police racist? No - there’s nothing racist about conjecturing about a person’s race, based on your OBSERVATION of them. We do it all the time.

If you didn’t have a problem with the “white guy” comment, then you’ve proved my point.
I dont think its racist at all but he started the sentence with "not to be racist in any way shape or form" Then went on to state "Armenian or Persian unlike "white male" as stated in a previous post" Armenians are classified as Caucasian just like any other "white" guy.

Either way calling an Armenian Armenian is not racist.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #205
bldngblck
United_States
Rep
Drives: e46 330i zhp

wow
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #206
adobeee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
That's funny because so did I. Anyone else tip them off?
I did!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #207
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairfaxM3 View Post
I'm guessing that this is the car:

http://www.pacificbmw.com/new/BMW/20...344663eb50.htm

Just in case, any buyer of the following VIN be careful: WBSUR9C53BVP76205

Perhaps ask them to include a free Extended BMW Warranty & Maintenance. Just a thought....
Yes guys thats the car i found it at the beginning of the thread yes what can i say goo detective work
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #208
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
And now the whole world can watch us go off topic on a racial debate.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #209
adobeee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
And now the whole world can watch us go off topic on a racial debate.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #210
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

Not like the whole world is watching this thread and thinking it is all a wee bit blown out of proportion...

I mean sure everyone buying a new M car wants to be 'the first one' to put the pedal to the metal or to press the M button, but let's put things a bit in perspective here: the engine is already running when the video starts, so it may very well have been warm already. Sure he pushes above 5 k rpm for a few seconds in 1st and 2nd gear and the tires chirp on the upshift (which is expected on such a car, and there's a clutch delay valve anyways), but it's not like he's bouncing it off the rev limiter either or going full throttle for an extended period of time.

So yes, you don't know what other kind of hooning happened that was not filmed, but from watching the video I don't think it's that bad or that he ruined the car for ever, or that it would now need an extended warranty:

- you would hope that the engine would be able to cope with a couple of launches like that without a problem! If it didn't, that would be one very un-reliable engine!
- Doesn't BMW test run the engine on a bench before mounting them? Or don't they rev the engine up a few times during the shakedown test run? I bet you they do a lot worse than that.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #211
///1M
Captain
Rep
Drives: On a good day, AW 1M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm View Post
Not like the whole world is watching this thread and thinking it is all a wee bit blown out of proportion...

I mean sure everyone buying a new M car wants to be 'the first one' to put the pedal to the metal or to press the M button, but let's put things a bit in perspective here: the engine is already running when the video starts, so it may very well have been warm already. Sure he pushes above 5 k rpm for a few seconds in 1st and 2nd gear and the tires chirp on the upshift (which is expected on such a car, and there's a clutch delay valve anyways), but it's not like he's bouncing it off the rev limiter either or going full throttle for an extended period of time.

So yes, you don't know what other kind of hooning happened that was not filmed, but from watching the video I don't think it's that bad or that he ruined the car for ever, or that it would now need an extended warranty:

- you would hope that the engine would be able to cope with a couple of launches like that without a problem! If it didn't, that would be one very un-reliable engine!
- Doesn't BMW test run the engine on a bench before mounting them? Or don't they rev the engine up a few times during the shakedown test run? I bet you they do a lot worse than that.
Agreed. Some the reactions do seem a bit strong, given that he did a couple of brief, 7/10th or 8/10th accelerations. Not condoning what he did, but I've seen worse.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #212
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

I think the heightened reaction is due to the fact the dealership is of some questionable integrity. Ridiculously overpricing the car and then allowing the car to be slightly abused in the hands of jackwagons? I'd think they deserve some comeuppance.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #213
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post
I think the heightened reaction is due to the fact the dealership is of some questionable integrity. Ridiculously overpricing the car and then allowing the car to be slightly abused in the hands of jackwagons? I'd think they deserve some comeuppance.
1, it is the principle. A person buying a 'new' car deserves to get a new car. Not a car some douche takes out for a joy ride before the rightful owner pays $55k for the damn thing. I don't see how anyone can logically defend his totally unprofessional behavior. I am a bit sensitive to the topic because during my M3's 1200mile break in service, some dickhead carwash douchebag took my car out for a joy ride and damaged my back wheel and tire. Even though both were replaced, my confidence in dealership integrity is still lacking....
      08-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #214
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
1, it is the principle. A person buying a 'new' car deserves to get a new car. Not a car some douche takes out for a joy ride before the rightful owner pays $55k for the damn thing. I don't see how anyone can logically defend his totally unprofessional behavior. I am a bit sensitive to the topic because during my M3's 1200mile break in service, some dickhead carwash douchebag took my car out for a joy ride and damaged my back wheel and tire. Even though both were replaced, my confidence in dealership integrity is still lacking....
I will have to agree with you my friend

Its children like these hooligans that give dealerships bad names and makes us (The customer) weary to bring our cars in for service at the dealership.

when i go in for my 1200 mile service i will tell my SA there better not be any more than .2 miles on my car thats enough to get from the lot to the bay and back, no need to test drive after a oil change at 1200 miles.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #215
zeenon53
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Great job guys!

I've done worse on test drives....lol Granted this should not be tolerated at all by a dealership employee. But I have had sales reps tell me to push a car to it's limits. In 04 I test drove a srt-4 with 27 miles and was laying rubber everywhere, salesman thought it was sold, didn't buy it.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #216
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara View Post
I will have to agree with you my friend

Its children like these hooligans that give dealerships bad names and makes us (The customer) weary to bring our cars in for service at the dealership.

when i go in for my 1200 mile service i will tell my SA there better not be any more than .2 miles on my car thats enough to get from the lot to the bay and back, no need to test drive after a oil change at 1200 miles.
If one were to choose to do their own break-in service and regularly scheduled oil changes instead of taking your car in to the dealer, can BMW hold that against you if some warranty work was needed in the future? Or put in more general terms, is there wording in the warranty fine print that states that a BMW dealership is the only valid way getting your car serviced?
      08-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #217
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

11 pages about chirping some tires on a 1M and revving the piss out of the engine? Heck if that was my test drive I would drive just like that. Valets, service techs, porters. We've seen it all many times.

The sad part is, being in my line of work and providing a service to over 50 dealerships, you would be surprised the stories I can tell you. This 1M video is like kindergarten story time level compared to the things I have seen. Good thing there are not videos for those.

Last edited by Optherion; 08-17-2011 at 11:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #218
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
11 pages about chirping some tires on a 1M and revving the piss out of the engine? Heck if that was my test drive I would drive just like that. Valets, service techs, porters. We've seen it all many times.

The sad part is, being in my line of work and providing a service to over 50 dealerships, you would be surprised the stories I can tell you. This 1M video is like kindergarten story time level compared to the things I have seen. Good thing there are not videos for those.

In all fairness, this guy was not test-driiving a car he was about to buy. It was some BRAND NEW customer car.

Its like your about to get married to a virgin. You were a perfect gentlmen for months during engagement, said all the right things, treated her nice, kissed her mom on the cheek. Then, honeymoon night, some a-hole jumps on her and ...well...you know.

Top Gear Magazine - Jason Barlow about the 1M
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 12:25 AM   #219
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post

The point is a dealer demo car would be sold as such, a demo car. Not as a brand new as this car would be sold. I see your point about this is child's play. But it doesn't make it right.

That tech deserved it, he's idiotic to have it caught on tape therefore he deserved to be roasted.

Last edited by Robert; 08-18-2011 at 12:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 01:07 AM   #220
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740

Anyone have any thoughts on how this car will be priced?

MSRP? STILL $40K mark up? Maybe less mark up? or Demo car pricing?
Appreciate 0