BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #925
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

just wanted to say thanks to Cobb, especially Ian today for the awesome chance to test out the AP!
      09-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #926
spicv0712
MexicanT
Rep
Drives:

when is the n55 tune coming out? I am getting impatient
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #927
jeff2.0t
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3M40i, 2019 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicv0712 View Post
when is the n55 tune coming out? I am getting impatient
x1000
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #928
MonacoMurphy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

ZO6 caused a misfire....

Romped on a ZO6 out of a toll booth from 2nd (AT). He was next to me, then in my rearview. Don't think he knew what hit him!

BUT, then I got the dreaded misfire in cyl 6. was fine all the way to fifth, then when I let off I got the rumble. Pulled over, restarted, was fine. Cleared the code. (just wanted to let COBB know). Please fix!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #929
KinoBoom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMurphy View Post
ZO6 caused a misfire....
Well... Not the Z06 that caused it lol.
Has it happened again? Have you had your plugs replaced? Tell us more about your car please.
      09-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #930
MonacoMurphy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinoBoom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMurphy View Post
ZO6 caused a misfire....
Has it happened again? Have you had your plugs replaced? Tell us more about your car please.
Had the fuel pump changed in March and new injectors in 2 cylinders. Only have 27,000 miles on the car. Restarted and was ok. That was also after running it hard all day and this is the first and only time it's happened. I'm on the new beta map, v300. Never had any problems on the older maps but I do think the car feels much quicker on this new map. Just seems to never stop pulling...
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #931
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
What would be the need of having the plugs replaced???

I mean unless the car had like 75k+ miles on it there shouldnt be any reason to replace the plugs, unless this tune kills the stock plugs. If thats the case perhaps it should be known for everyone who gets the tune to replace their plugs with aftermarkets?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #932
KinoBoom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Quote:
What would be the need of having the plugs replaced???

I mean unless the car had like 75k miles on it there shouldnt be any reason to replace the plugs, unless this tune kills the stock plugs. If thats the case perhaps it should be known for everyone who gets the tune to replace their plugs with aftermarkets?
75k miles?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are you nuts! The dealer will change them at half that we are talking about a turbo charged BMW.
      09-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #933
1-2MANY
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
75k miles?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are you nuts! The dealer will change them at half that we are talking about a turbo charged BMW.
Yup all I did was just reference the service manual and they changed it out. BTW, did your car just all of a sudden feel like it gained an additional 50 hp due to this much needed cooler weather in Texas lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #934
KinoBoom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-2MANY View Post
Yup all I did was just reference the service manual and they changed it out. BTW, did your car just all of a sudden feel like it gained an additional 50 hp due to this much needed cooler weather in Texas lol.
I have not driven it in the last 2 days but i might try it out today. It should feel a lot better with these cooler morning temps for sure!!
      09-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #935
gdub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-2MANY View Post
Quote:
I live in Dallas too and it does feel significantly faster, second gear with tc off and re050 at 20 mph = no grip at all
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #936
Juicehead
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Raptor

Again, not to whine but...

Putting the AP up for sale, I am tired of waiting for stage 2. I love the AP unit and it works flawlessly for stage 1 but I am tired of being put off by the promise that stage 2 is right around the corner and that corner never comes.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #937
thebigragu99
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135 tuorbbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicehead View Post

Putting the AP up for sale, I am tired of waiting for stage 2. I love the AP unit and it works flawlessly for stage 1 but I am tired of being put off by the promise that stage 2 is right around the corner and that corner never comes.
As far as seeing stage I think it won't happen till spring..I was going to buy the Cobb,but I don't have the patience either man..I know that feeling,get the jb4 or v5 you'll be very happy with the gains and features it has!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #938
Kamal
Indian Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 540i M, '11 Ducati M796

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [7.56]
2011 BMW 328i  [8.00]
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigragu99 View Post
As far as seeing stage I think it won't happen till spring..I was going to buy the Cobb,but I don't have the patience either man..I know that feeling,get the jb4 or v5 you'll be very happy with the gains and features it has!
I think a 'little' bit more patience will be worth it... Stage 2 is promised by the end of Summer, which technically ends in 2 weeks. I'd hate to see you sell the AP, only to have the maps you want come out a few days later.

If Cobb doesn't deliver on stage 2 maps... I sense they're going to have to take ALOT of heat!

2008 E82 N54 || Stage 2 -------- Gone to a good home.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #939
Juicehead
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
I think a 'little' bit more patience will be worth it... Stage 2 is promised by the end of Summer, which technically ends in 2 weeks. I'd hate to see you sell the AP, only to have the maps you want come out a few days later.

If Cobb doesn't deliver on stage 2 maps... I sense they're going to have to take ALOT of heat!
I just don't understand why they can't give us a solid date is all...

If it is going to be 6 months, tell us 6 months. Don't tell us 2 weeks, every 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #940
Kamal
Indian Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 540i M, '11 Ducati M796

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [7.56]
2011 BMW 328i  [8.00]
Quote:
I just don't understand why they can't give us a solid date is all...

If it is going to be 6 months, tell us 6 months. Don't tell us 2 weeks, every 2 weeks.
I can understand why they won't give a solid date... unexpected circumstances can completely derail a release date and they would be in everyone's disfavor if they set dates they couldn't meet. I'm confident that Cobb is taking their time so that they can log alot of miles on test cars to ensure that their tune is stable, complete, and not going to cause issues.

In their defense, I don't think they ever gave a definitive time frame for release other than saying by the end of summer. I think most of their responses have been open-ended like saying "it's coming soon," etc.

Anyways, I think stage 2 is "coming soon" based on the fact that their stage 2 alpha tunes have been floating around for some time now and they have publicly stated the end of summer (in the e90post official thread).

2008 E82 N54 || Stage 2 -------- Gone to a good home.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #941
Freon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

I think they'd be much better off working on releasing RaceTuner and letting the army of the community work on the tunes. They simply don't have the manpower to hammer out special tunes for everyone.
      09-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #942
135iNewb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Cruise control

Im posting this here to get Cobbs attention, since they havent replied to my email yet. I'm sure they get hundreds of emails and might not have time to reply to everyone.

I purchased my AP new, directly from Cobb. I loved it, but had to replace a HPFP. This may not have been directly related to the AP, but it failed 2 weeks after I installed the AP. The way I see it, the problem with the HPFP is only exacerbated when running any tune. I decided to sell the AP because I was having hard start problems and didnt think my new HPFP would last long. I was running the 2.03 software, so the cruise control was not working. The 3.0 software was released after I sold the AP.

I correclty uninstalled the AP, quickly test drove my car, and sold the AP.
I recently went on a long trip and noticed my cruise control still does not work.

One can only assume that the Cobb Access Port is responsible for my cruise control problem, since it did deactivate it previously.

I guess I will have to take it to the dealer to have it reflashed.

I hate to be that guy that bitches and complains, but I have to say, Im kinda dissapointed.
      09-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #943
Rob@Cobb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i ///M Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iNewb View Post
Im posting this here to get Cobbs attention, since they havent replied to my email yet. I'm sure they get hundreds of emails and might not have time to reply to everyone.

I purchased my AP new, directly from Cobb. I loved it, but had to replace a HPFP. This may not have been directly related to the AP, but it failed 2 weeks after I installed the AP. The way I see it, the problem with the HPFP is only exacerbated when running any tune. I decided to sell the AP because I was having hard start problems and didnt think my new HPFP would last long. I was running the 2.03 software, so the cruise control was not working. The 3.0 software was released after I sold the AP.

I correclty uninstalled the AP, quickly test drove my car, and sold the AP.
I recently went on a long trip and noticed my cruise control still does not work.

One can only assume that the Cobb Access Port is responsible for my cruise control problem, since it did deactivate it previously.

I guess I will have to take it to the dealer to have it reflashed.

I hate to be that guy that bitches and complains, but I have to say, Im kinda dissapointed.
I do apologize for not getting back to you within 24 hours. Please feel free to call us as we can respond right away.

It's quite puzzling why the cruise control would not work if your AP is uninstalled putting your 100% original ROM back on. The reason the cruise control stops working is the wrong control code was there when the AP was installed. Your stock ROM file will have the correct control code for the cruise control which would be reflashed when the AP is uninstalled. My suggestion, since your AP is gone, would be to disconnect the battery for an hour or so to reset all the computers.

I can understand being upset. If there is anything I can do, please call Ian or I. We'll help the best we can.

Cheers,
Rob
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #944
IGoFast1589
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

You guys really need to design a map that has better control over the throttle plate positioning. I am not referring to the throttle responsiveness because that is as good as stock. If you press the gas pedal down between 0% and 20% to just drive around slowly it's fine to drive smoothly with good control over the positioning of the throttle plate. If you decide to back off the gas or press it down further the plate opens or closes as much or as little as your press. You CANNOT drive "spiritedly" well or easily because once you press the gas pedal down to 50% or more the plate opens up completely 100% and remains open no matter if you are pressing the gas pedal down to half way or all the way. So if you want to drive fast but not quite 100% you really don't have a choice because it acts like an on/off light switch. Keep that in mind folks for those that can truly drive a car right and know the importance of being able to modulate the throttle precisely. Drives me mad... If you guys at Cobb would be able to rectify this issue it would be greatly appreciated and desired. I am sure most don't notice this but if you progressively press the throttle in and then progressively let it out you will see what I am saying.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #945
Rob@Cobb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i ///M Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGoFast1589 View Post
You guys really need to design a map that has better control over the throttle plate positioning. I am not referring to the throttle responsiveness because that is as good as stock. If you press the gas pedal down between 0% and 20% to just drive around slowly it's fine to drive smoothly with good control over the positioning of the throttle plate. If you decide to back off the gas or press it down further the plate opens or closes as much or as little as your press. You CANNOT drive "spiritedly" well or easily because once you press the gas pedal down to 50% or more the plate opens up completely 100% and remains open no matter if you are pressing the gas pedal down to half way or all the way. So if you want to drive fast but not quite 100% you really don't have a choice because it acts like an on/off light switch. Keep that in mind folks for those that can truly drive a car right and know the importance of being able to modulate the throttle precisely. Drives me mad... If you guys at Cobb would be able to rectify this issue it would be greatly appreciated and desired. I am sure most don't notice this but if you progressively press the throttle in and then progressively let it out you will see what I am saying.
I have a very nice linear throttle mapping that was developed for the Stage 2 mapping. It happens to work very well on the stage 1 cars as well given very good control while modulating the throttle. As of now that has not been moved to the stage 1 mapping. In the meanwhile have you tried the alternate throttle mapping listed here: http://cobbtuning.com/info/?id=5894

Cheers,
Rob
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #946
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I've been saying the same thing since day 1. When I try to drive a little bit spiritedly, it's like an untamed bull. Even with both hands on the wheel, the car is all over the place. It goes from "ok, moving along nicely" to "HOOOOLYYYYYY FUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKK!!!" which is fun every once in a while but frankly quite annoying when you just want to drive with some gusto. It's either Sunday stroll or Usain Bolt.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0