BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #111
GT1281
Major
GT1281's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,363
Posts

 
Drives: F10 535I & F15 X5 35d
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

I emailed one of my reps yesterday. There is still more to be released. When I looked up the new part#'s ending in 488/489 that cost $985 in the ETK it looks like they come with a new DME.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #112
JCampea
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 135i ragtop
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vaughan

iTrader: (0)

I had the TUNE ONLY BMW performance package installed 3 weeks ago now...cost me $1350 installed tax in. No badge, no kidneys, no fan yadda yadda.

I live in Toronto, Canada.

On a 2009 135 auto.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #113
Lee123
Private First Class
Lee123's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
109
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i DCT Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCampea View Post
I had the TUNE ONLY BMW performance package installed 3 weeks ago now...cost me $1350 installed tax in. No badge, no kidneys, no fan yadda yadda.

I live in Toronto, Canada.

On a 2009 135 auto.
Well, what do you think of it? Much difference in performance?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #114
Judge
First Lieutenant
Judge's Avatar
11
Rep
390
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee123 View Post
Well, what do you think of it? Much difference in performance?
From the handful of reviews I've read going back to the original power kit, I gather there isn't much difference in performance. Some say turbo lag is reduced or elimiated, and everyone has been saying you can "feel" a difference - though that may just be people jusifying their purchase - no one has yet to rave about it. Considering it's only an increase of 20 hp I don't think we should be expecting miracles.

Now with that said, I will be first in line when/if it becomes available at my dealership if only for a little extra torque.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #115
Lee123
Private First Class
Lee123's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
109
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i DCT Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
From the handful of reviews I've read going back to the original power kit, I gather there isn't much difference in performance. Some say turbo lag is reduced or elimiated, and everyone has been saying you can "feel" a difference - though that may just be people jusifying their purchase - no one has yet to rave about it. Considering it's only an increase of 20 hp I don't think we should be expecting miracles.

Now with that said, I will be first in line when/if it becomes available at my dealership if only for a little extra torque.
Thanks. I'll probably be in line here, too, although based on past experience I hate to take my car in for anything. After the oil change there was oil spilled on the front when I got it back after they supposedly washed it!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #116
JCampea
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 135i ragtop
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vaughan

iTrader: (0)

>>>Well, what do you think of it? Much difference in performance?

Feels peppier The bid difference for me is flooring it when your cruising at 60kph...the kickdown is entertaining (I have an auto)...

BUT

That being said it's also getting cooler where I live, and turbos love cold air so who knows...

Honestly if it was uninstalled without me knowing, I may not even notice...I didn't have the car long enough to have the power memorized (had it 2 weeks)...

Would I do it again? Hell yes...just to know its there...I've already had the opportunity to test it against a Ferrari 360, and a 911 (early 2000 model) and it did very well...every hp counts...

And I have a full warranty when it blows up
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #117
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
15
Rep
570
Posts

 
Drives: '12 SGM 135i DCT/CA/MSport/PPK
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

anyone in USA who has installed or at least seen this software only retrofit kit on a 135i?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST