BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
Ztereoid
BMW-Lover
 
Drives: BMW 116D
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sweden

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Brand New 116d in Sweden

Hi Fellow BMW lovers!

I just wanted to share some of my pics with you to see what you think!

Its a 2011 116d that is exactly two months old. I've driven 6600km so far.
I put 18" Wheels on right away, Tinted windows and BMW-Performance Grille in the front. That's it so far...
The Car is newly Waxed with Zyml wax.



















__________________
---------------------------
Post By ZtereoiD of Sweden
Ztereoid is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Pavlo
Private First Class
 
Pavlo's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 118D M-Sport Le Mans Blue
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Looks super clean.... Nice one, got anything in mind your planning on doing with it soon?
Pavlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Ztereoid
BMW-Lover
 
Drives: BMW 116D
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sweden

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlo View Post
Looks super clean.... Nice one, got anything in mind your planning on doing with it soon?
Well Better tint on the windows. Black tail lights and side lights, I want it to look really black
Just Like Darth Vader!
__________________
---------------------------
Post By ZtereoiD of Sweden
Ztereoid is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2011, 04:35 AM   #4
Pavlo
Private First Class
 
Pavlo's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 118D M-Sport Le Mans Blue
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztereoid View Post
Well Better tint on the windows. Black tail lights and side lights, I want it to look really black
Just Like Darth Vader!
Ok cool yee interesting to see how it develops. How dark do you want your tints to be? Which Brand you going with? You going to do anything about the dot-matrix?
Pavlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
Ztereoid
BMW-Lover
 
Drives: BMW 116D
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sweden

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

I want a medium tint, don't really care what brand.
I dont really know what dot-matrix you're thinking of...
__________________
---------------------------
Post By ZtereoiD of Sweden
Ztereoid is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #6
dj john
Private First Class
 
Drives: 118d performance
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: vestfold

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Hei naboser veldig bra ut den der..hvordan er 116 d å kjøre??er den rask og sterk nokk?Nice car.
dj john is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #7
Pavlo
Private First Class
 
Pavlo's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 118D M-Sport Le Mans Blue
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztereoid View Post
I want a medium tint, don't really care what brand.
I dont really know what dot-matrix you're thinking of...
Ouhh ok you would prob be looking at 35%, Dot-matrix is the little dots around the edge of the rear quarters and back window, they cause the film to bubble around the edges, can be quite bad dependent on film used and how skilled is the professional.
Pavlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
Ztereoid
BMW-Lover
 
Drives: BMW 116D
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sweden

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlo View Post
Ouhh ok you would prob be looking at 35%, Dot-matrix is the little dots around the edge of the rear quarters and back window, they cause the film to bubble around the edges, can be quite bad dependent on film used and how skilled is the professional.
Ok, now I know what you think of. It's bubbling on the film that I use right now at least, but that's a very very cheap reusable film.

I'm going to wait until the spring, since It's so dark in the winter, and the tint won't make it any easier to back it up.

Can one do anything about the "dot matrix" in the rear windows?
__________________
---------------------------
Post By ZtereoiD of Sweden
Ztereoid is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
Ztereoid
BMW-Lover
 
Drives: BMW 116D
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sweden

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj john View Post
Hei naboser veldig bra ut den der..hvordan er 116 d å kjøre??er den rask og sterk nokk?Nice car.
Well, The 116d isn't a fast car. I wanted something that runs really cheap but still drives well and looks good. And since I'm a BMW fanatic, the choice wasn't hard.
Since the 116d has the same 2 liter engine as the more powerful models it's quite fast. It has 260Nm of Torque and that's good in such a small car. I mostly drive at 80kmh on my way to work and the overtaking performance is absolutely satisfactory. But I'm thinking about software tuning it to 177hp/360Nm. I'm only concerned about my guarantees.

/M
__________________
---------------------------
Post By ZtereoiD of Sweden
Ztereoid is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2011, 03:41 AM   #10
Metralha
Private First Class
 
Metralha's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 120d E81 - 2007/09
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Portugal

Posts: 176
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztereoid View Post
Well, The 116d isn't a fast car. I wanted something that runs really cheap but still drives well and looks good. And since I'm a BMW fanatic, the choice wasn't hard.
Since the 116d has the same 2 liter engine as the more powerful models it's quite fast. It has 260Nm of Torque and that's good in such a small car. I mostly drive at 80kmh on my way to work and the overtaking performance is absolutely satisfactory. But I'm thinking about software tuning it to 177hp/360Nm. I'm only concerned about my guarantees.

/M
Its funny...people buy a 116d because they are cheaper and more economic...afterwards they want to remap...its always the some...LOL....

its impossible to have a 116d with the some performance of a 120d with just a remap...also longevity of the motor will not be the some....

I just installed the BMW performance power kit in my 120d... why they change along with ECU the IC + powerful fan + (in my case the torque convertor) ....I know that with a normal remap i would get more power and torque...but I want also warranty and reliability ...something you will not have in a 116d remapped for the same values of 120d....

you should bought a 120d or at least a 118d if the purpose was performance.

cheers,.
__________________


Metralha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
Ztereoid
BMW-Lover
 
Drives: BMW 116D
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sweden

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metralha View Post
Its funny...people buy a 116d because they are cheaper and more economic...afterwards they want to remap...its always the some...LOL....

its impossible to have a 116d with the some performance of a 120d with just a remap...also longevity of the motor will not be the some....

I just installed the BMW performance power kit in my 120d... why they change along with ECU the IC + powerful fan + (in my case the torque convertor) ....I know that with a normal remap i would get more power and torque...but I want also warranty and reliability ...something you will not have in a 116d remapped for the same values of 120d....

you should bought a 120d or at least a 118d if the purpose was performance.

cheers,.
Well, I love performance as much as the next guy, But this one is just for cheap thrills on my way to work. Still, It's a great car even with the less powerful engine. I'm probably going to keep it as it is for at least three years, until it's all mine, and during that time I'm going to buy a 328 or 528 or better to get the performance i want in the weekends. so the 116d will be my trusted steed that takes me To Scania (Work).
__________________
---------------------------
Post By ZtereoiD of Sweden
Ztereoid is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #12
spernesn
New Member
 
Drives: E87 118d 3door
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norway

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Looks nice! Nice pics to!
spernesn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2011, 05:46 AM   #13
Metralha
Private First Class
 
Metralha's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 120d E81 - 2007/09
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Portugal

Posts: 176
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztereoid View Post
Well, I love performance as much as the next guy, But this one is just for cheap thrills on my way to work. Still, It's a great car even with the less powerful engine. I'm probably going to keep it as it is for at least three years, until it's all mine, and during that time I'm going to buy a 328 or 528 or better to get the performance i want in the weekends. so the 116d will be my trusted steed that takes me To Scania (Work).
In that case...
__________________


Metralha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST