BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
HPF Chris
Lieutenant
66
Rep
500
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i & 530i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up BMW N54 135i HPF CLUTCH INSTALLATION TECH VIDEO by HorsepowerFreaks

We often do tech videos to help the community with installations for various parts. The GT1 tool and All Data are helpful for many types of installs but don't often have enough information to help you through the entire installation. This is especially true for late model vehicles.

So here's a video we put together that will help any backyard mechanic swap out their clutch in a BMW 135i, 335i and even the 535i.

Chris.


Last edited by HPF Chris; 10-20-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
ErvGotti
Major
16
Rep
1,171
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bury St Edmunds UK

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.00]
Although I probably wont be doing this myself, thanks for the DIY vid. It's very good.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
1527
Rep
17,927
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

VERY NICE video guys! Danke!!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
miro2296
Colonel
miro2296's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
2,163
Posts

Drives: '08 Montego Blue BMW 135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Round Rock, TX

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to miro2296 Send a message via Yahoo to miro2296
Very nice DIY!!! Great job as always guys!!!
__________________
-------------------------------------
BMW 135i/6 Speed/Montego Blue/Formula One Ceramic Tint/JB4 G4/AA Sport Intercooler/19 inch Iconz 880Z(19X8.5 & 19X10)/Nitto INVO 225/35 & 265/30/E93 M3 front sway bar/BMS Drop In Filter
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
mineo77
Lieutenant Colonel
mineo77's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,928
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portland,OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [3.78]
Send a message via AIM to mineo77
thats one fine looking 135i i must say.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #6
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
19
Rep
854
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Phenominal DIY.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
xerox445
Damenslip-Tropfer
7
Rep
543
Posts

Drives: 2008 SGM 135i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: LBI, NJ

iTrader: (1)

This is the biggest contribution to the n54 community you have ever made. Much more then some overpriced single turbo kit. Nice vid.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #8
joeo
First Lieutenant
22
Rep
311
Posts

Drives: 2009 Crimson Red 135i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sterling, Va

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMM 135i  [4.75]
Great video - thank you for posting this! I now know that I don't ever want to change my clutch!

-Joe
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
HPF Chris
Lieutenant
66
Rep
500
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i & 530i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
+1....thanks HPF.

i'm expecting the same type of quality video documenting your turbo kit install!
Thanks everyone...

We found out after trying two of the new HPF 135i/335i clutches in Tim's car that the fulcrum in the pressure plates were not machined correctly causing the clutch to engage too close to the floor. Our manufacturer determined this today and will be overnighting us another one with the pressure plate machined correctly. We will have a new clutch to test in Tim's car on Friday. Thanks Tim for being so patient with us. We will get this dialed.

Thanks.
Chris.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #10
HPF Chris
Lieutenant
66
Rep
500
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i & 530i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeo View Post
Great video - thank you for posting this! I now know that I don't ever want to change my clutch!

-Joe
Ha ha. If you ever get our turbo kit you might have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerox445
This is the biggest contribution to the n54 community you have ever made. Much more then some overpriced single turbo kit. Nice vid.
Thanks. I'm not sure I ever announced the price of the single turbo kit. It will be less than you might expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc
Phenominal DIY.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineo77
thats one fine looking 135i i must say.
It sure is!! Thanks so much for providing your car to us for this testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErvGotti
Although I probably wont be doing this myself, thanks for the DIY vid. It's very good.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
VERY NICE video guys! Danke!!
Bitteschön
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #11
mineo77
Lieutenant Colonel
mineo77's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,928
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portland,OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [3.78]
Send a message via AIM to mineo77
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
Thanks everyone...

We found out after trying two of the new HPF 135i/335i clutches in Tim's car that the fulcrum in the pressure plates were not machined correctly causing the clutch to engage too close to the floor. Our manufacturer determined this today and will be overnighting us another one with the pressure plate machined correctly. We will have a new clutch to test in Tim's car on Friday. Thanks Tim for being so patient with us. We will get this dialed.

Thanks.
Chris.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #12
HPF Chris
Lieutenant
66
Rep
500
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i & 530i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Tim's car is now completed. The HPF clutch now engages at the correct pedal height. There was an error in the machining process on the fulcrum of the pressure plate in the initial design which affected both of the prior installations. The driveability is now perfect along with the correct engagement height. I'll post up some videos shortly.

Chris.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #13
bignico_05
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
308
Posts

Drives: aw 135i m sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
Tim's car is now completed. The HPF clutch now engages at the correct pedal height. There was an error in the machining process on the fulcrum of the pressure plate in the initial design which affected both of the prior installations. The driveability is now perfect along with the correct engagement height. I'll post up some videos shortly.

Chris.
Awesome! I'm also very excited at the fact that your saying the single turbo kit will be cheaper than we expect. Keep it up!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #14
mineo77
Lieutenant Colonel
mineo77's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,928
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portland,OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [3.78]
Send a message via AIM to mineo77
cant wait to test drive on monday...Chump car racing this weekend!! woot woot!
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 AM.




1addicts
1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST