BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

**********s||Remus 1M Exhaust Group Buy

Several 1Addict members have expressed interest in the BMW 1M Remus Exhaust.

We've been working closely with Remus, and it looks like we have worked out a great deal for 1Addicts members!

Remus Sports Label with CF Race Tips

MSRP:
Racing Replacement Tube, pre-cat back, main cat and silencer omitted
$752
Sports Label Exhaust with Left/Right Carbon Fiber Race Tips 84mm
$1512

Remus Titanium 2

MSRP:
Titanium2 Racing Replacement tubes, pre-cat back, main cat and silencer omitted
$2194
Titanium2 Sport Exhaust with Left/Right 84mm Tips
$3786

Group Buy Info:

Right now this is more of a feeler, as availability/ETAs have not been finalized.
There was a lot of interest so I thought I'd start the thread early.
The following will be our expected inventory, but not finalized.

Availability:
December ETA Shipment:
2 Sports Label w/ CF Race Tips
1 Titanium2 System

Everyone else:
Backordered until January-March
(Working on more accurate ETAs)

So the first three buyers will be able to get their systems in December, while the rest will have to wait for the next shipment.

If you are interested and would like your exhaust ASAP, I advise you to to sign up first!

I will update this thread as more information becomes available.

If you would like additional information on Group Buy pricing, contact me at ************** x8005 or Jason************.com!

Contact me soon as I expect these to move fast!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

As this is a brand new system, and is currently in production at Remus in Europe, there is not any video clips or dyno charts right now.
In regards to that, this is the information I was provided:

Quote:
SOUND
Free flowing the RS’s (Rear Silencers) usually creates good gains in sound and performance. But you can’t just arbitrarily free flow RS’s. Everything, from diameters of the perforated resonator tubes and tips,
the splitter style, the opening size in the screens, the density and thickness of the stainless steel steel wool between the screens, the size, shape and frequency of the holes, etc., etc., all have to be engineered for the type of engine and H.P. rating.

Many of REMUS’ competitors have copied an original RS or two, but the design is different and continually evolving in so many applications in our sport exhaust systems that they cannot possibly keep up.
So if a competitor’s system happens to have a good sound, for the most part it was a “happy accident” not a smart, engineered design.

POWER
Power wise, we don’t have a credible dyno comparison on the newer 1M’s as of yet. But extrapolating from the dyno information and anecdotal information we do have, we are confident these new
“Titanium2’s” and “Sports Labels” will net somewhere between 3 – 8% gains in H.P. and torque. Perhaps we will see this, around the time these systems become available as REMUS has an audio
correct dyno test cell at their factory that is the envy of every exhaust manufacturer. Depending upon how long they can keep their R & D car is what determines whether we get a dyno comparison from
them or not.

From all over the performance spectrum, here are a few results from the REMUS dyno: A BMW E92 M3 sees a 2% boost in top end (10 H.P.); a VW GTI V 2.0L Turbo sees a whopping 7 – 10% across a broad
range of mid range R.P.M. (7 H.P. at the 3500 range, 18 H.P. at the 5500 range); a Porsche Carrera S sees a 7% gain (20 H.P. increase in the 5500 R.P.M. range); a BMW Z4M sees a 3% boost in peak
R.P.M. (9 H.P.) an Audi A5 Turbo Diesel sees a 2.5% boost in lower mid range (9 H.P). All of the above dyno results have been published in over 50,000 REMUS print catalogs worldwide, as well as
REMUS’ web site.

Based on that knowledge, we’d say the the 1M will see similar % gain results as the VW Turbo above. Turbo’s benefit from free flow exhaust more-so than do N.A. cars. Since it is likely REMUS builds
the O.E.M. system (we think – but we will likely never know for certain) it may not be quite as dramatic. But, if mounting the RT’s (Racing Tubes), the results could end up even better. If anyone has credible
before and after dyno results on a REMUS mounted on the 335i, those results will be comparable.
With that said, I was told the system should make a realistic gain of about 8HP based on what we've seen with the N54 335.

Last edited by M II; 11-11-2011 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a disturbed shark!!!

Garage List
Definitely put me down for 1 of the Sports Label w/ CF Race Tips

Miula
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

Put me down for the other one! (Sports Label w/ CF Race Tips)
      11-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Looks like the first two systems have been spoken for!
We still have a Titanium system available!

Everyone else intersted in joining in this group buy will have to wait until the next shipment of exhausts in the beginning of 2012!
I will of course update this thread as more accurate information becomes available.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 02:19 AM   #6
bklounge
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

This is a great deal! I'm in for the Sports Label catback - no prob on the wait as my baby is hibernating for the winter anyways.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Glad to see all the positive responses so far.
I'm just waiting on confirmation on what we have coming in next month, then I can start taking orders!

I will keep you guys updated.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #8
Mrated
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2001 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Keep us posted! I am a big fan of Remus very happy with it from my past experience on my VW GTI VR6 and I also have a Remis on my Yamaha R6
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

So I have confirmed that the first shipment of the Remus 1M systems will include two Stainless Steel Sport Label systems that have already been spoken for!
The next shipment to fulfill the rest of the group buy is scheduled to come in during February.

Right now we are planning on having the group buy run until the end of the year!

Contact me if you are interested and I can add you to the list for the February shipment!

Best Regards,
Jason************.com
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 02:29 AM   #10
emack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4F82,Akra/Eventuri/Stage2Tune

Hi, I'm from Sydney Oz, but am interested in the Titanium2. Struggling to understand the diference between:

088511 0000TI - Titanium2 RACING replacement tube, pre-cat back, main cat and front silencer omitted, without homologation - $2194.00

088511 1584TI - Titanium2 sport exhaust centered with left/right each 2 tail pipes Ø 84 mm - $3796.00

I understand the RACING is illegal for the road, but is it liveable as a daily driver exhaust?

PS.......Can you estimate shipping to Sydney Australia and I'll seriously consider taking the 088511 1584TI - Titanium2 sport exhaust centered with left/right each 2 tail pipes Ø 84 mm - $3796.00

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #11
Juiced1M
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
I thought someone had this system on a car with a video clip....
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #12
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emack View Post
Hi, I'm from Sydney Oz, but am interested in the Titanium2. Struggling to understand the diference between:

088511 0000TI - Titanium2 RACING replacement tube, pre-cat back, main cat and front silencer omitted, without homologation - $2194.00

088511 1584TI - Titanium2 sport exhaust centered with left/right each 2 tail pipes Ø 84 mm - $3796.00

I understand the RACING is illegal for the road, but is it liveable as a daily driver exhaust?

PS.......Can you estimate shipping to Sydney Australia and I'll seriously consider taking the 088511 1584TI - Titanium2 sport exhaust centered with left/right each 2 tail pipes Ø 84 mm - $3796.00

Thanks.
To answer your questions:
The "Titanium2 sport exhaust", is the muffler itself, with the exhaust tips.
The "Titanium2 Racing tubes" are the tubes that connect to the downpipes and go to the muffler.
To tell you the truth, I contacted Remus NA, and they contacted Remus in Europe, and none of them could really tell me exactly how the racing tubes are set up. (Where they start, where they end) Strange, but this is something they will let me know when the shipment arrives very shortly.

It appears I cannot PM you, not exactly sure why, but if you could send me an e-mail at Jason************.com, provide you with our group buy pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1M View Post
I thought someone had this system on a car with a video clip....
As this is a brand new system, and these systems we are sending out with this group buy are the first systems in the country, we do not currently have any video clips. I've contacted Remus and asked for them to send me any additional info as soon as they get it.

However, because the 1M uses the same N54 engine as the 335, the system will sound very similar.

As this is a Sport Label and not the "US Race Sound," the muffler by itself will most likely provide a deeper exhaust note, while at the same time being more conservative than the rest of the systems out on the market.
If you are looking for a more aggressive increase in exhaust volume, then I would definitely recommend you go with the Race Tubes.

If you have any additional questions, or would like to see our Group Buy pricing, do not hesitate to give me a call at ************** x8005.

Best Regards,
Jason************.com
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #13
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Both Remus 1M systems on this months shipments have been sold!
We are still honoring our group buy pricing until the end of the year!

The next shipment of Remus 1M Systems will be arriving in February.
However we do still have the Titanium systems in stock!!

Contact me at ************** x8005 for additional info on pricing!

Best Regards,
Jason************.com
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:24 AM   #14
Killswitch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Any coupon codes for the remaining year?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #15
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
Any coupon codes for the remaining year?
We are running a "12 Days of Christmas" Sale right now: http://www.**********s.com/ModBargai...stmas-Sale.htm

What exactly are you looking for?
Send me a PM or email to Jason************.com and let me know, I'll see what I can do for you.

Best Regards,
Jason************.com
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #16
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

First two 1M systems in the US have been shipped out and received.
Just waiting on them to get installed! Cant wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miula View Post
My Remus Sport Exhaust has arrived and IMHO it looks amazing. The quality is excellent and I am sure the fit as well.I can confirm that the system includes a flange to attach to the OEM mid-pipes and is bolt-on (no cutting required). Still waiting for the Remus Racing mid-pipes since they are back-ordered. Now I just have to find a good shop in Boston to do the installation...

Special thanks to Jason @ **********s and Duffy @ Remus USA for making it happen so quickly (and at such great price).

Without further ado, a few pictures for all of you to enjoy!!!

Will post pictures and video once the system is installed...

Miula
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #17
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Thanks to Muila for these photos and videos of his Remus 1M installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miula View Post
Had the exhaust installed yesterday and managed to get some pics and video comparing the stock vs. the Remus Street Race.

On the drive home it was quieter than the stock at both low and high rpm's except when you step on the gas hard, then it becomes beastly!!! I didn't notice any drone but I couldn't hear/feel it on the stock exhaust either...

I went for a ride today and it seems to be opening up as the miles pile up. It definitely has a deeper tone than stock and growls and gargles more as well. At higher revs it is pretty civilized but makes an amazing sound. However, when you are at low rpm's and go WOT the sound from the exhaust is just unbelievable IMHO. I saw a ton of people turning around and staring in awe when they heard the car around town; they seemed terrified yet curious...

Without further ado, video and a few pictures for all of you to enjoy!!!

Miula
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #18
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Any chance to reincarnate a new GB or give me a nice individual price? I would be in if you can ship to Santiago, Chile.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #19
Gabrielhz
Rep
Drives: 1m

Some notice about the dp? Will Remus do?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #20
Gabrielhz
Rep
Drives: 1m

Other question, when someone change all the turbo back exhaust, do u need to get the software modification and add an intake? I reade this is a good one ( http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E82-1_M...take/ES519292/ ) and need to change The diverter valve like forge? Could someone help me with this issue?

Thanks...
Appreciate 0