BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #45
gs/e60/1m?
Major
 
gs/e60/1m?'s Avatar
 
Drives: a 1///M Schlümpf
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium

Posts: 1,213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I think I might come too. But not to drive... just to take photos though.

Sure David that would be great !!!
gs/e60/1m? is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #46
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
 
Rikx1M's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #739/740
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alabama

Posts: 1,649
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I think I might come too. But not to drive... just to take photos though.
Dave...you gotta drive...when you go back to the USA and drive along at 55mph...you'll regret not driving the tracks more...this is why we own fast cars in a fast country...come on Dave
Rikx1M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #47
JK135i
8:39
 
JK135i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

Posts: 686
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i  [4.75]
Send a message via Yahoo to JK135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Dave...you gotta drive...when you go back to the USA and drive along at 55mph...you'll regret not driving the tracks more...this is why we own fast cars in a fast country...come on Dave
__________________
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
JK135i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #48
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
 
Elsabor67's Avatar
 
Drives: La Jeva ;-)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stuttgart, Ge :-)

Posts: 2,540
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2009 135i  [5.00]
I triple that motion.......
__________________

Quote from Ezeedee regarding car mods:
"you're only done when you sell the car "
Elsabor67 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 05:25 AM   #49
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
 
Rikx1M's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #739/740
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alabama

Posts: 1,649
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
gs/e60/1m - we also need to know the dates for low season and high season..


here's the message I just sent M Flight....

Hi M Flight,

Some of us at the 1Addicts.com forum are trying to arrange a track day at Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps, located near Verviers Belgium. http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/access.php

We originally wanted to participate in the 'Public Driving Experience' but that gets too chaotic with any yahoo with a beater can drive and personally I don't want some clown smashing into my 1M. So we decided to inquire how much for a track day.

According to one of our members, gs/e60/1m who lives in Belgium, the costs to rent Spa for 1 day track at low season is € 12500 + taxes 21%. High season € 16000+taxes. The tow truck € 425 + taxes, 18 track officials € 910 and if we have more cars then would need to get 34 track officials € 1630...Track officials depending how many cars on track.

So in order to pay the same as on public driving days we'll need 70 cars but we can run an open pit lane instead of 25 minutes runs. With 40 cars, each driver will have to choke up € 413,75.

So even if we pay € 450 each for an all-day track event that includes pit lanes for us, that we sponsor and control access to...I think that's fantastic.

I also have a friend with connections to Bimmer magazine so we could shoot photos and write a story on this and maybe get submitted to the mag.

If we plan for November and low season rates, I'm pretty sure with this much lead time that we (1Addicts.com and 1erForum.de) could pull 30+ cars...do you think you could pull 40?

Here's hoping we can work together and sponsor a great track event for our international community of BMW enthusiasts.

Last edited by Rikx1M; 01-11-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Rikx1M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #50
smellthebeans
Major
 
smellthebeans's Avatar
 
Drives: LPCs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California Central Coast

Posts: 1,493
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 328i Coupe  [0.00]
1990 325i  [0.00]
I wonder if someone assigned to SHAPE in Belgium could work out a VAT exemption?

Looking at the laundry list of what is not covered (Tooth brushes ???) it does not look good.
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...88362344535316

That could bring the cost down considerably.

Either way count me in for this one.
__________________
smellthebeans is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #51
gs/e60/1m?
Major
 
gs/e60/1m?'s Avatar
 
Drives: a 1///M Schlümpf
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium

Posts: 1,213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
gs/e60/1m - we also need to know the dates for low season and high season..


here's the message I just sent M Flight....

Hi M Flight,

Some of us at the 1Addicts.com forum are trying to arrange a track day at Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps, located near Verviers Belgium. http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/access.php

We originally wanted to participate in the 'Public Driving Experience' but that gets too chaotic with any yahoo with a beater can drive and personally I don't want some clown smashing into my 1M. So we decided to inquire how much for a track day.

According to one of our members, gs/e60/1m who lives in Belgium, the costs to rent Spa for 1 day track at low season is € 12500 + taxes 21%. High season € 16000+taxes. The tow truck € 425 + taxes, 18 track officials € 910 and if we have more cars then would need to get 34 track officials € 1630...Track officials depending how many cars on track.

So in order to pay the same as on public driving days we'll need 70 cars but we can run an open pit lane instead of 25 minutes runs. With 40 cars, each driver will have to choke up € 413,75.

So even if we pay € 450 each for an all-day track event that includes pit lanes for us, that we sponsor and control access to...I think that's fantastic.

I also have a friend with connections to Bimmer magazine so we could shoot photos and write a story on this and maybe get submitted to the mag.

If we plan for November and low season rates, I'm pretty sure with this much lead time that we (1Addicts.com and 1erForum.de) could pull 30+ cars...do you think you could pull 40?

Here's hoping we can work together and sponsor a great track event for our international community of BMW enthusiasts.

Rick, there aren't any trackdays open for rent during high season.
Sure if you want they'll put you on a waiting list and we'll wait like ... forever

Just open the attached pdf file and see for yourself what is available.
Now, since we don't control the weather conditions where would youre preference lie : first half of March or first half of November?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Franco-cal-exploitation-2012.pdf (84.3 KB, 25 views)
gs/e60/1m? is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #52
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,805
iTrader: (0)

you think theyll let me on with a rented car?
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #53
gs/e60/1m?
Major
 
gs/e60/1m?'s Avatar
 
Drives: a 1///M Schlümpf
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium

Posts: 1,213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellthebeans View Post
I wonder if someone assigned to SHAPE in Belgium could work out a VAT exemption?

Looking at the laundry list of what is not covered (Tooth brushes ???) it does not look good.
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...88362344535316

That could bring the cost down considerably.

Either way count me in for this one.

Added

Way to go guys! we'll be at 40 within a month.
gs/e60/1m? is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #54
gs/e60/1m?
Major
 
gs/e60/1m?'s Avatar
 
Drives: a 1///M Schlümpf
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium

Posts: 1,213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
you think theyll let me on with a rented car?
As long as the car comes with an insurance everything can be arranged if you know what I mean. In case one should damage track properties the driver will be held responsible and will have to pay out of his pocket. its similar to the Ring.
gs/e60/1m? is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #55
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,805
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m? View Post
As long as the car comes with an insurance everything can be arranged if you know what I mean. In case one should damage track properties the driver will be held responsible and will have to pay out of his pocket. its similar to the Ring.
Yeah my insurance covers rental cars.


When is the current date? Sorry, im too lazy to read through the thread. haha
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #56
gs/e60/1m?
Major
 
gs/e60/1m?'s Avatar
 
Drives: a 1///M Schlümpf
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium

Posts: 1,213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Yeah my insurance covers rental cars.


When is the current date? Sorry, im too lazy to read through the thread. haha


no prob date has to be settled yet between 12/13 or 14 or later in november
gs/e60/1m? is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #57
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,805
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m? View Post
no prob date has to be settled yet between 12/13 or 14 or later in november
Ohh I thought this was gonna happen in May. Damn. I wont be here in November
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #58
gs/e60/1m?
Major
 
gs/e60/1m?'s Avatar
 
Drives: a 1///M Schlümpf
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium

Posts: 1,213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Ohh I thought this was gonna happen in May. Damn. I wont be here in November
You can always join us in june when we will be doing the Davos-Stelvio event
gs/e60/1m? is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #59
gs/e60/1m?
Major
 
gs/e60/1m?'s Avatar
 
Drives: a 1///M Schlümpf
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium

Posts: 1,213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Ohh I thought this was gonna happen in May. Damn. I wont be here in November

Hey B V i think you got this thread mixed up with the one about the Munich meet that will be held in may
gs/e60/1m? is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #60
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
 
Rikx1M's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #739/740
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alabama

Posts: 1,649
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Registered for 27 March

Yesterday I registered for the Dutch BMW Club track day and today received the following email. I responded and asked how many reservations or cars could we at 1addicts.com bring. No response yet on that, I'll keep you posted.


Dear Rick,
Not in perfect Englisch but we hope you wil onderstand this conformation. A few days before the event we will send you more information about the day. If you have any questions don't hasitatet to call (06-21811006) german is than no problem.
Cheers, Nynke

We confirm your registration for free praktisch day on 27 March 2012 on the circuit of Spa Francorchamps.

Reservation number : 23
Number of car's : 1
Name : Rick B.......
To pay : € 350.00

Please pay before the 11th off February. In advance pay is obligatory. The registration is for 1 car with 1 driver. An extra driver for the same car is no problem. This can be regulated on the circuit himself for € 20 by driver. The rules which the club uses for this day will be see equal to our other days (You can find them on our internet site). At this moment we want your special attention for the following items:
- If it rains, streets or oblige rain tyers are at use.
- The car where you take part must have been clearly indicated provide with 2 toweyes.
- Every car must be able vast endure Technical Control with success.

See you on 27 March on the circuit of Spa Francorchamps!

With pleasant greetings,
BMW drivers Days
Rikx1M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #61
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,783
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Ohh I thought this was gonna happen in May. Damn. I wont be here in November

I am sure we will have some new events in the Spring time once the weather gets warmer. We have had such a mild winter so far here. I am sure there are lots of guys just itching to go to the Ring or Hochenheim, ect.

Going to Spa is on everyone bucket list. Along with Stelvio, Gross Glockner, ect. Europe is so compact that BrokenVert should really just rent a car and come across the channel. Germany's Autobahns await you

BV you might also want to check out RyanAir or AirBerlin for some cheap flights over here(UK to DE). You could always rent a car at the airport. Its not unheard of to find RT flights for 40 euros.
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #62
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,805
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I am sure we will have some new events in the Spring time once the weather gets warmer. We have had such a mild winter so far here. I am sure there are lots of guys just itching to go to the Ring or Hochenheim, ect.

Going to Spa is on everyone bucket list. Along with Stelvio, Gross Glockner, ect. Europe is so compact that BrokenVert should really just rent a car and come across the channel. Germany's Autobahns await you

BV you might also want to check out RyanAir or AirBerlin for some cheap flights over here(UK to DE). You could always rent a car at the airport. Its not unheard of to find RT flights for 40 euros.
BMI also has good rates. Last time I went to Strasbourg I did it for 25 pounds

My plan was to rent a car go to SPA, drive around for a week and meet up with you guys in Munich the next weekend.

Im down for track events, just dont expect me to be good, its officially been 4 1/2 months since ive been in a car.


Thats how my sis and I did our Bavaria and Rhine drive back in 2009. We flew RyanAir into Frankfurt and rented a car there.
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #63
gs/e60/1m?
Major
 
gs/e60/1m?'s Avatar
 
Drives: a 1///M Schlümpf
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium

Posts: 1,213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Yesterday I registered for the Dutch BMW Club track day and today received the following email. I responded and asked how many reservations or cars could we at 1addicts.com bring. No response yet on that, I'll keep you posted.


Dear Rick,
Not in perfect Englisch but we hope you wil onderstand this conformation. A few days before the event we will send you more information about the day. If you have any questions don't hasitatet to call (06-21811006) german is than no problem.
Cheers, Nynke

We confirm your registration for free praktisch day on 27 March 2012 on the circuit of Spa Francorchamps.

Reservation number : 23
Number of car's : 1
Name : Rick B.......
To pay : € 350.00

Please pay before the 11th off February. In advance pay is obligatory. The registration is for 1 car with 1 driver. An extra driver for the same car is no problem. This can be regulated on the circuit himself for € 20 by driver. The rules which the club uses for this day will be see equal to our other days (You can find them on our internet site). At this moment we want your special attention for the following items:
- If it rains, streets or oblige rain tyers are at use.
- The car where you take part must have been clearly indicated provide with 2 toweyes.
- Every car must be able vast endure Technical Control with success.

See you on 27 March on the circuit of Spa Francorchamps!

With pleasant greetings,
BMW drivers Days


So... are you going? I know of a few members from bimmerboard.be who are gauging intrest amongst the members.
gs/e60/1m? is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #64
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
 
Rikx1M's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #739/740
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alabama

Posts: 1,649
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Of course I'm going...already put in for vacation time After the numbers we tallied up, 350 euros is cheap.

Now to see if there is more slots available on the 27th so all interested can join me.

Haven't heard from M Flight...will keep the group posted.

R
Rikx1M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #65
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
 
Mr Kleen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i "Nina"
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wiesbaden

Posts: 1,534
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [0.00]
2012 BMW 135i  [3.25]
Less than €420 for a track day where I pretty much know everyone? Sign me up!

My buddy from the office will probably go, depending on timing. And there's a guy on base with a CTS-V who's a track junky who would probably take a slot as well.

I'm also interested if there are any extra slots with the Belgian club, Rikx1M.
Mr Kleen is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #66
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
 
Rikx1M's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #739/740
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alabama

Posts: 1,649
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Great...Mr Kleen

gs/e60/1m...thank you for all your hard work in gathering this information. If M Flight and other clubs are interested in partnering with us, I say GREAT and let's press forward and plan a November trip to Spa. Finances will be the key issue but we got some smart guys in this forum.

For now though I think it's awesome that the BMW Drivers Club guys will let us drive with them in March and the price is right....so this is icing on the cake as we Americans like to say.

Thanks again and let's keep the energy going...in the end it's about having safe fun together in this cool international community of car lovers
Rikx1M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST