BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #23
Strongbark
Brigadier General
No_Country
86

 
Strongbark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 on order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth


Posts: 3,678
iTrader: (1)

Zuzu, what color are those wheels of yours? Powder coated I assume?
__________________
Strongbark

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic32890_2.gif
'13 Mini GP #485 of 500 For Sale
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #24
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
93

 
Zuzu's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz


Posts: 7,580
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1M View Post
Zuzu, what color are those wheels of yours? Powder coated I assume?
Hi... No they are not powder coated.

3 coats of Glasurit 2K-NFZ-Decklack 18-B 900 Scharwz 2pack enamel.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #25
Advevo
Captain
47

 
Drives: White 1M
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Country where the taxes are too high!!


Posts: 913
iTrader: (0)

I changed one of my 1M today with the N55 mid pipe.

It s a well worth investment.

Throttle response is better. When you are off and on the throttle the pickup is little faster. Also you can feel it revs more free in higher rpm. If it has more hp or NM i can t feel.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 05:59 AM   #26
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
33

 
Aussie_in_London's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M & track built Astra OPC
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: London


Posts: 1,661
iTrader: (0)

Thanks mate.....

Sounds well worth it for the small outlay it costs.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #27
Drillslinger
Captain
Germany
13

 
Drives: BSM 1M / R53 / E91
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: No. VA


Posts: 912
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hey guys, just to confirm, was it part number: 18307599743 that y'all ordered? And did you have to replace any of the gaskets or bolts? Just trying to make sure I get everything I need.

Thanks
__________________


Vorsprung durch Gas Geben!!


172 of 740
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #28
Advevo
Captain
47

 
Drives: White 1M
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Country where the taxes are too high!!


Posts: 913
iTrader: (0)

18307599743 i ordered the same number.

You need no extra bolts. I also did not order extra gaskets on the down pipe side. But you have to be careful then. Maybe it s better to order some new ones.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #29
Drillslinger
Captain
Germany
13

 
Drives: BSM 1M / R53 / E91
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: No. VA


Posts: 912
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Cool, thanks. And if you don't mind me asking... about how much did you pay? I need to make sure I pack enough
__________________


Vorsprung durch Gas Geben!!


172 of 740
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #30
Advevo
Captain
47

 
Drives: White 1M
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Country where the taxes are too high!!


Posts: 913
iTrader: (0)

It s about 350 euro if i can remember.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #31
Drillslinger
Captain
Germany
13

 
Drives: BSM 1M / R53 / E91
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: No. VA


Posts: 912
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Sweet, I've got everything printed out and willbe stopping by tomorrow. Thanks
__________________


Vorsprung durch Gas Geben!!


172 of 740
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #32
NC
Private
United_States
0

 
Drives: BSM 1M
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NC


Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

I'm Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
18307599743 i ordered the same number.

You need no extra bolts. I also did not order extra gaskets on the down pipe side. But you have to be careful then. Maybe it s better to order some new ones.
From the RealOEM website, (www.realoem.com), part number 18307599743 shows the secondary catalytic converters. RealOEM's diagram can be seen here.

The picture that Dackelone posted in this thread shows no secondary cats. Am I to assume that RealOEM's diagram is incorrect? I suppose I could order through my dealer and inspect upon arrival to verify.

One other question: with the elimination of the secondary cats are exhaust emissions affected? My home state here in the USA requires an annual safety and emissions inspection and I want to make sure nothing changes so the vehicle will no longer pass their testing.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #33
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
93

 
Zuzu's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz


Posts: 7,580
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC View Post
From the RealOEM website, (www.realoem.com), part number 18307599743 shows the secondary catalytic converters. RealOEM's diagram can be seen here.

The picture that Dackelone posted in this thread shows no secondary cats. Am I to assume that RealOEM's diagram is incorrect? I suppose I could order through my dealer and inspect upon arrival to verify.
Correct.. The picture shows the mid cats, but the product has no cats..

When mine arrived at the dealer, I had them open the box to confirm, as their product diagram also shows the mid cats in the pipes.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 06:05 AM   #34
Advevo
Captain
47

 
Drives: White 1M
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Country where the taxes are too high!!


Posts: 913
iTrader: (0)

If you see the price you will know if it has cats
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #35
LotusBoy
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: BSM 1M, N55, KW's DDC
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brussels


Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

I like cats, but prefer dogs ... Anyway, Mr Zuzu, we're still waiting for your dyno's ! According to the Milltek site, mid-pipes without cats (or dogs) should release around 11hp extra. The muffler itself (from Milltek) is only a 5hp gain, and costs 4 times more...
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #36
Maximus_Prime
Second Lieutenant
8

 
Maximus_Prime's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 1M, '12 Q5 2.0T, '06 Miata
Join Date: May 2010
Location: D.C. Area


Posts: 239
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Anyone know if the N55 midpipes will throw codes? Though the mod sounds very enticing, I'm concerned that the loss of the 2ndary cats may throw a hidden code (which my service center can then use to give me trouble when it comes to performing warranty service).
__________________
2011 1M | Valencia Orange | #655 of 740
BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance Shadowline Grills | Gloss black iND side markers
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #37
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
93

 
Zuzu's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz


Posts: 7,580
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus_Prime View Post
Anyone know if the N55 midpipes will throw codes? Though the mod sounds very enticing, I'm concerned that the loss of the 2ndary cats may throw a hidden code (which my service center can then use to give me trouble when it comes to performing warranty service).
NO codes whats so ever... And looks OEM..to an extent..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #38
oldBMWguy
Private
1

 
Drives: 2011 AW 1M [Finally !]
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia Beach Va. USA


Posts: 82
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC View Post
From the RealOEM website, (www.realoem.com), part number 18307599743 shows the secondary catalytic converters. RealOEM's diagram can be seen here.

The picture that Dackelone posted in this thread shows no secondary cats. Am I to assume that RealOEM's diagram is incorrect? I suppose I could order through my dealer and inspect upon arrival to verify.

One other question: with the elimination of the secondary cats are exhaust emissions affected? My home state here in the USA requires an annual safety and emissions inspection and I want to make sure nothing changes so the vehicle will no longer pass their testing.
I ordered my N55 midpipes from http://getbmwparts.com/. for about $333 plus shipping to Va. Their diagram also showed the cats in the pipes, but they said the diagram was wrong... and they were correct. It came without the cats [I think the price is the giveaway-- if it is in the $330-350 range, you got the correct one].
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #39
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
93

 
Zuzu's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz


Posts: 7,580
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusBoy View Post
I like cats, but prefer dogs ... Anyway, Mr Zuzu, we're still waiting for your dyno's ! According to the Milltek site, mid-pipes without cats (or dogs) should release around 11hp extra. The muffler itself (from Milltek) is only a 5hp gain, and costs 4 times more...
Hopefully dyno tomorrow..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #40
SDD
Second Lieutenant
3

 
SDD's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego


Posts: 219
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldBMWguy View Post
I ordered my N55 midpipes from http://getbmwparts.com/. for about $333 plus shipping to Va. Their diagram also showed the cats in the pipes, but they said the diagram was wrong... and they were correct. It came without the cats [I think the price is the giveaway-- if it is in the $330-350 range, you got the correct one].
Im about to order... I see the $333 price when I selected 1M exhaust but would this be the stock N54 midpipe or are they selling the N55? Im a little confused wouldnt I have to order the part from a car that has an N55 engine like a new 335?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #41
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
93

 
Zuzu's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz


Posts: 7,580
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Detail View Post
Im about to order... I see the $333 price when I selected 1M exhaust but would this be the stock N54 midpipe or are they selling the N55? Im a little confused wouldnt I have to order the part from a car that has an N55 engine like a new 335?
Order the part of a 2011 N55 135i..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #42
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
93

 
Zuzu's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz


Posts: 7,580
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusBoy View Post
I like cats, but prefer dogs ... Anyway, Mr Zuzu, we're still waiting for your dyno's ! According to the Milltek site, mid-pipes without cats (or dogs) should release around 11hp extra. The muffler itself (from Milltek) is only a 5hp gain, and costs 4 times more...
Ok.. have gained 12Kw ATW with the N55 mids..

Dyno chart shows runs with "M" button OFF at 242.5Kw, then with "M" button activated on 258.1Kw ATW

Stock runs with OEM 1M mid pipe with "M" button activated was 246Kw ATW.

"M" button activated makes a 16Kw difference on Dyno charts..
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Zuzu; 03-02-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #43
oystero
Lieutenant
Australia
6

 
Drives: AW 1M, E90 320d
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne


Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for posting. Nice gain
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #44
ayao
Thread killer
8

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA


Posts: 621
iTrader: (1)

That's 22 hp for the metrically-challenged ... nice. Thanks for posting this!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST