BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #45
Tazman2058
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: 09 BMW 135i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Thanks posting the pics! Looks awesome.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #46
hyphy1
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
193
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fairfield, CA

iTrader: (0)

simple plug and play?

pm sent.
__________________
2010 135i
Black on Black | Premium Package | Sports Package
Cobb AP Stage I | Dinan Oil Cooler | BMS OCC | Michelin PSS
Valentine 1 RD | BlackVue DC
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 05:20 AM   #47
viciousgook
Captain
viciousgook's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
718
Posts

 
Drives: BBC
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (1)

So this will fit my 12' 125i pnp? Because I don't have xenons option.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #48
instalher
Private First Class
No_Country
2
Rep
190
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 320ixdrive
Join Date: May 2011
Location: red deer ab

iTrader: (1)

yes they will fit... work that's another story..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #49
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
687
Rep
16,660
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheng_125i View Post
So this will fit my 12' 125i pnp? Because I don't have xenons option.
YES, they fit AND they will work. Just look at the LCI blackline thread. Countless US spec 128i's have installed the Blackline LCI's for xenon cars on a halogen headlight 128i car.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #50
DJIntel
Lieutenant
6
Rep
552
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 135i 2009
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (3)

interested too
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #51
viciousgook
Captain
viciousgook's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
718
Posts

 
Drives: BBC
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Stuart @ BMR has found a way to make these work for the LCI Halogen equipped cars, although there is one problem - the outer braking light bulb will not light up if you want the LED tubes to illuminate. But, with that being said, when braking, the LED tubes will become brighter, and also the inner braking light bulb will light up.
So all in all, there isn't much of a problem having these installed for LCI halogens, considering you still have 5 braking signals - LED's, inner bulbs and also the brake light on the trunk.
Got these installed yesterday and they work fine just like that. The outter bulb not lighting up is not noticeable when you have the LED tubes, in my opinion.

Last edited by viciousgook; 07-01-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 01:22 AM   #52
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
687
Rep
16,660
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post
Stuart @ BMR has found a way to make these work for the LCI Halogen equipped cars, although there is one problem - the outer braking light bulb will not light up if you want the LED tubes to illuminate. But, with that being said, when braking, the LED tubes will become brighter, and also the inner braking light bulb will light up.
So all in all, there isn't much of a problem having these installed for LCI halogens, considering you still have 5 braking signals - LED's, inner bulbs and also the brake light on the trunk.
Got these installed yesterday and they work fine just like that. The outter bulb not lighting up is not noticeable when you have the LED tubes :P
As long as you order the Xenon LCI's they will work on a halogen car and the LED tubes will light up. This has been known for a very long time now. Just look at the LCI thread from two years ago.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 03:36 AM   #53
viciousgook
Captain
viciousgook's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
718
Posts

 
Drives: BBC
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
As long as you order the Xenon LCI's they will work on a halogen car and the LED tubes will light up. This has been known for a very long time now. Just look at the LCI thread from two years ago.
In this case that isn't correct. We installed it plug and play yesterday, tubes did not light up until some wiring was done.
The tubes will only light up on a pre-LCI halogen without any wiring/coding done. It is a different story for the LCI facelifted version with halogen lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 03:51 AM   #54
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
687
Rep
16,660
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post
In this case that isn't correct. We installed it plug and play yesterday, tubes did not light up until some wiring was done.
The tubes will only light up on a pre-LCI halogen without any wiring/coding done. It is a different story for the LCI facelifted version with halogen lights.
Humm... so will you share(which wires) were needed to make them work?


I wonder if BMW's adapter cable would help. No one so far has needed one though. Maybe no one with a LCI/Halogen car has tried to install Blacklines. ?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 04:01 AM   #55
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
687
Rep
16,660
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
Just tap the "tubes"/eyebrows to the Angel eye wire.
We are talking about the tail lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 05:02 AM   #56
aacabriolet
Captain
aacabriolet's Avatar
No_Country
16
Rep
836
Posts

 
Drives: '14 435i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
We are talking about the tail lights.
Right you are oops! In that case yes, LCI tails are plug and play for Pre-LCI Stock Halogen equipped cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 06:01 AM   #57
Canasian
It has finally arrived. It's pretty cute!
United_States
0
Rep
93
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 135is Space Gray DCT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Seems odd to reply to something posted well over a year ago but I have to say it. Your pictures of the car in front of the house has the type of architecture that only the Toronto suburbs would have. Just something about the bricks and how close the houses are together. Sorry random lol love the LCI pics though!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #58
viciousgook
Captain
viciousgook's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
718
Posts

 
Drives: BBC
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Humm... so will you share(which wires) were needed to make them work?


I wonder if BMW's adapter cable would help. No one so far has needed one though. Maybe no one with a LCI/Halogen car has tried to install Blacklines. ?
Should probably ask stu about the wiring, since he did it for me.
There have been a couple of people who tried to install the xenon blacklines on an LCI 1er equipped with halogens, but had the problem where the LED's would not light up. There is a solution for this, only your car's outter braking lights will no longer be connected, in exchange to illuminate the LED tubes.
Hopefully there will be a solution to this soon.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
lci tail lights, tischer

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST