BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #23
Papethova
Brigadier General
 
Papethova's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: at Death Valley 127

Posts: 3,032
iTrader: (1)

Ill get back to you guys on a GB, I know someone at Maddad
Papethova is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #24
Bobby Digital
Private
 
Drives: 2011 AW 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: So Cal

Posts: 69
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Ill get back to you guys on a GB, I know someone at Maddad
Cool...let us know, I am interested as well.
Bobby Digital is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #25
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
 
ozinaldo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chile, Santiago

Posts: 3,045
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Any chance of a group buy on the MadDads?
I am interested.
ozinaldo is offline   Chile
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #26
CarJunkie
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Valencia Orange 1-Series M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington

Posts: 548
iTrader: (0)

Interested . . .
CarJunkie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #27
ayao
Thread killer
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA

Posts: 581
iTrader: (0)

Subscribed!
ayao is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #28
Rotor head
Private
 
Drives: F10 535
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Singapore

Posts: 49
iTrader: (1)

Interested too .. And require overseas shipping here.
Rotor head is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2012, 04:42 AM   #29
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
 
Rikx1M's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #739/740
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alabama

Posts: 1,651
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
interested
__________________
Rikx1M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #30
gs/e60/1m?
Major
 
gs/e60/1m?'s Avatar
 
Drives: a 1///M Schlümpf
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium

Posts: 1,214
iTrader: (0)

N55 midpipe installed today and ,maybe i'm just fooling myself, it seems like the engine feels more loosened, picking up faster at low refs. Without pushing the M button off course

Last edited by gs/e60/1m?; 04-07-2012 at 08:36 AM.
gs/e60/1m? is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #31
Stratus650
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1er M Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai

Posts: 400
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m? View Post
N55 midpipe installed today and ,maybe i'm just fooling myself, it seems like the engine feels more loosened, picking up faster at low refs. Without pushing the M button off course
So how does the car sounds now ?
__________________

'12 Candy Grey Metallic 1M
Stratus650 is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #32
gs/e60/1m?
Major
 
gs/e60/1m?'s Avatar
 
Drives: a 1///M Schlümpf
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium

Posts: 1,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus650 View Post
So how does the car sounds now ?
In all honesty with the AKRA axle back i can't hear much of a difference

Maybe just maybe a slightly deeper growl
gs/e60/1m? is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #33
momo style
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1m
Join Date: Mar 2008

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

Do yoy have downpipes?
momo style is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #34
Ian///M
Major General
 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU

Posts: 6,238
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Sounds pretty damn good with stock muffler.
Yeah, borderline on being too loud, but I love the deep noise and burble
Ian///M is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #35
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
 
ozinaldo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chile, Santiago

Posts: 3,045
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
Yeah, borderline on being too loud, but I love the deep noise and burble
Did you have drone before? What happened after the switch?

Could you also comment is there a noticable improvement in throttle response, especially if you are not on M mode?

How about the upper regime, 5500 to 7000, did you notice improvement there?

Sorry too many questions but you seem to have one of the few who put the MD on an otherwise stock 1M.

The noise in your video is perfect for me, for sure there is some hp and torque gains too which is welcome. But what I want to really "tune" is the drone just a bit down (mine is quite loud in between 2000 to almost 3000) and have a better/quicker responding throttle in non-M mode.
ozinaldo is offline   Chile
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #36
Mybad135
Lieutenant
 
Mybad135's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 montego blue 135
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: las vegas, nv

Posts: 583
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Interested . . .
+1 then i can sell off my stock mid pipe lol
__________________
Full 1m bodywork,helix 2stepIC, icarbon thermal coated dp, JB4 ,Seibon carbon fiber hood, icarbon trunk,meth, BMS intake, ECS rotors, black lines, apex ec'7s, cks coil overs, Vargas turbo click on pic for build thread
Mybad135 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #37
Ian///M
Major General
 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU

Posts: 6,238
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Did you have drone before? What happened after the switch?

Could you also comment is there a noticable improvement in throttle response, especially if you are not on M mode?

How about the upper regime, 5500 to 7000, did you notice improvement there?

Sorry too many questions but you seem to have one of the few who put the MD on an otherwise stock 1M.

The noise in your video is perfect for me, for sure there is some hp and torque gains too which is welcome. But what I want to really "tune" is the drone just a bit down (mine is quite loud in between 2000 to almost 3000) and have a better/quicker responding throttle in non-M mode.
Drone is better, but still there around 2,200rpm. I only had the car 3 days before switching the mids, so can't really compare to stock. The dyno showed good numbers though, but I did the change primarily for the sound.
Ian///M is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #38
///M1
Brigadier General
 
///M1's Avatar
 
Drives: Many
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 212/305

Posts: 3,090
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
Drone is better, but still there around 2,200rpm. I only had the car 3 days before switching the mids, so can't really compare to stock. The dyno showed good numbers though, but I did the change primarily for the sound.
Could you kindly post the dyno sheets, we have data for the MadDad and Berk midpipes, so would be cool to get for the N55 as that pretty much completes the top midpipe offering options for our platform.
__________________
2011 BMW E82 1///M: AW, ZPP+ZCV, HK, Apps; Akra CF+Valve control, MadDad mids, K&N, Forge FMIC, P3gauge, EuroTails, Tint, CF Mirrors+Spoiler+Roof+RevoZ diffuser, 10mm H&R, IND grills+gills, xCDV, LUX AE
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Interior, Premium+Titanium Package, EPL Tune, Stasis Ohlins MS coilovers, Milltek valved exhaust+DownPipes, Alcon BBK, Tint, ADR V1, Lidatek, Lamin-X, Strasse Forged SM7 3-piece concave wheels, 275/30/19 PSSs, Euro flat-bottom steering wheel, JHM SSK
///M1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #39
ayao
Thread killer
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA

Posts: 581
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Could you kindly post the dyno sheets, we have data for the MadDad and Berk midpipes, so would be cool to get for the N55 as that pretty much completes the top midpipe offering options for our platform.
I think ianf is running the Maddads ...
ayao is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #40
MrRoboto
Colonel
 
Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

Posts: 2,706
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Ill get back to you guys on a GB, I know someone at Maddad
Hey Papethova...any update on the GB? It appears we have close to 10 of us interested so far. Perfect way to kick off the modding season.
MrRoboto is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #41
providence
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2014 X3 Msprt, 2014 X5, 1M
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA

Posts: 163
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Hey Papethova...any update on the GB? It appears we have close to 10 of us interested so far. Perfect way to kick off the modding season.
+1...
I'm ready to go just waiting to see how this GB turns out...
providence is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #42
dean_g
Second Lieutenant
 
dean_g's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 296
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to dean_g
interested in group buy !
dean_g is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #43
Derk1127
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 AW 135
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 102
iTrader: (1)

I am also interested in a GB
Derk1127 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #44
Papethova
Brigadier General
 
Papethova's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: at Death Valley 127

Posts: 3,032
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Hey Papethova...any update on the GB? It appears we have close to 10 of us interested so far. Perfect way to kick off the modding season.
He has been out, IDK if today was his 1st day back but being away I imagine he has more urgent things on his list. I will try to touch base with him tomorrow and update this thread when and if the GB is a go for us.
Papethova is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST