BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
muz1990
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Scotland

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

1/4 mile take off

What's best? Doing the 1/4 mile next Sunday and last time I tried a second gear take off it failed miserably!


If you type in Focus St vs BMW crail in YouTube Youl find me in my car and a few other videos I think

Beat the e90 m3's time in the damp lol!
muz1990 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
BostonBeemah
The Stig
 
BostonBeemah's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 135i 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belmont, Ma

Posts: 381
iTrader: (2)

Went this past Friday and ran a 12.2 113 with a 1.8 60ft on MT Et streets
__________________

RIP 2008 AW/BL 135illMods: JB4 G5 ISO, 2Step, Raceland DPs,Turbo Back Straight Pipes, BMS DCI, ER CP, HKS BOV, CM10 + CM14 METH, P3 Vent Gauge
Dragstrip: 1.81 60ft 12.2@113 NO METHDynoDayhttp://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15337
BostonBeemah is online now   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
1911A145
Captain
 
1911A145's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL

Posts: 773
iTrader: (3)

Just got back tonight and best was a consistent 13.9 @ 103 bone stock 08 135i. It had the SW Update a year ago and no matter what i did it would go any faster. auto trans. I don't know if it was me or the car because of the update. manual shifting in 2nd gear launch with pr-spool, left it in auto and just went, tried different shift points. IDK... What are you guys running in these cars off the line to make them get low 13's stock? tips? My 135 has pretty much every option so I know weight is an issue but DAMN! Disappointed to say the least...
1911A145 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

Posts: 1,691
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
Just got back tonight and best was a consistent 13.9 @ 103 bone stock 08 135i. It had the SW Update a year ago and no matter what i did it would go any faster. auto trans. I don't know if it was me or the car because of the update. manual shifting in 2nd gear launch with pr-spool, left it in auto and just went, tried different shift points. IDK... What are you guys running in these cars off the line to make them get low 13's stock? tips? My 135 has pretty much every option so I know weight is an issue but DAMN! Disappointed to say the least...
I noticed you are in Florida, did you by chance run it at PBIR? You need to turn off all traction control to have a decent launch. Its also best to shift around 6k rpms as the turbos run out of breath up top. I honestly don't think I've seen a stock 135 or 335 running low 13's at PBIR, so I would say your time is normal depending on your 60ft. My best so far on stock runflat tires has been a 12.3@117mph with a 2.171 60ft on pump 93 octane with just tune, fmic and downpipes at PBIR.
RnmEvo9 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
1911A145
Captain
 
1911A145's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL

Posts: 773
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
I noticed you are in Florida, did you by chance run it at PBIR? You need to turn off all traction control to have a decent launch. Its also best to shift around 6k rpms as the turbos run out of breath up top. I honestly don't think I've seen a stock 135 or 335 running low 13's at PBIR, so I would say your time is normal depending on your 60ft. My best so far on stock runflat tires has been a 12.3@117mph with a 2.171 60ft on pump 93 octane with just tune, fmic and downpipes at PBIR.
Yea, I live 30 minutes north of PBIR.


I did have all traction control off and tried several different launches and shift points to no avail. I am getting a tune asap and seeing if that changes anything. So should I shift at 6k? Thanks.
1911A145 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

Posts: 1,691
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
Yea, I live 30 minutes north of PBIR.


I did have all traction control off and tried several different launches and shift points to no avail. I am getting a tune asap and seeing if that changes anything. So should I shift at 6k? Thanks.
Trust me, the tune alone will change everything for the better. And yes, you should be shifting around 6k rpms.
RnmEvo9 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #7
muz1990
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Scotland

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Last time I tried 2nd gear launch in the damp at 3-k revs it just sat at 7k and spun till about 70 mph that was my worst run!

Also you guys running 93 octane? That's crap! British shell v power is 99 and I used to get my hand on 102 octane but you had to pay for it before you fuelled up

I found last time just the DTC pressed and 3k revs worked best, not the most clued up on this
muz1990 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
1911A145
Captain
 
1911A145's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL

Posts: 773
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz1990 View Post
Last time I tried 2nd gear launch in the damp at 3-k revs it just sat at 7k and spun till about 70 mph that was my worst run!

Also you guys running 93 octane? That's crap! British shell v power is 99 and I used to get my hand on 102 octane but you had to pay for it before you fuelled up

I found last time just the DTC pressed and 3k revs worked best, not the most clued up on this
HA! We have to pre-pay for ALL gas in the states. (At least in everyone one ive been too!)

1911A145 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
Vigilante375
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: WA

Posts: 516
iTrader: (0)

In Oregon you can't fill your own car, the attendant has to. You give them your card/cash to pay for and you HAVE to stay in the car.

OP, is you car a 7DCT or a 6spd?
Vigilante375 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
Lubo
1addict
 
Lubo's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY

Posts: 474
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz1990 View Post
Last time I tried 2nd gear launch in the damp at 3-k revs it just sat at 7k and spun till about 70 mph that was my worst run!

Also you guys running 93 octane? That's crap! British shell v power is 99 and I used to get my hand on 102 octane but you had to pay for it before you fuelled up

I found last time just the DTC pressed and 3k revs worked best, not the most clued up on this

Fuel Rating in Europe and US is different. Our 93 roughly equals your 99.
Lubo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #11
muz1990
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Scotland

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

6 speed manual mate and ah right I see ( to the fuel comment )


And I'd freak out if someone else had to fuel my car, I dont let people near it I'm really anal about it

Plus our gas is £1.40 or something for the high octane, I get 60 miles out of £20 if I'm lucky and i don't give a toss! Haha
muz1990 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST