BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #89
AirRik
New Member
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Munich

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Hey Guys!

It's me, Erik! Part of the BMW Welt 3.0 - Friends United Orga-Crew.

First of all, i want to thank you for your interest in the BMW Meeting and apologize for my bad english skills

But I will try to write as good as possible.

Here are some news for you:

- There could be some problems for extrem lowered cars when driving into the garage. Here you can see the problem (HERE)
We tested the driveway with 2 lowered cars, but look at the pictures.

- From now on the reservations for Andechs are closed, because they need a fixed number of persons

- MS-Tuning (HERE) has 15% discount for BMW Welt Meeting Members

- We downloaded a modification sheet (HERE) where you can write all your modifications and put in your car.
So everyone can see, what kind of tuning you did with your car

I am looking forward to see you!

Erik (AirRik)
AirRik is offline  
0
      04-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #90
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
 
Elsabor67's Avatar
 
Drives: La Jeva ;-)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stuttgart, Ge :-)

Posts: 2,540
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2009 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirRik View Post
Hey Guys!

It's me, Erik! Part of the BMW Welt 3.0 - Friends United Orga-Crew.

First of all, i want to thank you for your interest in the BMW Meeting and apologize for my bad english skills

But I will try to write as good as possible.

Here are some news for you:

- There could be some problems for extrem lowered cars when driving into the garage. Here you can see the problem (HERE)
We tested the driveway with 2 lowered cars, but look at the pictures.

- From now on the reservations for Andechs are closed, because they need a fixed number of persons

- MS-Tuning (HERE) has 15% discount for BMW Welt Meeting Members

- We downloaded a modification sheet (HERE) where you can write all your modifications and put in your car.
So everyone can see, what kind of tuning you did with your car

I am looking forward to see you!

Erik (AirRik)
Will be adding my info tonight for mine.

Can't wait for 6 May to roll around.
__________________

Quote from Ezeedee regarding car mods:
"you're only done when you sell the car "
Elsabor67 is offline   Germany
0
      04-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #91
AirRik
New Member
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Munich

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Oh, and I need the name of everyone!

So please send me a PM with your first name!

THANK YOU!
AirRik is offline  
0
      04-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #92
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
 
Rikx1M's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #739/740
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alabama

Posts: 1,649
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Did anyone download the sheet for mods??? (- We downloaded a modification sheet (HERE) where you can write all your modifications and put in your car.
So everyone can see, what kind of tuning you did with your car)

I clicked on the link and it took me to a PDF software download site, not a place to download a PDF file...... what did you guys do?

Also made reservations today for Motel One in Garching, arrive Sat, depart Sun.
__________________
Rikx1M is offline   United_States
0
      04-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #93
AirRik
New Member
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Munich

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

You have to click "Datei aufrufen"!

If it doesn´t work, write me a PM!
AirRik is offline  
0
      04-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #94
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,783
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Did anyone download the sheet for mods??? (- We downloaded a modification sheet (HERE) where you can write all your modifications and put in your car.
So everyone can see, what kind of tuning you did with your car)

I clicked on the link and it took me to a PDF software download site, not a place to download a PDF file...... what did you guys do?

Also made reservations today for Motel One in Garching, arrive Sat, depart Sun.
You have to click "Datei aufrufen"!


Worked for me! Here are the doc's...

Modifikationen.pdf

an example...
Name:  Modifikationen.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  121.7 KB

Modifikationen.doc

~$difikationen.doc
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
      04-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #95
machiavelli9988
Big Mac
 
Drives: MY12 E82
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada

Posts: 177
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Oh man, wish I could be there!

I'm arriving in Munich on the 6th from Paris, and taking delivery on the 7th of my 135i

Worst timing ever!
machiavelli9988 is offline  
0
      04-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #96
JK135i
8:39
 
JK135i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

Posts: 686
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i  [4.75]
Send a message via Yahoo to JK135i
Who all is staying at the motel one? I might book a room there too.
__________________
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
JK135i is offline   United_States
0
      04-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #97
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
 
Elsabor67's Avatar
 
Drives: La Jeva ;-)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stuttgart, Ge :-)

Posts: 2,540
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2009 135i  [5.00]
I might be staying at the motel. 50/50 right now. I think dack and Rikx are.
__________________

Quote from Ezeedee regarding car mods:
"you're only done when you sell the car "
Elsabor67 is offline   Germany
0
      04-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #98
135i OREO
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spangdahlem, Germany

Posts: 410
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I think thats where I'll be staying too
__________________
2009 BSM 135i 6MT /// JB4 /// BERK Street Axle Back /// BMS DCI/// HPF FMIC /// ER Charge Pipe /// HKS SSQV 4 /// AR Downpipes ///Scopione Splitters /// Blackline LCI Tail Lights/// Cusco Strut Brace /// E93 M3 Front Sway Bar ///Matte black grills /// Intake scoops /// LUX V3 /// Demon eyes /// CF Bits
135i OREO is offline   Germany
0
      04-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #99
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,805
iTrader: (0)

Im assuming this motel is away from the city?

Im still looking for a cheap place. Can anyone make a recommendation of area or even specific place?

Last time I was in Munich (2009) I stayed at a hostel called Wombat City, it was really nice for a hostel, but I think id prefer a private room rather than communal this time around, even if it is cheap.
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
      04-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #100
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,783
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Im assuming this motel is away from the city?

Im still looking for a cheap place. Can anyone make a recommendation of area or even specific place?

Last time I was in Munich (2009) I stayed at a hostel called Wombat City, it was really nice for a hostel, but I think id prefer a private room rather than communal this time around, even if it is cheap.
Yes, Rick and I will be staying at Motel-One in Garching. This hotel is just off the A9 just one exit before the Alianz Arena. That is just a few klicks before the autobahn ends up in the city. Nick the Alianz Arena is also where that big factory dealership( four floors) we went to last year just before the car show. The thing I like about Garching is it is literally ten minute drive to the Welt. And BMW M GmbH is just down the street from the hotel. There is also a U-bahn stop behind the hotel - in case anyone wants to go into the city the night before.


Motel One
Daimlerstraße 5a
85748 Garching (bei München)

English web page...
http://www.motel-one.com/uk/motel-on...-garching.html


There are actually three hotels there. Motel One, IBIS and ETAP. ETAP is the cheapest at ~44 euros per night. IBIS is in the middle class so to speak. But for me the Motel One is really a nice clean modern hotel. Its not very charming but it is a decent hotel for the price(~59 euros).


Dack
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
      04-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #101
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,783
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli9988 View Post
Oh man, wish I could be there!

I'm arriving in Munich on the 6th from Paris, and taking delivery on the 7th of my 135i

Worst timing ever!

What time does your train get into Munich? We are about fifteen minutes by U-bahn (subway) from the main train station(Hauptbahnhof).

Take the U-Bahn over to the Welt! We will all be there until 14:00. I am sure you can hitch a ride with one of us.

Take the U-bahn to Oylimpia Park/BMW Welt. Then walk over the bridge towards the Museum... and around the front of the four cylinder towers HQ building. We will be in the parking garage next to the HQ building.
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
      04-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #102
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,805
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Yes, Rick and I will be staying at Motel-One in Garching. This hotel is just off the A9 just one exit before the Alianz Arena. That is just a few klicks before the autobahn ends up in the city. Nick the Alianz Arena is also where that big factory dealership( four floors) we went to last year just before the car show. The thing I like about Garching is it is literally ten minute drive to the Welt. And BMW M GmbH is just down the street from the hotel. There is also a U-bahn stop behind the hotel - in case anyone wants to go into the city the night before.

Dack

I cant look at the website right now, but about how long would it take to get into the city from that U-bahn stop?

I plan on doing some sight seeing of things I missed the last time I was in Munich on friday night and saturday.
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
      04-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #103
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,783
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
I cant look at the website right now, but about how long would it take to get into the city from that U-bahn stop?

I plan on doing some sight seeing of things I missed the last time I was in Munich on friday night and saturday.
Ten to fifteen minutes max. More like ten though. It is a very short U-bahn ride into the city. It all depends on what time of day bc sometimes the trains come every six to ten minutes. Other times every two minutes - like during rush hour.

Here is a U-Bahn map - it looks more complicated than it really is. The BMW Welt is at the "Olympic Center" stop on the "U3 line". Motel-One is in Garching the very last stop(on this map - I think the train now goes one or two more stops North now). Hotel One is on the "U6 Line". You simply change trains from the U6 to the U3 to go to the Welt. Or just go to Marienplatz to the city center market and shopping area.

Motel One is in Garching on the U6 (dark blue line). The Alianz Arena is in Frottmaning, on stop down. BMW Welt is at the Olympia Zentrum stop on the U3.
Attached Images
 
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
      04-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #104
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,805
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Ten to fifteen minutes max. More like ten though. It is a very short U-bahn ride into the city. It all depends on what time of day bc sometimes the trains come every six to ten minutes. Other times every two minutes - like during rush hour.
Thats actually really easy. I might as well just stay with you guys then.

I was worried of a repeat of the last time I was in Luxembourg. My friend made the trip plans and we ended up staying at a hotel that was a 2 mile walk from the nearest train station...not fun with a 20lb bag on my shoulder...

does the U-bahn close at midnight?

Sorry about all the questions. I had a car the last time I was in Bavaria!
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
      04-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #105
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,783
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post

does the U-bahn close at midnight?

The U-bahn runs until 1am - I believe. Even IF you were to take a taxi from the center of the city to Garching where our hotel is... I can't imagine the taxi ride costing more than 20 euros. It is only 14kms away.


This might be of interest to you... GrayLine Tours... The bus even stops at the Welt! lol
http://www.stadtrundfahrten-muenchen.de/eng/index.html
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
      04-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #106
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,805
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The U-bahn runs until 1am - I believe. Even IF you were to take a taxi from the center of the city to Garching where our hotel is... I can't imagine the taxi ride costing more than 20 euros. It is only 14kms away.


This might be of interest to you... GrayLine Tours... The bus even stops at the Welt! lol
http://www.stadtrundfahrten-muenchen.de/eng/index.html
Thanks. But ive seen most of what those buses will head to already. And thats not too bad. I guess im too used to the outrageous cabs in London.

Honestly, ill probably end up spending Saturday in the Welt's museum. But thanks for all the help.


Just out of curiosity you said that there would be a possibly be and extended factory tour a while back. Any word on that happening Dack?
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
      04-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #107
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,783
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post

Just out of curiosity you said that there would be a possibly be and extended factory tour a while back. Any word on that happening Dack?

I don't think we will have time for one. You can call the Welt and ask if they have any slots open for a factory tour.

Phone 04989125016001 or 089125016001 from inside DE. Email infowelt@bmw-welt.com


To be honest, I have been spoiled by the Leipzig Factory tours. The Munich plant is so much older and crammed in there. Leipzig is BMW's cutting edge factory - thats where the new i8/i3 will be built. Perhaps Regensburg factory might be also a good tour come to think of it.

You might want to check out the cool traffic museum in downtown M...

Verkehrsmuseum Dresden

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490671
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
      04-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #108
135i OREO
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spangdahlem, Germany

Posts: 410
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Dackel, You are like a human google. I can not applaud you enough for all of the information and thorough, detailed and awesome input on everything car related and not car related. Thank you.

__________________
2009 BSM 135i 6MT /// JB4 /// BERK Street Axle Back /// BMS DCI/// HPF FMIC /// ER Charge Pipe /// HKS SSQV 4 /// AR Downpipes ///Scopione Splitters /// Blackline LCI Tail Lights/// Cusco Strut Brace /// E93 M3 Front Sway Bar ///Matte black grills /// Intake scoops /// LUX V3 /// Demon eyes /// CF Bits
135i OREO is offline   Germany
0
      04-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #109
AirRik
New Member
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Munich

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Please write me a PM with your name!

THX
AirRik is offline  
0
      04-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #110
135junky
Private First Class
 
135junky's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i coupe '08
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: germany

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

I’ll be tagging alone to, that’s the good news and the bad I have to work on Saturday till 2230. That means that I’ll be driving down on Sunday morning. And I read that we from 1addicts are going to meet before heading to the meet?! Can’t wait


PM sent to AirRik
135junky is offline   Germany
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST