BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
tonyrans
New Member
tonyrans's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: e82 sedona red msport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Question coding for cluster digital speedo etc

hey new to 1 addicts been looking all over google for someone to do the coding on my car so i can get digital speedo in the cluster and also other bits i can get done. anyone in the midlands who can do this or know someone who can a point in right direction would be great. also anyone got a list of what you can have coded ??
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
705
Rep
16,718
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyrans View Post
hey new to 1 addicts been looking all over google for someone to do the coding on my car so i can get digital speedo in the cluster and also other bits i can get done. anyone in the midlands who can do this or know someone who can a point in right direction would be great. also anyone got a list of what you can have coded ??

One of the e90 forum sponsors does remote coding...

http://www.bimmerretrofit.com/store/...&product_id=60
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
tonyrans
New Member
tonyrans's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: e82 sedona red msport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
One of the e90 forum sponsors does remote coding...

http://www.bimmerretrofit.com/store/...&product_id=60
thanks but after someone to do it for me as i dont have knowledge or equipment
__________________
120d msport, black grills, depo's, carbon emblems, black rebadge, tinted, alpine hifi speaker upgrade, e36 m3 evo black sunflower alloys
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
705
Rep
16,718
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyrans View Post
thanks but after someone to do it for me as i dont have knowledge or equipment
I think they send you a cable for your laptop... then you a arrange a time when you have your car coded REMOTELY. ie you plug in the cable... while talking to them over the phone... then when they are done... you unplug the OBDII cable - and you are done. Car now is coded. There is another guy from Poland who does car coding that way too over on the e90 forum.

Of course the best way to find someone local to you.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
tonyrans
New Member
tonyrans's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: e82 sedona red msport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I think they send you a cable for your laptop... then you a arrange a time when you have your car coded REMOTELY. ie you plug in the cable... while talking to them over the phone... then when they are done... you unplug the OBDII cable - and you are done. Car now is coded. There is another guy from Poland who does car coding that way too over on the e90 forum.

Of course the best way to find someone local to you.
oh yeah i get what u mean now would be easier and prob cheaper get someone local to do it but theres not many peeps piping up about it lol
__________________
120d msport, black grills, depo's, carbon emblems, black rebadge, tinted, alpine hifi speaker upgrade, e36 m3 evo black sunflower alloys
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
705
Rep
16,718
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyrans View Post
...also anyone got a list of what you can have coded ??

Here is a list of some of the things you can have coded...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637754
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
tonyrans
New Member
tonyrans's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: e82 sedona red msport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Here is a list of some of the things you can have coded...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637754
thats awesome lots of things i want done there lol love to see a full list bet can have a lot of fun
__________________
120d msport, black grills, depo's, carbon emblems, black rebadge, tinted, alpine hifi speaker upgrade, e36 m3 evo black sunflower alloys
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
ninjin
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: 120d
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

I am in the same situation as you. Would you consider going 50/50 on a cable and coding ourselves? I am in north london and this is my first bmw (120D coupe). Although I have never done a BMW I have worked with VAGCOM (VW/Audi equiv) and done various coding on those. So the principle is the same.

let me know.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #9
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
132
Rep
7,679
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

People in London and Essex, if you want to code your car, let me know what you want and I can do it.
Thanks.
PM me, as I hardly comes on this side of forum.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST