BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
sochermit
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, TX

Posts: 574
iTrader: (0)

VIN ONLY

Is there anything I can do with use a VIN number? Also the CA gave me, what she called, a port "SSIPOA". Does that mean anything to anyone?
sochermit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
predator19872
Frequent Member
 
predator19872's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i SG, 6MT, M Sp
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to predator19872 Send a message via Skype™ to predator19872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochermit View Post
Is there anything I can do with use a VIN number? Also the CA gave me, what she called, a port "SSIPOA". Does that mean anything to anyone?
Well, if you are trying to track an incoming car? A site I got off the tracking guide instantly helped. https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage. Just stick the full VIN no spaces in the Cargo ID section and that will let you know whether or not it has tracking info yet. The vehicle will show up as far as I can tell, if it is shipped through this company it should show up once the vehicle leaves the factory for the port. That's all I got. The BMW owner circle as well, if your not already tracking it through bmwusa.com. Also I have no idea what SSIPOA is.
predator19872 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
sochermit
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, TX

Posts: 574
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator19872 View Post
Well, if you are trying to track an incoming car? A site I got off the tracking guide instantly helped. https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage. Just stick the full VIN no spaces in the Cargo ID section and that will let you know whether or not it has tracking info yet. The vehicle will show up as far as I can tell, if it is shipped through this company it should show up once the vehicle leaves the factory for the port. That's all I got. The BMW owner circle as well, if your not already tracking it through bmwusa.com. Also I have no idea what SSIPOA is.
Thank you for that info. My problem is the CA is new and is working her way through all this herself. I am patient as we all have to start somewhere.
sochermit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
tracer bullet
Captain
 
tracer bullet's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 135i - AW w/ TC
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Saint Paul, MN

Posts: 722
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sochermit View Post
SSIPOA
Brunswick, GA according to Google.
tracer bullet is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
sochermit
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, TX

Posts: 574
iTrader: (0)

GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Brunswick, GA according to Google.
Thank you. I was just beginning my Internet search.
sochermit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
sochermit
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, TX

Posts: 574
iTrader: (0)

Using the site information "att.2wg..." provided it indicates there is no information on my vehicle. The next scheduled departure from Bremerhaven to Brunswick is 4/25 to dock 5/14. Hopefully my car will be in that shipment. Production was finished on 4/7.

Thank you everyone for your assistance.
sochermit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
predator19872
Frequent Member
 
predator19872's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i SG, 6MT, M Sp
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to predator19872 Send a message via Skype™ to predator19872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochermit View Post
Using the site information "att.2wg..." provided it indicates there is no information on my vehicle. The next scheduled departure from Bremerhaven to Brunswick is 4/25 to dock 5/14. Hopefully my car will be in that shipment. Production was finished on 4/7.

Thank you everyone for your assistance.
No problem that site found me my ship I hope it does the same to you when ever yours gets loaded up.
__________________
My other "CAR" is a M1A2 Abrams... Tankers Rule!!!
predator19872 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2012, 02:02 AM   #8
terrapen73
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenville,North Carolina

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Your salesperson can get the name of the ship carrying your car once it gets loaded IE: Florida Highway (carried my car). Then I googled that ship name as "ship florida highway" to get it's sailing data and from there was able to easily track the ship. First result on Google was a site that tracked that ship. There were probably 4 or 5 other sites that could be used also, though some were pay sites. I found that method to work much better than trying to track it by the vehicle VIN.
terrapen73 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2012, 05:37 AM   #9
sochermit
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, TX

Posts: 574
iTrader: (0)

terrapen73: Thank you for that suggestion. When I finally receive the ships name I will do just that.
sochermit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST