BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
JMetfordN55
1addict since April 2012
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver, CO


Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Introduction to Denver 1addiction...

Afternoon all -

I am the proud new owner of a 2011 135i Coupe in Denver, CO! I figured it would be a good idea to check out the community and get plugged into some events/rides in the area. Am I in the right place?

I am coming from an '05 MINI Cooper S JCW and the comparison can't even be made. The 1 is truly a magnificent car and I've never been happier with a vehicle. I picked up the car, gently used, from one of the local BMW dealerships on Saturday. It has 8k miles, all options/packages except Nav and the previous owner kindly had the BMW Performance Exhaust and Dinan Stage 2 suspension installed. Picture below.

Any advice for a new member of the club? I don't have any plans for additional changes or upgrades just yet (I need to get out of the honeymoon phase first), but I could see a few aesthetic modifications in the future.

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
cadeucsb
Lieutenant
11

 
Drives: TiAg 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: here


Posts: 596
iTrader: (3)

Welcome...the southwest forum has always been kinda weak. It doesnt help that it encompasses a giant area, rather than Rocky Mountain region like e90post does.

Looks like you went to Schomp, are you down south?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
JMetfordN55
1addict since April 2012
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver, CO


Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the heads up.

I am actually in the heart of Denver, walking distance to Coors Field. I drove a decent ways to get to Schomp, but the 1 was worth it. Truth be told, I knew I was buying the car before I drove it.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
JDUni1
First Lieutenant
United_States
4

 
JDUni1's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 M3, '12 135i (Sold)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denver, CO


Posts: 367
iTrader: (0)

Congrats! Hope to see you on the road!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 01:38 AM   #5
AtomiK
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2

 
Drives: 2009 AW 135i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Broomfield, CO


Posts: 227
iTrader: (0)

Hey, clean looking car you got there! I just picked up a M3 from Schomp, and I'm always around the downtown area for work, so maybe I'll see you around.
__________________
2009 BMW 135i - iDrive, iPod, and first person with the M-Sport package in Colorado.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
29

 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO


Posts: 2,156
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Maybe it's time for another Denver meet.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
cadeucsb
Lieutenant
11

 
Drives: TiAg 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: here


Posts: 596
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMetfordN55 View Post
Thanks for the heads up.

I am actually in the heart of Denver, walking distance to Coors Field. I drove a decent ways to get to Schomp, but the 1 was worth it. Truth be told, I knew I was buying the car before I drove it.
Nice, I take mine to Murray Motors for service...a lot closer to you than Schomp. I am central denver as well, but not downtown (Hilltop just east of Cherry Creek).
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #8
milehigh135i
Private First Class
2

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denver


Posts: 92
iTrader: (1)

Yeah we should definitely set up a meet. I was seeing quite a few 1ers around but the last month or so maybe one or two
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
JMetfordN55
1addict since April 2012
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver, CO


Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehigh135i View Post
Yeah we should definitely set up a meet. I was seeing quite a few 1ers around but the last month or so maybe one or two
I am certainly game. With the weather starting to change, a meet and drive through the hills would be fun... Although it is miserable out right this moment.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
29

 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO


Posts: 2,156
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMetfordN55 View Post
I am certainly game. With the weather starting to change, a meet and drive through the hills would be fun... Although it is miserable out right this moment.
That would certainly be fun. I just went on a mountain run this past Sunday with the local BMW CCA with about 40 or so cars in attendance.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #11
bkbeagle
Private
United_States
0

 
bkbeagle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 135i Convertible
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado


Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMetfordN55 View Post
Afternoon all -

I am the proud new owner of a 2011 135i Coupe in Denver, CO! I figured it would be a good idea to check out the community and get plugged into some events/rides in the area. Am I in the right place?

I am coming from an '05 MINI Cooper S JCW and the comparison can't even be made. The 1 is truly a magnificent car and I've never been happier with a vehicle. I picked up the car, gently used, from one of the local BMW dealerships on Saturday. It has 8k miles, all options/packages except Nav and the previous owner kindly had the BMW Performance Exhaust and Dinan Stage 2 suspension installed. Picture below.

Any advice for a new member of the club? I don't have any plans for additional changes or upgrades just yet (I need to get out of the honeymoon phase first), but I could see a few aesthetic modifications in the future.


Hope to run into you sometime

Just picked mine up today. Here are a couple of quick pics. Hope to have some more to post shortly.

2013 1351 Convertible
Cashmere Grey
Savanna Beige Interior
Premium Package, Cold weather package, Technology Package
7 Speed Double Clutch Trans
Dinan Stage 2
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #12
cadeucsb
Lieutenant
11

 
Drives: TiAg 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: here


Posts: 596
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbeagle View Post
Hope to run into you sometime

Just picked mine up today. Here are a couple of quick pics. Hope to have some more to post shortly.

2013 1351 Convertible
Cashmere Grey
Savanna Beige Interior
Premium Package, Cold weather package, Technology Package
7 Speed Double Clutch Trans
Dinan Stage 2
Nice...welcome.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 01:06 AM   #13
1forlife
Enlisted Member
United_States
1

 
1forlife's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 AW 135i (M sport, Nav)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: PA, USA


Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Very nice, hope you got it into a garage before this snow storm. This reminds me what my wheels should look like.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #14
bigjweb
New Member
0

 
bigjweb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Denver


Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

i'm a new BMW owner and in denver as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
Caleb
Private First Class
United_States
4

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver, CO


Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjweb View Post
i'm a new BMW owner and in denver as well.
Maybe it's time to start planning a spring drive...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #16
bigjweb
New Member
0

 
bigjweb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Denver


Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

that would be cool
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #17
aleckzandr
Major
United_States
13

 
aleckzandr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 n54 e92 xi, 6mt, kw v3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado, USA


Posts: 1,377
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335xi  [4.22]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Maybe it's time to start planning a spring drive...
I'm in.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #18
Badabing
Private First Class
2

 
Badabing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i Red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado


Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Maybe it's time to start planning a spring drive...
Maybe a summer one? I'd be happy to organize if people are interested
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #19
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
29

 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO


Posts: 2,156
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badabing View Post
Maybe a summer one? I'd be happy to organize if people are interested
Here are a couple of options:

The Rocky Mountain chapter of the BMW CCA runs this route for their spring drive:
Meet in Fort Collins and take 287 north to the Poudre Canyon Highway. Follow that west out to Walden, then head south on highway 125 to Granby. From there, take highway 40 to I-70 and back into Denver.

A few of us did this shorter route last fall:
Meet in Westminster and take highway 36 through Boulder, up to Lyons, then to Estes Park. From there, head south on highway 7, then on highway 72 through Coal Creek Canyon out to highway 93.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #20
Badabing
Private First Class
2

 
Badabing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i Red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado


Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Here are a couple of options:

The Rocky Mountain chapter of the BMW CCA runs this route for their spring drive:
Meet in Fort Collins and take 287 north to the Poudre Canyon Highway. Follow that west out to Walden, then head south on highway 125 to Granby. From there, take highway 40 to I-70 and back into Denver.

A few of us did this shorter route last fall:
Meet in Westminster and take highway 36 through Boulder, up to Lyons, then to Estes Park. From there, head south on highway 7, then on highway 72 through Coal Creek Canyon out to highway 93.
Both of those sound great. How long did the second one take you?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #21
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
29

 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO


Posts: 2,156
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badabing View Post
Both of those sound great. How long did the second one take you?
It still took a decent portion of the day. We met up around 9:00 AM and also stopped for lunch while in Estes. We also made a brief stop in Nederland where some of the group went their separate ways. Figure it will take to early afternoon considering the stops.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #22
Badabing
Private First Class
2

 
Badabing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i Red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado


Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
It still took a decent portion of the day. We met up around 9:00 AM and also stopped for lunch while in Estes. We also made a brief stop in Nederland where some of the group went their separate ways. Figure it will take to early afternoon considering the stops.
I'm in to do that run if there are others! Let me know
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST