BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #23
EINSER M
Major General

Drives: 2011 E82 1M

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
did you fix you wink

EINSER M is offline   United_States
      05-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #24
eeghie
Kind of a Big Deal

Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookieshk View Post

So just to confirm....its possible to add the tilting and power folding if I DO NOT have the power seats yea?

Because it's sometimes hard to relay statements on forums as facts: Please use the attached German price list that shows on pages 10 and 11 that although option 313 (AuBenSpiegelPaket = folding mirrors with tilting = BordSteinAutomatik) must be included with 459, the reverse is not true.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 1012 Preisliste_BMW_1er_M_Coupe_Mai_2011.pdf (656.4 KB, 118 views)
      05-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #25
GeeRam
Captain

Drives: 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
+1. Power folding and tilting has nothing to do with power/memory seats, they are just packed together. In a lot of places you can order and have a manual seat with mirror package. My car is one of them with manual seats, heated and also power lumbar support, plus mirror package which includes not only tilting and folding but also auto chrome inside and outside mirrors. So, everything is possible as long as you talk with the right people like eeghie mentioned before.
Indeed, my 135i is optioned with manual seats, but with power folding autodim mirrors.

However, IIRC, the reverse tilt function needs a memory module of some description, which if you have power mem seats is already fitted...hence easier to retro-fit the power fold mirrors.
If you have manual seats, you don't have a factory fitted mem module, and I was told, it was very complicated and expensive to fit all the gubbins for the power fold mirrors as a result.
Not impossible, just you have to throw a lot more cash at it.

2012 Harley Davidson Softail Slim ~ lots of mods
GeeRam is offline   United Kingdom
      05-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #26
eeghie
Kind of a Big Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
Indeed, my 135i is optioned with manual seats, but with power folding autodim mirrors.

However, IIRC, the reverse tilt function needs a memory module of some description, which if you have power mem seats is already fitted...hence easier to retro-fit the power fold mirrors.
If you have manual seats, you don't have a factory fitted mem module, and I was told, it was very complicated and expensive to fit all the gubbins for the power fold mirrors as a result.
Not impossible, just you have to throw a lot more cash at it.
Wrong on the 'memory module', it's the xFRM (Foot Rest Module). Regardless of options, all off our cars have it and it hosts the relevant coding parameters for mirror behavior. Check the attached DIY (for a '08 E88 convertible) done by user TTMAX over at the BMW coding dot com website. The extra complexity is mostly in the wiring.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf DIY_Retrofit_Folding_Mirrors_E88.pdf (333.3 KB, 967 views)
      05-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #27
GeeRam
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Wrong on the 'memory module', it's the xFRM (Foot Rest Module). Regardless of options, all off our cars have it and it hosts the relevant coding parameters for mirror behavior. Check the attached DIY (for a '08 E88 convertible) done by user TTMAX over at the BMW coding dot com website. The extra complexity is mostly in the wiring.

Was only only going by what I was told by a 'so-called' expert, when I was trying to find a used 135 with the right combination of options, which I couldn't so ended up buying new, when BMW said they wouldn't build the 1M with DCT.

05-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #28
eeghie
Kind of a Big Deal

Quote:

Was only only going by what I was told by a 'so-called' expert, when I was trying to find a used 135 with the right combination of options, which I couldn't so ended up buying new, when BMW said they wouldn't build the 1M with DCT.

Too many 'so-called experts' in this world.

The 1M option list in various countries certainly left many of us wanting, ... . Good to find several decent retrofit & mod threads on here.
      05-07-2012, 04:47 AM   #29
kookieshk
Private First Class

Drives: AW BMW E82 1M

eeghie is my EXPERT on this matter and he's been nothing but helpful!!! thanks so much!!!

on a diff note - i just quoted from the KW dealer in hong kong that it would take 4 weeks to get the DDC shipped to Hong Kong
kookieshk is offline   Hong Kong
      05-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #30
Turbo Power
First Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 1M

When my car went in for it's running in service I asked the dealer to code the wing mirrors in so that when the car is locked and the button is held down then the mirrors should fold in.
I was told that this request was not available on my car

Can anyone confirm if this is the case or are my local dealers talking out of their back side.
      05-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #31
kookieshk
Private First Class

does anyone have a good recommendation to where I can buy the parts mentioned by eeghie?
      05-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #32
eeghie
Kind of a Big Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookieshk View Post
does anyone have a good recommendation to where I can buy the parts mentioned by eeghie?
start with the parts department at your dealer. Also have them double-check if all the part a suitable for your RHD (be warry of answers like "Absolutely NOT or Can'T be done", which means they don't know ;-)
      05-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #33
kookieshk
Private First Class

lol i will def do that sir!!!
      05-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #34
GeeRam
Captain

Quote:

Too many 'so-called experts' in this world.
He is a BMW Master Tech at a main dealer, so assumed he had a vague idea he knew what he was talking about.....

05-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #35
ozinaldo
Brigadier General

Drives: 1M

Quote:
He is a BMW Master Tech at a main dealer, so assumed he had a vague idea he knew what he was talking about.....
Maybe his father or uncle owns the dealer
ozinaldo is offline   Portugal
      05-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #36
GeeRam
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Maybe his father or uncle owns the dealer
Nope...... the dealer chain is owned by a well known (in the UK) ex-racing driver

05-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #37
eeghie
Kind of a Big Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar7274 View Post
When my car went in for it's running in service I asked the dealer to code the wing mirrors in so that when the car is locked and the button is held down then the mirrors should fold in.
I was told that this request was not available on my car

Can anyone confirm if this is the case or are my local dealers talking out of their back side.
Assuming you have all mirror folding hardware installed and mean locking by FOB: ask anybody with coding hardware and experience to set the NFRM parameter ASP_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP = aktive.

To keep in mind, non stock parameter settings may not survive later software upgrades by the dealer (but can be repeated afterwards). If you pay someone, ask upfront for FOC or discounted repeats.
      05-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #38
Turbo Power
First Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Assuming you have all mirror folding hardware installed and mean locking by FOB: ask anybody with coding hardware and experience to set the NFRM parameter ASP_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP = aktive.

To keep in mind, non stock parameter settings may not survive later software upgrades by the dealer (but can be repeated afterwards). If you pay someone, ask upfront for FOC or discounted repeats.
Thank you for your reply