BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #67
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
65
Rep
5,029
Posts

Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

so are you making like a stett intake type with the additional of the meth bung?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #68
pavo335
Banned
pavo335's Avatar
33
Rep
2,981
Posts

Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

iTrader: (0)

ahhhhh thats what you were talking about. interesting, do you think this will have better airflow than the air box chop?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #69
Alpha Trion
First Lieutenant
Alpha Trion's Avatar
Australia
4
Rep
364
Posts

Drives: 135 Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

As long as the throttle is down it won't hydro lock. I tested this on a civic a lil while ago. Pumped water into the intake continuously. All that happened was a lot of spluttering and almost dying. The water just ended up out the exhaust in the end and the engine was fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #70
woosh
Colonel
woosh's Avatar
Australia
34
Rep
2,290
Posts

Drives: Canyonero SUV
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Hmmmmmmmm

Isn't air flow better through the OEM ducts though? The air inlets look like they can carry more volume (than the hose)...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #71
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Let's see some logs Edwin. Looks good!
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #72
pavo335
Banned
pavo335's Avatar
33
Rep
2,981
Posts

Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

iTrader: (0)

Its absolutely amazing what belrose bunnings stocks these days
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #73
jksgoh
Major
jksgoh's Avatar
27
Rep
1,299
Posts

Drives: 125i coupe
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melb, Vic, Aus

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
looks interesting!
Is the piping now longer or shorter than OEM? as airway resistance is related to length (amongst a lot of other things)
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 12:00 AM   #74
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
36
Rep
2,604
Posts

Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Ok so ran a few logs last night and my turbo's seem to be working a little harder than I wanted. Couldn't run enough logs to analyze it properly but Wategate Duty cycle was higher than normal. IAT's look solid but that's mostly due to the cooler weather/meth. Boost wasn't far off set targets however I think I may have a slight leak. The grey lock-in plastic part that secures my BOV's are extremely loose and my BOV's move around 2cm back and forth. I may put the stock airbox back on and tap the top lid to spray the meth in there.
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #75
adrian@vishnu
Captain
Australia
12
Rep
672
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Are you injecting meth pre turbo (into the air box)?

EDIT: I looked at the previous page and see you are... are you pioneering this, or has someone done this before..... if any water droplets get to the turbo without being vapourised (likely given you are injecting into cold air), you are going to damage your comp wheel. Imagine a droplet of water hitting the compressore that is spinning at 100,000RPM. Water can get very hard at speed.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #76
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
36
Rep
2,604
Posts

Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Are you injecting meth pre turbo (into the air box)?

EDIT: I looked at the previous page and see you are... are you pioneering this, or has someone done this before..... if any water droplets get to the turbo without being vapourised (likely given you are injecting into cold air), you are going to damage your comp wheel. Imagine a droplet of water hitting the compressore that is spinning at 100,000RPM. Water can get very hard at speed.
Hey adrian, Yes Pre-turbo injection but definitely not pioneering. Lots of guys in the US are running pre-turbo meth on their N54's. I know all about damaging the comp wheel and appreciate your expertise so I reduced pressure directly from my pump. The CM5 flows approx 300mls a minute so I guess it's flowing around 200 a minute divided by two intake tubes. I'm only at WOT for the most part of 10 seconds so I flow about 16mls into each intake. Also as you know the intake tubing is quite long so I'm sure all the liquid is vapourised prior to getting to the compressor wheel (well I F$#%ING hope so otherwise we'll be needing some new turbo's soon).
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #77
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
65
Rep
5,029
Posts

Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
(well I F$#%ING hope so otherwise we'll be needing some new turbo's soon).
For your sake I hope that doesn't happen but it sounds to me like is an excuse to get some upgraded twins/single
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #78
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
36
Rep
2,604
Posts

Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
For your sake I hope that doesn't happen but it sounds to me like is an excuse to get some upgraded twins/single

Definitely wouldn't go single Ray. Twins cater much more to my kind of driving. I'm still having fun with my stockers. They are tiny work horses.
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 01:46 AM   #79
adrian@vishnu
Captain
Australia
12
Rep
672
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
Hey adrian, Yes Pre-turbo injection but definitely not pioneering. Lots of guys in the US are running pre-turbo meth on their N54's. I know all about damaging the comp wheel and appreciate your expertise so I reduced pressure directly from my pump. The CM5 flows approx 300mls a minute so I guess it's flowing around 200 a minute divided by two intake tubes. I'm only at WOT for the most part of 10 seconds so I flow about 16mls into each intake. Also as you know the intake tubing is quite long so I'm sure all the liquid is vapourised prior to getting to the compressor wheel (well I F$#%ING hope so otherwise we'll be needing some new turbo's soon).
I can't say if it is being vapourised. Would depend on volume, humidity and temperature of intake air. I would be concerned if it is on a cold humid night. But as long as you are aware of the risks, it is all good. I personally would put it in after the turbo.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 04:40 AM   #80
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Installed my Mr.5 intake. I didn't think it would make much difference but it's definitely noticeable. Car feels so strong now. Definitely recommend doing it. My setup is very stealth too.

Cheers Edwin for your help mate
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #81
Ian///M
Major General
Ian///M's Avatar
No_Country
84
Rep
6,253
Posts

Drives: 1M (Sold)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Installed my Mr.5 intake. I didn't think it would make much difference but it's definitely noticeable. Car feels so strong now. Definitely recommend doing it. My setup is very stealth too.

Cheers Edwin for your help mate
Pics?
__________________
BMW 1M VO - Cobb + PTF e-Tune, Akrapovic wireless, MadDad mids, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP, TurboSmart PB DV's, SSK, CDV, OCC, AWRON Gauge, Hankook RS-3's, Vorshlag Camber plates
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #82
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Pics?
Here's a quick pic. Looks stealth from the engine bay. From the front you can see the pod filter if you're looking for it.
Attached Images
 
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #83
Gumball
Captain
Gumball's Avatar
Australia
7
Rep
603
Posts

Drives: A45
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

I want to do that...
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #84
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Car feels really strong. I verified this using my butt dyno but definitely feels like there is some gains there.

Satisfied with my cooling solution which includes:
HPF FMIC
Advan stage 2 oil cooler with new thermostat
Mr5 intake
+ no weather shield / cowl
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #85
skidz
Banned
5
Rep
516
Posts

Drives: 1mers nuts :D
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: unda da bridge

iTrader: (0)

hey buddy what is your opinion of the advan oil cooler? IIRC you got the two cores??
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #86
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidz View Post
hey buddy what is your opinion of the advan oil cooler? IIRC you got the two cores??
I've got the Stage 2 which compromises of a 20 row core which is about twice the size of the factory core. I don't think it would be possible to fit a bigger core in there. I've had mine in for a while and never had any oil temp related issues. It does take a while to warm up, especially in winter, but it's nice and warm up here at least 10 months of the year anyway

I went for a drive just before and the car is feels like it has more power. If think the best way to test it on the dyno is to run it with the mr.5 then unplug the hose from the airbox and block it off with some plastic. I'm confident it's making some gains.
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #87
skidz
Banned
5
Rep
516
Posts

Drives: 1mers nuts :D
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: unda da bridge

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I've got the Stage 2 which compromises of a 20 row core which is about twice the size of the factory core. I don't think it would be possible to fit a bigger core in there. I've had mine in for a while and never had any oil temp related issues. It does take a while to warm up, especially in winter, but it's nice and warm up here at least 10 months of the year anyway

I went for a drive just before and the car is feels like it has more power. If think the best way to test it on the dyno is to run it with the mr.5 then unplug the hose from the airbox and block it off with some plastic. I'm confident it's making some gains.
cheers buddy, i remember now the stage 2 was thermo bypass or lower thermo but a SINGLE core to replace the stock one.

Im thinking of adding a second core on the passengers side where the ppk rad goes
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #88
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidz View Post
cheers buddy, i remember now the stage 2 was thermo bypass or lower thermo but a SINGLE core to replace the stock one.

Im thinking of adding a second core on the passengers side where the ppk rad goes
I'm not sure if adding a second core would really help. I think the lower thermostat does most of the work. I'd reserve that place for a dedicated trans cooler or a Mr.5 intake.

I could upgrade my stage 2 to a dual core if I wanted to but there is really no need for it.
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST