BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-23-2012, 03:00 AM   #23
pavo335
Banned
pavo335's Avatar
33
Rep
2,981
Posts

 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135
Setup the meth with the COBB and all looks good in the logs. I haven't run it aggressive as yet but will do. Currently running a Stg1 Sport map on the COBB which yields peak boost around 13.5psi tapered to around 10. Then add another 2psi on top through the JB4 and boost hits close to 16psi. Timing, fuel and targets are all perfect. Now I just need to increase the boost to around 18psi and see how it shapes up.
Good work Edwin

So you recommending the corn Cobb ?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 03:47 AM   #24
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Good work Edwin

So you recommending the corn Cobb ?
+ 1

Is the Cobb stack gtg?
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #25
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
35
Rep
2,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Not convinced yet. Had some minor boost oscillation issues late last night. I think I just need to find a different base map first. The other option would be to run an aggressive COBB map and dial in the meth to flow at a low additive.
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #26
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
Not convinced yet. Had some minor boost oscillation issues late last night. I think I just need to find a different base map first. The other option would be to run an aggressive COBB map and dial in the meth to flow at a low additive.
Edwin, how are you running this exactly? Do you leave it on map 3 and set the Cobb to a specific map? What values are adjusted on the JB? Can't you run an aggressive Cobb map + high additive with lots of meth?
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #27
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
35
Rep
2,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Will email you them tomorrow Vinney.
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #28
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
Will email you them tomorrow Vinney.
Ok thanks Edwin
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #29
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
65
Rep
5,029
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Ok thanks Edwin
there is an informative DIY by dzenno on the other forum if you want to read up on it.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 03:57 AM   #30
pavo335
Banned
pavo335's Avatar
33
Rep
2,981
Posts

 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Ok thanks Edwin
there is an informative DIY by dzenno on the other forum if you want to read up on it.
Rey I'm a lazy fucker can you post a link cause Edwin is a tight fisted bastard. I keep asking and he keeps his cards well hidden in fear I beat him
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 04:57 AM   #31
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
96
Rep
7,602
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Rey I'm a lazy fucker can you post a link cause Edwin is a tight fisted bastard. I keep asking and he keeps his cards well hidden in fear I beat him
__________________
ZUZETTE Build..http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606023
: ETS FMIC . aFe CAI . Remus Race exhaust . SSK . Custom Midpipes . CDV . BM OCC . H&R springs :
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #32
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
35
Rep
2,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Rey I'm a lazy fucker can you post a link cause Edwin is a tight fisted bastard. I keep asking and he keeps his cards well hidden in fear I beat him


I'll show you tight fisted next Thursday Pavo.

Beat me......
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #33
pavo335
Banned
pavo335's Avatar
33
Rep
2,981
Posts

 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

iTrader: (0)

I was starting to wonder where you got to I thought chris might have given you a bit of a work over on monday night!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #34
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
35
Rep
2,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
I was starting to wonder where you got to I thought chris might have given you a bit of a work over on monday night!
Yeh, he's got me back on the court playing ball on Monday night's. It's been 10 years since I've played and every Tuesday morning I struggle to get out of bed and my muscles ache for 6 days and then it's game on again.
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #35
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
35
Rep
2,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

So decided that the COBB just isn't for me. I did get it running quite well with the JB4 but there is definitely no need for it so I'll be returning the unit. I know some of the guys in the US that were stacking are not doing it anymore. The COBB is a good tune for those without meth but until they release proper meth maps and revise the current maps I'm gonna stick with the JB4. I uninstalled the COBB last night after two weeks with it and ran the latest JB4 firmware 5/19 for the first time and all I can say is my car feels so much better with the JB4. Stable/smooth boost curve with more advance (which I prefer).
I've said it before and will say it again JB4 FTW!!!!!!
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #36
pavo335
Banned
pavo335's Avatar
33
Rep
2,981
Posts

 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

iTrader: (0)

I assume you have the new jb4 in G5??? or something like that.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #37
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
So decided that the COBB just isn't for me. I did get it running quite well with the JB4 but there is definitely no need for it so I'll be returning the unit. I know some of the guys in the US that were stacking are not doing it anymore. The COBB is a good tune for those without meth but until they release proper meth maps and revise the current maps I'm gonna stick with the JB4. I uninstalled the COBB last night after two weeks with it and ran the latest JB4 firmware 5/19 for the first time and all I can say is my car feels so much better with the JB4. Stable/smooth boost curve with more advance (which I prefer).
I've said it before and will say it again JB4 FTW!!!!!!
Hey Edwin can you elaborate more on this JB4? I hear it's pretty decent
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #38
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
35
Rep
2,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

I bought the G5 about three weeks ago but I'm still running G4 at the moment. Will install the G5 next week.
Have you guys updated to the latest firmware?
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #39
pavo335
Banned
pavo335's Avatar
33
Rep
2,981
Posts

 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
I bought the G5 about three weeks ago but I'm still running G4 at the moment. Will install the G5 next week.
Have you guys updated to the latest firmware?
no, i didn't realise there was a new one
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #40
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
35
Rep
2,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

It's hidden in there somewhere. Finders keepers Pauly.
Just had my oil changed, new tyres put on and I just changed my front pads. All good to go tomorrow mate. And I just found out that we have a E85 pump close by also.
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #41
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
I bought the G5 about three weeks ago but I'm still running G4 at the moment. Will install the G5 next week.
Have you guys updated to the latest firmware?
I'm surprised you have not put the G5 in yet Edwin! I'm keen
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #42
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
35
Rep
2,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Now that ATR is out I decided to get a COBB again. I've been running the BMS COBB map and stacking the JB4 on top. The car seems to like it. Terry has created a nice base map that runs a little more aggressive timing if you have the octane. Will post some logs later but in the meantime here's a log from the latest COBB E30 race map for E85 users without the JB4 or meth. The boost peaks at 19.5psi and tapers to around 16 psi. Massive midrange torque. This log was only until 5800rpm. The timing looks strong and AFR's are within a safe range. I'm not a fan of running these boost levels with or without meth.
I had more parameters logged but due to the scaling they are not present.
Attached Images
 
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #43
pavo335
Banned
pavo335's Avatar
33
Rep
2,981
Posts

 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

iTrader: (0)

sounds like someone is ignoring there yard work

glad your enjoying it, i think there is too much mid range torque with the 402 agressive maps for the old DCT though

Edit: are you running the G5 board?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #44
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
35
Rep
2,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
sounds like someone is ignoring there yard work

glad your enjoying it, i think there is too much mid range torque with the 402 agressive maps for the old DCT though

Edit: are you running the G5 board?
BTW Thanks for the COBB.

No back on the G4. I'm so lazy I haven't soldered the new resistor on my G5 board.

Here's the same log but with load, WGDC and TPS.
Attached Images
 
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST