BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #67
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Wheels going to be arrived next Friday . Brembo will be shutting down for a month for their summer! So, brakes won't be available till late September!!
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #68
Ian///M
Major General
Ian///M's Avatar
No_Country
81
Rep
6,247
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Wheels going to be arrived next Friday . Brembo will be shutting down for a month for their summer! So, brakes won't be available till late September!!
What wheels?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #69
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
What wheels?
This:
Attached Images
 
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #70
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
This:


that will look awesome!
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #71
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
96
Rep
7,601
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
This:
WOW...they are HOT Steve...
__________________
ZUZETTE Build..http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606023
: ETS FMIC . aFe CAI . Remus Race exhaust . SSK . Custom Midpipes . CDV . BM OCC . H&R springs :
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #72
Ian///M
Major General
Ian///M's Avatar
No_Country
81
Rep
6,247
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
This:
Those look great on a 1M

Not exactly cheap though

Last edited by Ian///M; 06-14-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #73
BBK
Banned
45
Rep
3,078
Posts

 
Drives: A boring one...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [2.88]
Nice wheels!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #74
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Those look great on a 1M

Not exactly cheap though
Thanks everyone!

They are very light though, close to 20kg savings in unsprung. Bang for buck I think they are much better than the akra.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #75
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Thanks everyone!

They are very light though, close to 20kg savings in unsprung. Bang for buck I think they are much better than the akra.
5kg per corner? Surely that can't be right. Do you know the weight of the stock 1M wheels and these new ones? Are these in 19s? If the weight savings are accurate it will make a huge difference.

I still think the Akra sounds the best but you don't need to spend that much money to improve the sound. Even some N55 mids will do the job. I'm partial to louder exhausts on the N54 though

These wheels will look awesome, you will definitely have a unique looking 1M in Oz.
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #76
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
96
Rep
7,601
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
This:
Keep forgetting your 1M is VO..

Those wheels are going to look BAD ASS on VO...

All you will need is a drop..
__________________
ZUZETTE Build..http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606023
: ETS FMIC . aFe CAI . Remus Race exhaust . SSK . Custom Midpipes . CDV . BM OCC . H&R springs :
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #77
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
5kg per corner? Surely that can't be right. Do you know the weight of the stock 1M wheels and these new ones? Are these in 19s? If the weight savings are accurate it will make a huge difference.

I still think the Akra sounds the best but you don't need to spend that much money to improve the sound. Even some N55 mids will do the job. I'm partial to louder exhausts on the N54 though

These wheels will look awesome, you will definitely have a unique looking 1M in Oz.
Yes they are in 19s. 7.2kg fronts, 7.5kg rears 19x9 and 19x10s. Someone measured the stock wheels on the M3 and they are 25.5lbs fronts and 28lbs rears.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=10

So, thats 4.4 x 2 = 8.8kg for the fronts, and 5.2x2 =10.4kg. Total savings 19.2kg of unsprung. .
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #78
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Keep forgetting your 1M is VO..

Those wheels are going to look BAD ASS on VO...

All you will need is a drop..
Lol - weighing up my options. Will be deciding between KW, Ohlins and JRZ.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #79
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Yes they are in 19s. 7.2kg fronts, 7.5kg rears 19x9 and 19x10s. Someone measured the stock wheels on the M3 and they are 25.5lbs fronts and 28lbs rears.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=10

So, thats 4.4 x 2 = 8.8kg for the fronts, and 5.2x2 =10.4kg. Total savings 19.2kg of unsprung. .
That's a huge weight saving. I'm sure you will notice the difference straight away, especially on the track
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #80
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
That's a huge weight saving. I'm sure you will notice the difference straight away, especially on the track
Definitely will see you guys on track. Some headaches at work I need to sort out before I had time.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #81
bmw1mc
First Lieutenant
bmw1mc's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
345
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
What wheels?
This:
Most excellent!

I'm looking at these as well. Will probably wait until need new tyres though
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #82
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

PSS delivered on Friday. Now I just need to wait for the wheels, already on Australia shores and on its way up here.
Attached Images
 
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #83
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
21
Rep
1,780
Posts

 
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Darwin, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Sparoz, your car is going to be amazing with those shoes on. Will be really interesting to see the results with the stock suspension. I spent some time this weekend with a Touring Car Masters - 911 RS team and was discussing the wheels with their engineer. He said it should be good with stock suspension and if you had adjustables, you'd probably just soften it up a bit.

Very very interested in your thoughts and feedback... I hate you for sending me images of these... And that roof!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #84
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
Sparoz, your car is going to be amazing with those shoes on. Will be really interesting to see the results with the stock suspension. I spent some time this weekend with a Touring Car Masters - 911 RS team and was discussing the wheels with their engineer. He said it should be good with stock suspension and if you had adjustables, you'd probably just soften it up a bit.

Very very interested in your thoughts and feedback... I hate you for sending me images of these... And that roof!
Interesting thoughts on softening the suspension. It do make sense though (I think?? - may be I am still trying to comprehending this). Not convinced with the roof yet - especially we need someone out here who is going to do a good job.

PS - Wheels made it to Brisbane today so hopefully I can post some pics tomorrow before it goes on the car .
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #85
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
21
Rep
1,780
Posts

 
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Darwin, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Interesting thoughts on softening the suspension. It do make sense though (I think?? - may be I am still trying to comprehending this). Not convinced with the roof yet - especially we need someone out here who is going to do a good job.

PS - Wheels made it to Brisbane today so hopefully I can post some pics tomorrow before it goes on the car .
He said the suspension needs to work less so doesn't have to be as stiff - which made sense to me at the time. He said the stock suspension didn't need to be adjusted and should cope easier with the lighter wheels.

Looking forward to seeing them on your car. What colour did you go with?

Re Roof: The body shop in town is excellent and should be able to fit it with no issues. Just not sure about the cost/weight ratio.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #86
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
96
Rep
7,601
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
Very very interested in your thoughts and feedback... I hate you for sending me images of these... And that roof!
What roof ??? What have I missed ??
__________________
ZUZETTE Build..http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606023
: ETS FMIC . aFe CAI . Remus Race exhaust . SSK . Custom Midpipes . CDV . BM OCC . H&R springs :
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #87
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
21
Rep
1,780
Posts

 
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Darwin, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
What roof ??? What have I missed ??
Haha Joe. PM me your email! I should warn you though - you will spend money!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #88
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
96
Rep
7,601
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
Haha Joe. PM me your email! I should warn you though - you will spend money!
PM sent....
__________________
ZUZETTE Build..http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606023
: ETS FMIC . aFe CAI . Remus Race exhaust . SSK . Custom Midpipes . CDV . BM OCC . H&R springs :
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST