BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,723
iTrader: (289)

SoCal TRACK DAY!: Streets of Willow 7/7-7/8

SoCal TRACK DAY!: Streets of Willow 7/7-7/8

Price is $110, I don't know of any discount codes. If anyone knows of any, please share!!

If you have any questions, please email them... I will try to help out when I can, but I don't have technical/specific answers:

sung@extremespeedtrackevents.com


Registration link: http://www.extremespeedtrackevents.c...t-registration

There will be Free Timing and Free lunch for ALL drivers who register, as well as Free Basic on track instruction for beginners

Couple photos from previous events: (I suck at taking pics so sorry if they're crappy)











I am personally going to go on the 8th, Sunday .
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,723
iTrader: (289)

So I received an email update!


Saturday:
From 9am-3:30pm it's $85

From 4pm to midnight it's $130, but only $115 if you use the discount code twilight


Sunday:
Regular track day, it's $110, but only $95 with discount code: Sow14

I've never done a night event, so I'm excited.

If you have any questions.. please ask them, as I can't answer everything:
sung@extremespeedtrackevents.com
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
Sauce
Lieutenant
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego 135
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Studio City

Posts: 527
iTrader: (1)

Bump!!! Any 1'ers getting out there?!?! I'd love to have some other guys out there.
__________________
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Sauce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
romeo26
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: e30 325 (no lette)
Join Date: May 2005
Location: anaheim, cali

Posts: 348
iTrader: (0)

talked to a friend, if I get that weekend off he said he is also down to go. he has a stang, and ill be bringing my plane Jane 128
romeo26 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #5
Louie
Private
 
Louie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cali

Posts: 98
iTrader: (0)

This is going to be a fun track day from 4pm-midnight
and a fun weekend !!!!
Louie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
Sauce
Lieutenant
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego 135
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Studio City

Posts: 527
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo26 View Post
talked to a friend, if I get that weekend off he said he is also down to go. he has a stang, and ill be bringing my plane Jane 128
Sweet!! Make sure to find my smurf car and come say hello!!!
__________________
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Sauce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
qcodec
A driver
 
Drives: This isn't a 964
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OK -> CA

Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)

Hmmmm, 90 miles from my location. Shoot! This is difficult to say.
qcodec is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,723
iTrader: (289)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcodec View Post
Hmmmm, 90 miles from my location. Shoot! This is difficult to say.
lol most of us are at least 90 miles away

that's not far
it's faster than driving to DTLA, and DTLW is only 30 miles away
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #9
Sauce
Lieutenant
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego 135
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Studio City

Posts: 527
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcodec View Post
Hmmmm, 90 miles from my location. Shoot! This is difficult to say.
Yeah man, seriously, 90 miles at 7 in the morning is nothing. Trust me, it's worth it!!!!!!!
__________________
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Sauce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 03:04 AM   #10
qcodec
A driver
 
Drives: This isn't a 964
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OK -> CA

Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)

Darn! I need to finish unpacking first! Where are my helmet and gloves!!
qcodec is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 03:23 AM   #11
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,723
iTrader: (289)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcodec View Post
Darn! I need to finish unpacking first! Where are my helmet and gloves!!
you can always rent a helmet! lol
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #12
Blue55
First Lieutenant
 
Blue55's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)

.

Last edited by Blue55; 07-29-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Blue55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,723
iTrader: (289)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post
Has anyone run Streets at night? I've never tracked a car at night before and I'm curious. What is the lighting like there? Is it fairly evenly illuminated or is it patchy and dark?
It'll be my first night event so I'll tell you afterwards!!
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
Blue55
First Lieutenant
 
Blue55's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)

.

Last edited by Blue55; 07-29-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Blue55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #15
Sauce
Lieutenant
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego 135
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Studio City

Posts: 527
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post
Can anyone comment on how well these events are run and the kind of drivers that show up? It looks like 80+ cars are registered for the night event and that would make for some pretty crowded run groups of 25-30 cars assuming they are equally split up (which they never are).
They do an extremely, extremely good job. Everything is super organized and the guys that run everything are really good guys. If there's any type of issue, whether it be with yourself or someone else, talk to them and it will get fixed.
__________________
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Sauce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #16
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,723
iTrader: (289)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post
Can anyone comment on how well these events are run and the kind of drivers that show up? It looks like 80+ cars are registered for the night event and that would make for some pretty crowded run groups of 25-30 cars assuming they are equally split up (which they never are).
Extreme events are cheaper so they have more cars, but if you know your level and drive with people of similar level, you'll be fine.

Speed ventures is a bit more organized, but they cost quite a bit more

Speed District doesn't do SOW, but their events are rather private with usually 50 cars max, but they cost more as well.

Super advanced drivers can get pretty competitive, advanced not as much.
intermediate is a good medium IMO, but they tend to be too slow, so just get in front of the line.

Don't do beginner unless you are in fact a beginner, otherwise you'll feel crowded because people are, well...beginners lol and they drive slow


If you're looking to break lap times.... I doubt you'll be able to... private events are better suited for that kind of competition.


If you want to have fun, then you'll be plenty of it
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #17
cooler2442
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles

Posts: 3,814
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
They do an extremely, extremely good job. Everything is super organized and the guys that run everything are really good guys. If there's any type of issue, whether it be with yourself or someone else, talk to them and it will get fixed.
I honestly wouldn't say that about Extreme. I've had multiple issues with them in the past due to their disorganization and that was during regular track days. Which is the main reason I haven't attended an Extreme track day in a while and decided to go with Speed District instead the last time I tracked. From what I've heard Speed Ventures runs the tightest and best shift but I haven't had a chance to do an event with them yet.
__________________
cooler2442 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #18
Sauce
Lieutenant
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego 135
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Studio City

Posts: 527
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
I honestly wouldn't say that about Extreme. I've had multiple issues with them in the past due to their disorganization and that was during regular track days. Which is the main reason I haven't attended an Extreme track day in a while and decided to go with Speed District instead the last time I tracked. From what I've heard Speed Ventures runs the tightest and best shift but I haven't had a chance to do an event with them yet.
Well I honestly would. What issues did you have? Did you speak to anyone about them? I believe they do a great job managing people, and their sole purpose of running is because they love to be out at the track, they aren't making any money out there. How many track days have you done with them?

Edit: I have ran with speed ventures, I would say they also do a great job, what sold me on extremespeed is the quality of people you are surrounded with.
__________________
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Sauce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #19
cooler2442
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles

Posts: 3,814
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
Well I honestly would. What issues did you have? Did you speak to anyone about them? I believe they do a great job managing people, and their sole purpose of running is because they love to be out at the track, they aren't making any money out there. How many track days have you done with them?
Issue #1: One of their cone workers couldn't tell the difference between black BMW's. I received a black flag for no reason so when I pulled in and talked to the black flag guy he said go talk to Joel. Joel was no where to be seen so I had to go park my car and walk around looking for him. Finally found him and then he asked me why I was looking for him and I told him because they told me to go see him. Then he asked if I went off and I said no and then he said they must have gotten the wrong car. That basically killed my session.

Issue #2: I had got an instructor one day during intermediate and he stated that he would meet me at my car when it was time to go. I waited and waited by my car and he never showed up. Then I go inside and I see him talking to a bunch of people in other run groups. Finally when I mentioned it to him he said he forgot. We only got out there when it was past half a session being over.


Those are the 2 main issue's I had and it left a very sour taste in my mouth. They didn't even offer any kind of way to compensate for either of those that killed 2 sessions for me. I had to basically keep nagging them and asking them if I could go out on a back to back session which they finally agreed to but they decided to let me go out in Expert which wasn't fun at all since I had to keep slowing down on straight aways and letting the more advanced people pass. Would I track with Extreme again? Probably but that would only be because there isn't any other choice.
__________________
cooler2442 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #20
Sauce
Lieutenant
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego 135
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Studio City

Posts: 527
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Issue #1: One of their cone workers couldn't tell the difference between black BMW's. I received a black flag for no reason so when I pulled in and talked to the black flag guy he said go talk to Joel. Joel was no where to be seen so I had to go park my car and walk around looking for him. Finally found him and then he asked me why I was looking for him and I told him because they told me to go see him. Then he asked if I went off and I said no and then he said they must have gotten the wrong car. That basically killed my session.

Issue #2: I had got an instructor one day during intermediate and he stated that he would meet me at my car when it was time to go. I waited and waited by my car and he never showed up. Then I go inside and I see him talking to a bunch of people in other run groups. Finally when I mentioned it to him he said he forgot. We only got out there when it was past half a session being over.


Those are the 2 main issue's I had and it left a very sour taste in my mouth. They didn't even offer any kind of way to compensate for either of those that killed 2 sessions for me. I had to basically keep nagging them and asking them if I could go out on a back to back session which they finally agreed to but they decided to let me go out in Expert which wasn't fun at all since I had to keep slowing down on straight aways and letting the more advanced people pass. Would I track with Extreme again? Probably but that would only be because there isn't any other choice.
Those are definitely valid issues.

Issue #1: I believe the flag workers are themselves independent, possibly provided by Willow Springs, Buttonwillow etc., Persian can you confirm this? I am not 100% on that, but if it is the case that really could have happened to anyone.

Issue #2: That is really unprofessional by the instructor. It's tough to put that directly on Joels back, a lot of that is just communication between the two of you. Maybe some sort of system should be put into play ie: a meeting spot instructors and students meet at before every session rather than just trusting the instructor to be professional with the student.

Overall, I think it is really impressive what they provide. Run groups usually have great communication between each other in drivers meetings and if someone is being thickheaded talk to an instructor or Joel and they will handle it. Things stay very safe out on the track and everything is always very controlled. I hate to bring up money, because what is provided to you is undoubtedly worth a few extra bucks, but extremespeed undercuts all the other organizers by a good margin and it doesn't come at any negative to you.
__________________
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Sauce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST