BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #23
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 663
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Bought a JBSPEED to match titanium silver. My awesome shop Martino Auto Concepts said they'd put it on for me for $75 when I went in and asked them. Should I just do it myself? I have no experience installing things on a car (besides my kidney grilles lol). He explained there is some prepping involved, plus I don't know how to take the original (tiny) trunk lip on the stock part.... Can anyone post complete instructions? Probably pretty simple, just don't want to do it and have it fly off when I'm on the highway lol. Sorry if this is newb.
__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #24
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
 
Greenkirby21's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 128i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

Posts: 2,534
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST1 View Post
Bought a JBSPEED to match titanium silver. My awesome shop Martino Auto Concepts said they'd put it on for me for $75 when I went in and asked them. Should I just do it myself? I have no experience installing things on a car (besides my kidney grilles lol). He explained there is some prepping involved, plus I don't know how to take the original (tiny) trunk lip on the stock part.... Can anyone post complete instructions? Probably pretty simple, just don't want to do it and have it fly off when I'm on the highway lol. Sorry if this is newb.
there are lot of instructions on these forums for installation. It is really simple. I have a DIY for jbspeed one.

found it:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624560

its actually easier then the kidney grilles LOL

if you have a spoiler already on there, then to remove heat it up, use goo gone and thread away with tooth floss.
__________________
2009 128i Coupe Crimson Red MODS: -Injen Intake-Magnaflow Exhaust-Carbon Fiber Spoiler - Carbon Fiber Grilles - OZ Ultraleggeras - CF Mirrors
Greenkirby21 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #25
1triple5
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Bmw 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake
I also got one of the carbon fiber spoilers from JBspeed, price was right and fitment was pretty good. I'm happy with it.
I have a black 135 aswell, do you mind posting a couple more pics of the spoiler and the car? I really wanna see how the cf spoiler looks like on a black 1er
1triple5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #26
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 663
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
there are lot of instructions on these forums for installation. It is really simple. I have a DIY for jbspeed one.

found it:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624560

its actually easier then the kidney grilles LOL

if you have a spoiler already on there, then to remove heat it up, use goo gone and thread away with tooth floss.
I'm talking about the stock "spoiler"... Am I wrong? Isn't there a tiny little lip on the trunk?
__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #27
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
 
Greenkirby21's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 128i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

Posts: 2,534
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST1 View Post
I'm talking about the stock "spoiler"... Am I wrong? Isn't there a tiny little lip on the trunk?
ya, 135i come with a little lip on the trunk. One of the stickes in the DIY tell you how to remove it.

Basically, it is also put on with double sided tape. Just use a heat gun to heat it up a little(not too much), then use floss to carefully remove. Someone had a video of them using floss and a towel to remove it carefully. Then, clean up any residue with googone or rubbing alcohol.
__________________
2009 128i Coupe Crimson Red MODS: -Injen Intake-Magnaflow Exhaust-Carbon Fiber Spoiler - Carbon Fiber Grilles - OZ Ultraleggeras - CF Mirrors
Greenkirby21 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #28
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 663
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
ya, 135i come with a little lip on the trunk. One of the stickes in the DIY tell you how to remove it.

Basically, it is also put on with double sided tape. Just use a heat gun to heat it up a little(not too much), then use floss to carefully remove. Someone had a video of them using floss and a towel to remove it carefully. Then, clean up any residue with googone or rubbing alcohol.
Hey, thanks for every thing
__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #29
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
 
Greenkirby21's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 128i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

Posts: 2,534
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST1 View Post
Hey, thanks for every thing
no prob! if you have any other questions feel free to ask
__________________
2009 128i Coupe Crimson Red MODS: -Injen Intake-Magnaflow Exhaust-Carbon Fiber Spoiler - Carbon Fiber Grilles - OZ Ultraleggeras - CF Mirrors
Greenkirby21 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #30
ShocknAwe
Captain
 
ShocknAwe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC

Posts: 837
iTrader: (5)

I have one coming from an Asian eBay seller that I have used before to great luck. He makes all his own products in house. I will post up how it all fits probably end of the week. Should be here Thursday.
__________________
2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54
ShocknAwe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #31
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 663
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I just installed it. The JBSpeed seems good so far. I'll post pics once I wait about a half hour for it to stick.
__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #32
haitham87
Private First Class
 
haitham87's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i, JB4, AA BOV, PE
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beirut

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Installed the CF spoiler from ********** on my silver 135, looks gr8! I love it! I will never paint it silver

I like the silver carbon contrast woth the rear black diffusor.. It looks mean man
haitham87 is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #33
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 663
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Here's a before/after with some extra shots. Fits great, I like it
Attached Images
    
__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #34
audimotion
Second Lieutenant
 
audimotion's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i/12 F250 CC PS/06 ML500
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MN

Posts: 216
iTrader: (0)

looks great. I've been debating the same thing...go with CF or painted.

For an Alpine White 1er, with no other carbon fiber bits, I'm affraid the spoiler may look out of place...unless I get it painted.
__________________
08 135i |Alpine White w/ Terra Boston Leather|Sport Pkg| Premium Pkg| Shadowline| Gloss Black Trim| Nav| Comfort Access| Active Steering| Steptronic| Htd Seats| Prem. Sound/Sirius| Park Distance| PPK 1|BMS 4LED|M3 Sway Bar
audimotion is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #35
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 663
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by audimotion View Post
looks great. I've been debating the same thing...go with CF or painted.

For an Alpine White 1er, with no other carbon fiber bits, I'm affraid the spoiler may look out of place...unless I get it painted.
Honestly I would have been happy with painted or CF. Painted was just a little bit more affordable, and apparently the CF may turn yellowish after a few years (from the seller I bought from)
__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #36
ShocknAwe
Captain
 
ShocknAwe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC

Posts: 837
iTrader: (5)

Ebay spoiler fits great.

__________________
2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54
ShocknAwe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #37
Ammonia
Captain
 
Ammonia's Avatar
 
Drives: n54 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC

Posts: 741
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Ebay spoiler fits great.
Tell your friend I want one too. BSM, don't care about the material. PM me with his info or Ebay link?
__________________

Mods: JB4 | Berk Race Axel-Back | VSRF DPs | BMS DCI | CM Meth + CMGS Controller | Stett CP | Tial BOV | RR Scoops | BMS LED AE | Matte Grills | 10% Tint | M Pedals | Blackline LCI | CSR Eyelids | Amber Overlays | Rear OEM Flaps | Seibon GTR Hood | Painted Spoiler | H-Style Front Lip | VMR V701s
Ammonia is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #38
ShocknAwe
Captain
 
ShocknAwe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC

Posts: 837
iTrader: (5)

Gonna make a thread for it with more pics once I clean my car this weekend.

For now: go to Shadow.speed on eBay. Awesome seller out of Taiwan.
__________________
2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54
ShocknAwe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #39
titanium blur
Private
 
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
+1 for JBSpeed. Painted Ti Silver was very affordable and good fit and quality.
titanium blur is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST