BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Blue55
First Lieutenant
Blue55's Avatar
8
Rep
383
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs down Impressive Wrap in LA joyrides S4, owner gets ticket!

Hey guys - if you live in LA you should be aware of Impressive Wrap and how they took this guy's S4 for a joyride and got a ticket.

IMPRESSIVE WRAP joyrides my car, I get surprise letter/ticket weeks later; NEED HELP!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
cooler2442
Brigadier General
72
Rep
3,818
Posts

 
Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Woah.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
aznbo187
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
212
Posts

 
Drives: AW M5
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So.Cal

iTrader: (1)

Shady...
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
EINSER M
Major General
EINSER M's Avatar
United_States
92
Rep
5,368
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064 N, 117.5922 W, 300m altitude

iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
wow
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
ec1c173
Banned
No_Country
9
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: AW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 626

iTrader: (1)

There's definitely a different story behind this. Every shop makes mistakes, who doesnt. I don't think it's fair to post up all over the forums without hearing back from the shop. I went there after work as well to find out what's going on. It's definitely a misunderstand. Please guys, please don't be an Douche and listen to each side story.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...mpressive-wrap
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
tranism
Care Bears vs Klingons
United_States
5
Rep
205
Posts

 
Drives: 128i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Their side is they weren't joy riding. They were simply taking the car to 3M headquarters.

Sounds fishy to me. They should have informed the customer they needed to take his vehicle to 3M and they should have DEFINITELY informed him about the fix-it ticket.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #7
Golden3ye
Gonna skate to one song, and one song only
Golden3ye's Avatar
3
Rep
259
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 135i Coupe LMB
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Springfield, MO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1c173 View Post
There's definitely a different story behind this. Every shop makes mistakes, who doesnt. I don't think it's fair to post up all over the forums without hearing back from the shop. I went there after work as well to find out what's going on. It's definitely a misunderstand. Please guys, please don't be an Douche and listen to each side story.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...mpressive-wrap
Their rebuttal was addressed nothing what so ever. In my opinion it is only more incriminating.

There was mention of the poor workmanship on the passenger fender yet he claims they "make sure the vehicle is done correctly and up to the clients satisfaction". RIGHT

There was no mention of why he didn't tell his client that he got a ticket in his car. FISHY

And there was no explanation why he had to drive the car to 3M headquarters. If they were picking up product, you do that shit in a company car. FISHY

And then obligatory collage of exotic cars. LOL


I dont live in LA, but I have some unexplainable urge to make an effort to make sure no one takes their car to this "shop" in the future.
__________________

2012 135i | Le Mans | 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #8
jsmonet
Lieutenant
4
Rep
459
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 135
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: so cal

iTrader: (2)

someone tell me how it's the owner's responsibility if the provider was unable to drive the car to 3m without getting a ticket?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 05:22 AM   #9
ec1c173
Banned
No_Country
9
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: AW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 626

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden3ye View Post
Their rebuttal was addressed nothing what so ever. In my opinion it is only more incriminating.

There was mention of the poor workmanship on the passenger fender yet he claims they "make sure the vehicle is done correctly and up to the clients satisfaction". RIGHT

There was no mention of why he didn't tell his client that he got a ticket in his car. FISHY

And there was no explanation why he had to drive the car to 3M headquarters. If they were picking up product, you do that shit in a company car. FISHY

And then obligatory collage of exotic cars. LOL


I dont live in LA, but I have some unexplainable urge to make an effort to make sure no one takes their car to this "shop" in the future.

Obviously you do not know anything about clear bra or vinyl wrap. So please don't comment on something you have no experience with, at the end. You will just look like a fool. The car got approved by the instructor and it's very common to have little imperfection.

The crew was recently trained and certified to become an installer for clear bra. It's one of their first big jobs. Their intention was to get the job done right the first time without any error . They brought the car over to the 3m place where they got trained at, have the instructors to monitor them and make sure no mistakes was made. If a shop does not care about their quality work, they will not make the extra effort to go to the 3m place. They can just risk it and wrap the car.

Yes, they did make mistakes and didn't tell the customer that they will drive his car and so unfortunate, customer's car got pull over for illegal tint. They didn't handle this case very professionally. You learn from mistakes, thats how you become successful. No one wants that to happen.

But who doesn't make mistakes? they wrapped over 100 cars and majority of them are satisfied happy customers. They are good at what they are doing, price is always the best around the area. When a shop gets popular, negative comments are almost impossible to avoid. At least they are willing to man up, and take care of the unhappy customer.

No company in the world never make errors or mistakes. Which vendors on here has 100% positive feedback? None. As long as the shop admit their mistakes and willing to solve the problem with the customer, i believe anyone deserve a second chance. Why so harsh on them when you only heard from one side of the stories?

Why do they not comment back on the thread they create? because they think they provide enough information, and after that, it's between the customer and the them. Why waste time on the forum instead of spending time to take care of the customer and make him happy?

Those guys work their ass off to build the company, pull overnighters few days a week just to make sure the customers get their car on time. It's unfair to have thread like this to hurt a great company like this. They really put much effortss into customer's car. That's all i have to say, most members here are mature enough to determine this situation. No need to create more drama that it needs to. They already admit their fault and please just leave it here. Have the customer and the shop to solve the problem.

If you guys have any further questions, you are more than welcome to pm me.

-Eddie

Last edited by ec1c173; 08-18-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #10
dorkdog
Big Mouth No Filter
dorkdog's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
587
Posts

 
Drives: 128i Montego Blue 6MT Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Puyallup WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonet View Post
someone tell me how it's the owner's responsibility if the provider was unable to drive the car to 3m without getting a ticket?
Sure, no problem. When you give the keys to someone, you are letting them drive under your signature. It's your car - if it wasn't stolen then?

Like giving someone the password to your ATM and then bitching when your money's gone...
__________________
We do not inherit the Earth from our parents; we borrow it from our children
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #11
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
pinmagic's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,137
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Convertible
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1c173 View Post
At least they are willing to man up, and take care of the unhappy customer.


-Eddie
Sorry - anyone who gets a ticket under those circumstances, and simply sends it off to the owner, hoping they pay without noticing, isn't "manning up." Now that it's hit the fan, they suddenly want to make the customer happy. Yes, everyone makes mistakes, but this was hardly a mistake.

Now that the public eye is on this, let's see what they do to make it right. Better be good.
__________________
2011 135i VERT SGM/SB/MOONLIGHT - ED - with every single friggin' option they offered.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #12
Golden3ye
Gonna skate to one song, and one song only
Golden3ye's Avatar
3
Rep
259
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 135i Coupe LMB
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Springfield, MO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1c173 View Post
Obviously you do not know anything about clear bra or vinyl wrap. So please don't comment on something you have no experience with, at the end. You will just look like a fool. The car got approved by the instructor and it's very common to have little imperfection.

The crew was recently trained and certified to become an installer for clear bra. It's one of their first big jobs. Their intention was to get the job done right the first time without any error . They brought the car over to the 3m place where they got trained at, have the instructors to monitor them and make sure no mistakes was made. If a shop does not care about their quality work, they will not make the extra effort to go to the 3m place. They can just risk it and wrap the car.

Yes, they did make mistakes and didn't tell the customer that they will drive his car and so unfortunate, customer's car got pull over for illegal tint. They didn't handle this case very professionally. You learn from mistakes, thats how you become successful. No one wants that to happen.

But who doesn't make mistakes? they wrapped over 100 cars and majority of them are satisfied happy customers. They are good at what they are doing, price is always the best around the area. When a shop gets popular, negative comments are almost impossible to avoid. At least they are willing to man up, and take care of the unhappy customer.

No company in the world never make errors or mistakes. Which vendors on here has 100% positive feedback? None. As long as the shop admit their mistakes and willing to solve the problem with the customer, i believe anyone deserve a second chance. Why so harsh on them when you only heard from one side of the stories?

Why do they not comment back on the thread they create? because they think they provide enough information, and after that, it's between the customer and the them. Why waste time on the forum instead of spending time to take care of the customer and make him happy?

Those guys work their ass off to build the company, pull overnighters few days a week just to make sure the customers get their car on time. It's unfair to have thread like this to hurt a great company like this. They really put much effortss into customer's car. That's all i have to say, most members here are mature enough to determine this situation. No need to create more drama that it needs to. They already admit their fault and please just leave it here. Have the customer and the shop to solve the problem.

If you guys have any further questions, you are more than welcome to pm me.

-Eddie
I know a little bit, I know that you pay the extra money to get it handcut so you can get the wrapped edges and avoid exposed seems.

Charging a premium price for something, from what you say, they just learned to do in addition to taking the car to 3M and using it as a learning tool? Idk, I am pretty sure that isn't cool with anyone
__________________

2012 135i | Le Mans | 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
ec1c173
Banned
No_Country
9
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: AW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 626

iTrader: (1)

You such a negative person. Certified and " just learn" is two different things. They have the talent to wrap, they did so much wrap on custom wide body cars.and you think a stock s4 will be a challenge for them? They want to ensure get the best work, that's the reason they brought it over there to work on the car. Its definitely not "learning tool "as you mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #14
Ammonia
Captain
Ammonia's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
738
Posts

 
Drives: n54 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1c173 View Post
You such a negative person. Certified and " just learn" is two different things. They have the talent to wrap, they did so much wrap on custom wide body cars.and you think a stock s4 will be a challenge for them? They want to ensure get the best work, that's the reason they brought it over there to work on the car. Its definitely not "learning tool "as you mentioned.
Did they also drive those custom wide body cars to the 3M place too?
__________________

Mods: JB4 | Berk Race Axel-Back | VSRF DPs | BMS DCI | CM Meth + CMGS Controller | Stett CP | Tial BOV | RR Scoops | BMS LED AE | Matte Grills | 10% Tint | M Pedals | Blackline LCI | CSR Eyelids | Amber Overlays | Rear OEM Flaps | Seibon GTR Hood | Painted Spoiler | H-Style Front Lip | VMR V701s
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #15
ec1c173
Banned
No_Country
9
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: AW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 626

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1c173 View Post
You such a negative person. Certified and " just learn" is two different things. They have the talent to wrap, they did so much wrap on custom wide body cars.and you think a stock s4 will be a challenge for them? They want to ensure get the best work, that's the reason they brought it over there to work on the car. Its definitely not "learning tool "as you mentioned.
Did they also drive those custom wide body cars to the 3M place too?
Funny guy here. Unfortunately they didn't.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 02:22 AM   #16
Adam135
Captain
United_States
19
Rep
911
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1c173 View Post
You such a negative person. Certified and " just learn" is two different things. They have the talent to wrap, they did so much wrap on custom wide body cars.and you think a stock s4 will be a challenge for them? They want to ensure get the best work, that's the reason they brought it over there to work on the car. Its definitely not "learning tool "as you mentioned.
So you work there or what?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #17
EINSER M
Major General
EINSER M's Avatar
United_States
92
Rep
5,368
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064 N, 117.5922 W, 300m altitude

iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
none of this woulda happened if the shop had informed customer that his car was gonna be taken to 3M...entire debacle is on them, people should know and glad OP posted the story.
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #18
Blue55
First Lieutenant
Blue55's Avatar
8
Rep
383
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
none of this woulda happened if the shop had informed customer that his car was gonna be taken to 3M...entire debacle is on them, people should know and glad OP posted the story.
What EISNER M said.

I agree with EISNER M. There is NO reason why they should not have informed the customer they needed to drive the car somewhere. Another poster in a different thread mentioned 3M is no where near where the car was driven. The photos showed the work was poor quality as well. The material should have wrapped inside the fenders. I paid significantly less for my wrap which was the entire hood, front fenders, rocker panels, headlights etc and I had no issues whatsoever. No driving was required, nor indicated.

I really could care less that they have wrapped 100 cars as you say ec1c173. I run a business as well, and yes mistakes happen. However, when they do, we make sure the client is properly taken care of. We would NEVER engage in unethical behavior such as taking a client's car without their explicit permission. That's not a simple 'mistake' it's flat out unethical to do that and then not inform the client that a ticket was issued. It's SHADY, it's not a simple mistake. Give me a break.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #19
EINSER M
Major General
EINSER M's Avatar
United_States
92
Rep
5,368
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064 N, 117.5922 W, 300m altitude

iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post
What EISNER M said.

I agree with EISNER M. There is NO reason why they should not have informed the customer they needed to drive the car somewhere. Another poster in a different thread mentioned 3M is no where near where the car was driven. The photos showed the work was poor quality as well. The material should have wrapped inside the fenders. I paid significantly less for my wrap which was the entire hood, front fenders, rocker panels, headlights etc and I had no issues whatsoever. No driving was required, nor indicated.

I really could care less that they have wrapped 100 cars as you say ec1c173. I run a business as well, and yes mistakes happen. However, when they do, we make sure the client is properly taken care of. We would NEVER engage in unethical behavior such as taking a client's car without their explicit permission. That's not a simple 'mistake' it's flat out unethical to do that and then not inform the client that a ticket was issued. It's SHADY, it's not a simple mistake. Give me a break.
+10000
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #20
J Lau
Captain
J Lau's Avatar
Hong Kong
23
Rep
850
Posts

 
Drives: E46
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: HKG/IU/SoCal

iTrader: (1)

I am Impressed by their shadiness.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #21
M135
Professional Rookie
M135's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
527
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i and 2004 4Runner
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Earth

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [3.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1c173 View Post
There's definitely a different story behind this. Every shop makes mistakes, who doesnt. I don't think it's fair to post up all over the forums without hearing back from the shop. I went there after work as well to find out what's going on. It's definitely a misunderstand. Please guys, please don't be an Douche and listen to each side story.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...mpressive-wrap
That thread is gone.

I hate jumping in on a pissing contest but I feel like you are defending them heavily for a reason. How much did you pay for your wrap from them? You jocked them in a bunch of threads and they all read like a marketing campaign so I am wondering...
__________________
2011 FBO & meth 135i
7/20/2012 Dyno FBO no meth: 369 whp | 432 wtq Dynojet
BMS | ER | KW | DPE | iCarbon | OEM
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST