BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-16-2012, 02:44 AM   #23
MrBlonde
Welcome! To the House of Batiatus!
 
MrBlonde's Avatar
 
Drives: 368 M Coupe, E82 135i, E70 X5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney

Posts: 2,660
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to MrBlonde
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
100% bang on
That's it exactly. Advan and Vishnu partnership has served many of us well.

Will be interesting when the single turbo cars start prowling the streets.
__________________
.-=[ Kenny ]=-. 1999 BMW M Coupe 10.775 @ 134.35 mph w/1.600 60' (Best 136.07 mph) 25th August 2004. +2010 X5 35D+

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
MrBlonde is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2012, 02:47 AM   #24
MrBlonde
Welcome! To the House of Batiatus!
 
MrBlonde's Avatar
 
Drives: 368 M Coupe, E82 135i, E70 X5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney

Posts: 2,660
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to MrBlonde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
Oh well, I will get my nugget back up and running eventually.

As long as it does not end up in the basement next to Kenny's old girl.
Patience grasshopper!
__________________
.-=[ Kenny ]=-. 1999 BMW M Coupe 10.775 @ 134.35 mph w/1.600 60' (Best 136.07 mph) 25th August 2004. +2010 X5 35D+

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
MrBlonde is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #25
YM3?
Registered
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Expectations exceeded!

Thanks Peter for the extra KWs! A nice smooth power curve which I definately notice on the road. Well worth the trip out to WA to collect this one. Can't wait to get it on the track as the suspension has been completely modded as well!

Brakes are pretty good with upgraded slotted rotors though it is probably the weak point. I guess the track will show what it really can do...

Question: I know it depends on how I drive it, though what kind of longevity (if I can use that word) can I expect to get out the engine. It currently has 42k on the clock.
YM3? is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #26
MrBlonde
Welcome! To the House of Batiatus!
 
MrBlonde's Avatar
 
Drives: 368 M Coupe, E82 135i, E70 X5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney

Posts: 2,660
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to MrBlonde
Quote:
Originally Posted by YM3? View Post
Thanks Peter for the extra KWs! A nice smooth power curve which I definately notice on the road. Well worth the trip out to WA to collect this one. Can't wait to get it on the track as the suspension has been completely modded as well!

Brakes are pretty good with upgraded slotted rotors though it is probably the weak point. I guess the track will show what it really can do...

Question: I know it depends on how I drive it, though what kind of longevity (if I can use that word) can I expect to get out the engine. It currently has 42k on the clock.
The engine will outlast the turbos.
__________________
.-=[ Kenny ]=-. 1999 BMW M Coupe 10.775 @ 134.35 mph w/1.600 60' (Best 136.07 mph) 25th August 2004. +2010 X5 35D+

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
MrBlonde is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #27
pavo335
Banned
 
pavo335's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 2,981
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YM3? View Post
Thanks Peter for the extra KWs! A nice smooth power curve which I definately notice on the road. Well worth the trip out to WA to collect this one. Can't wait to get it on the track as the suspension has been completely modded as well!

Brakes are pretty good with upgraded slotted rotors though it is probably the weak point. I guess the track will show what it really can do...

Question: I know it depends on how I drive it, though what kind of longevity (if I can use that word) can I expect to get out the engine. It currently has 42k on the clock.
hpfp's last exactly 43097 klms so better order one today
pavo335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #28
YM3?
Registered
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
hpfp's last exactly 43097 klms so better order one today
Yes I heard that they weren't exactly reliable. Any knowledge of good after market pumps which would last longer than the stock one?
YM3? is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #29
pavo335
Banned
 
pavo335's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 2,981
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YM3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
hpfp's last exactly 43097 klms so better order one today
Yes I heard that they weren't exactly reliable. Any knowledge of good after market pumps which would last longer than the stock one?
No, there has been talk but afaik there is no upgrade
pavo335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #30
100thirtyfiveinjection
Private
 
100thirtyfiveinjection's Avatar
 
Drives: Jeep Wrangler
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Oz

Posts: 65
iTrader: (0)

Nice power!
100thirtyfiveinjection is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2013, 01:59 AM   #31
YM3?
Registered
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Broken CV joint

Guys, do you know any after market CV joints which I can use on the 335 which are stronger than stock? Mine broke last week and I want to source some stronger ones as I don't want this to happen again. I think the 355rwkw's doesn't help the cause!

Cheers,

Chris.
YM3? is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #32
drjekl
Captain
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oz

Posts: 786
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YM3? View Post
Guys, do you know any after market CV joints which I can use on the 335 which are stronger than stock? Mine broke last week and I want to source some stronger ones as I don't want this to happen again. I think the 355rwkw's doesn't help the cause!

Cheers,

Chris.
There are a few co's in the usa who offer upgraded shafts and joints, but generally you have to send in your originals to have this done.

Perhaps you can source some used in the usa and have them sent to the shop for machining and upgrades?

Out of curiosity are you running an lsd? I have a wavetrac lsd for sale that would definitely help minimise wheel hop which is a contributing factor for what kills the diff and half shafts etc

Have a squiz at these:

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/import...ternal-upgrade

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426061

Cheers

Shane
drjekl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #33
flinchy
Colonel
 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

Posts: 2,838
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
There are a few co's in the usa who offer upgraded shafts and joints, but generally you have to send in your originals to have this done.

Perhaps you can source some used in the usa and have them sent to the shop for machining and upgrades?

Out of curiosity are you running an lsd? I have a wavetrac lsd for sale that would definitely help minimise wheel hop which is a contributing factor for what kills the diff and half shafts etc

Have a squiz at these:

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/import...ternal-upgrade

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426061

Cheers

Shane
those DSS ones + an LSD and the defiv lockdown kit + M3 rear subframe bushings would be everything possible available on the market right now that would minimse hop/snapped axles. the DSS shafts are built for some sorta ridiculous WHP/torque levels.
flinchy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST