BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #111
bimmer ///man
Lieutenant
16
Rep
506
Posts

 
Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 805

iTrader: (0)

Which one is not like the other (valve covers)?

I will say it again, I love the 1M, not for it's M badge but for its performance and what it offers. All of you with your head up your you know what because it has an M badge are ridiculous.

You'd think that if it was "purpose built' at M, that they would know how to put the valve cover badge on the right way, since they have been doing it that way since the beginning.

s14


s38


s52


s50b32


N54

Last edited by bimmer ///man; 12-04-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #112
dean_g
First Lieutenant
dean_g's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
320
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Elizabeth, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to dean_g
havent read most of this .. skimmed through a few posts. you guys with the 135's need to stop be happy with the car you have and give up on this battle because at the end of the day you still have a 135 (which is an amazing car but not quite a 1M.)

Point #1 -- the 1M is a prestigious car solely on the fact that there is a limited number.

Point #2 -- are you guys really going to argue and say that a 135 is faster with after market parts and a tune. -- come on now. i can go out buy a honda civic for 5 grand put in 40k worth of work and have a car that can take on your the 135 and 1M all day on the track in a straight line.

Point #3 -- You guys could also start up the argument that an e9x m3 isn't worth it ! ... you know i could just go buy myself a used 335 change suspension, get lsd, tune it, change the tires and then I can beat an m3 also. but at the end of the day it will still be a 335 or a 135 or a honda civic (not saying any of those are bad cars! but just saying they aren't M worthy)

Done with my little rant.

Oh and for the record.

I have owned an e92 m3 -- an n54 135i and -- now awaiting the 1M.

On a side note. when i had both the m3 and the 135 -- i said plenty of times .. man if only i could combine these two cars it would be the ideal car. ... GUESS BMW HEARD ME

Best,
Chris
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #113
Ian///M
Major General
Ian///M's Avatar
No_Country
81
Rep
6,247
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer ///man View Post
Yea, real bitter...you nailed it. Resorting to personal retorts already? Lol

If the M is SO purpose built, why would they install a plastic charge pipe that pops off...REAL purpose built. When was the last time you ever heard of an M car popping parts off the engine?

Lol, solid argument. "I saw a 135 that looked modded but have no idea what mods it had and the 1M beat it. Therefore, all modded 135s must be slower than 1Ms due to my experience."

How thick headed are you? What do you think the 1M's tune is? It is a flash/upload/coding. BMW took the stock n54 tune, modified it and then flashed the 1M's ecu after testing and new parameters. The same thing that GIAC can do. Piggybacks can deliver linear power, where they usually fall is on off throttle response situations as well as stop and go.

You are speaking out of the wrong end. If you don't know, don't spread BS.




BUT, BUT, BUT it's a 1M!



Doesn't matter, the 1M should always win. It was hand crafted and forged exclusively at M.
did that take you a while to think up?..Not even worth responding to such ignorance and you are mistaken on so many points...do some research instead of taking pretty pics of engine covers... IMO the 1M is superior
__________________
BMW 1M VO - Cobb + PTF e-Tune, Akrapovic wireless, MadDad mids, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP, TurboSmart PB DV's, SSK, CDV, OCC, AWRON Gauge, Hankook RS-3's, Vorshlag Camber plates
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #114
bimmer ///man
Lieutenant
16
Rep
506
Posts

 
Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 805

iTrader: (0)

Now the 135 is a civic? LOL, you're right.

Point #4 -- The M3 guys can say the same thing what M did to the 1M. Sure you can start with a 135, add a tune, better brakes, etc but at the end of the day it's still just a 1 series.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #115
dean_g
First Lieutenant
dean_g's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
320
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Elizabeth, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to dean_g
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer ///man View Post
Now the 135 is a civic? LOL, you're right.

Point #4 -- The M3 guys can say the same thing what M did to the 1M. Sure you can start with a 135, add a tune, better brakes, etc but at the end of the day it's still just a 1 series.
Never said the 135 is a civic .. my point is you can mod just about any car to beat any other GRANTED you have the funds.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #116
bimmer ///man
Lieutenant
16
Rep
506
Posts

 
Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 805

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf2002 View Post
did that take you a while to think up?..Not even worth responding to such ignorance and you are mistaken on so many points...do some research instead of taking pretty pics of engine covers... IMO the 1M is superior
Yes, because the time frame in which I respond determines the validity of my response. I don't live on the forums like some people (cough, cough). Impressive though, you managed to respond with 30 minutes of my post.

Not worth responding because you have no response? You are displaying all the classic signatures of someone that has lost an argument but won't concede.

Prove me wrong since I am so mistaken...unless you can't.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #117
dean_g
First Lieutenant
dean_g's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
320
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Elizabeth, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to dean_g
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer ///man View Post
Point #4 -- The M3 guys can say the same thing what M did to the 1M. Sure you can start with a 135, add a tune, better brakes, etc but at the end of the day it's still just a 1 series.
HOW can you say at the end of the day it is still a 1 series? this wasn't something done up by just another car enthusiast out there it was done by BMW themselves. They put this car together and called it a 1M not you nor I.

Just look at the car aesthetically does it look like a normal 1 series?
Just in that aspect something was done to differentiate and make it an M-car.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #118
Ian///M
Major General
Ian///M's Avatar
No_Country
81
Rep
6,247
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer ///man View Post
Yes, because the time frame in which I respond determines the validity of my response. I don't live on the forums like some people (cough, cough). Impressive though, you managed to respond with 30 minutes of my post.

Not worth responding because you have no response? You are displaying all the classic signatures of someone that has lost an argument but won't concede.

Prove me wrong since I am so mistaken...unless you can't.
No, it just simply isn't worth the effort in trying to educate you.. and there is no argument . Your posts just display red-neck ignorance of someone thinking a modded 135i is the same as a 1M...or 'it's still just a 1 series'
__________________
BMW 1M VO - Cobb + PTF e-Tune, Akrapovic wireless, MadDad mids, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP, TurboSmart PB DV's, SSK, CDV, OCC, AWRON Gauge, Hankook RS-3's, Vorshlag Camber plates
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #119
Dee Pee
Lieutenant
Dee Pee's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
552
Posts

 
Drives: '02 M Roadster, '11 AW 1M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

This reminds me of the pissing contest from the Roadfly forums several years ago when a few of the 3.0L Z3 drivers were bashing the S54 M Roadster guys (like me). FWIW my thoughts on the matter were that I only buy M cars because BMW purposely builds them to be special. When people mention the flaws in the 1M (like the HPFP and charge pipe issues), I remind them that the S52 and S54 M Roadsters were not without flaws either (engines blowing up, rear differential weld points tearing from the torque, the semi trailing arm rear suspension, etc).

I can't fault anyone for doing tasteful mods to their car, nor can I fault those lucky few of us that own M cars for holding our heads a little higher when describing our ride. What bugs me is when magazines bait people into the same old "it's not an M" debate with comparos like these. The same thing happens with Audi S and RS, AMG, and every other marque that builds a specialty line. It's a divisive, sycophantic, and ultimately pointless tactic designed to sell magazines to the widest demographic (1 series and 1M owners combined).
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #120
MrRoboto
Colonel
Canada
53
Rep
2,714
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

This is worse then the M3 vs 1M threads. You guys need to enjoy the cars you have and move on.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #121
duvinclunk
Second Lieutenant
duvinclunk's Avatar
2
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: On the search.
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SLC, UT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_g View Post
Point #1 -- the 1M is a prestigious car solely on the fact that there is a limited number.
prestigious |preˈstijəs; -ˈstē-|
adjective
inspiring respect and admiration; having high status

There's nothing about you going to a dealer and forking over a wad of cash that inspires or demands respect or admiration from me. There's nothing like a $50k car that screams high status as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
This is worse then the M3 vs 1M threads. You guys need to enjoy the cars you have and move on.
Serious. The 1M is fantastic. The 135i has proven to be quite a car too. Too bad 1M owners can't get off their high horses and the 135i crowd admit their envies of some additions that the 1M has.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #122
szcyxzh
Lieutenant
6
Rep
398
Posts

 
Drives: 128I
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
So tires made up for 35horsepower, 69overboosted torque, LSD, etc? 1.3 seconds is huge in the racing world. At SoCal tracks here 1-2 seconds determines times between an M3 and and M3 that has spent 20k in upgrades.


I stand by my original statement that even with a tune, the modded 135i would be faster on a track due to superior aftermarket parts compared to stock 1M parts.
not want to thread jack, but do you have both F and R control arms or just F? Thanks Yang
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #123
rogbmw
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
271
Posts

 
Drives: Alpina B12 5.0
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
This is worse then the M3 vs 1M threads. You guys need to enjoy the cars you have and move on.
I agree 100%!

I have owned several BMW's over my 40 years of driving (OK - I'm 56), including:
2002 (several)
2002tii (several)
3.0 Cs (several)
3.0 CSl (yes the REAL CSL)
e36 M3 (several)
e39 5 series
6 series 635 5 speeds
-- and others, including
Porsche 928s
Lotus Esprit
Lotux Excel (euro model)
and others

I have enjoyed every car, and have NEVER got into the pissing contests ...such as "my dog's (car's) better than your dog (car) cause he eats Kennel Ration" stuff. (sorry, this is an old commercial for all you young folks)

You will always find faster cars, slower cars, later cars, earlier cars, etc. So lets just enjoy our cars. My 1M is my daily driver, and I enjoy it. I would encourage us all to do the same.

Always remember, when you point your index finger at some else, and take a close look at your hand, your pinky, ring finger, and flippin finger are usually pointed back at yourself!

Last edited by rogbmw; 12-05-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #124
HP Autosport
Lieutenant General
United_States
418
Rep
11,440
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbmw View Post
I agree 100%!

I have owned several BMW's over my 40 years of driving (OK - I'm 56), including:
2002 (several)
2002tii (several)
3.0 Cs (several)
3.0 CSl (yes the REAL CSL)
e36 M3 (several)
e39 5 series
6 series 635 5 speeds
-- and others, including
Porsche 928s
Lotus Esprit
Lotux Excel (euro model)
and others

I have enjoyed every car, and have NEVER got into the pissing contests ...such as "my dog's (car's) better than your dog (car) cause he eats Kennel Ration" stuff. (sorry, this is an old commercial for all you young folks)

You will always find faster cars, slower cars, later cars, earlier cars, etc. So lets just enjoy our cars. My 1M is my daily driver, and I enjoy it. I would encourage us all to do the same.

Always remember, when you point your index finger at some else, and take a close look at your hand, your pinky, ring finger, and flippin finger are usually pointed back at yourself!
I agree as well.

Just enjoy these great cars!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #125
Slats
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
164
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 1M & 1997 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbmw View Post
So lets just enjoy our cars. My 1M is my daily driver, and I enjoy it. I would encourage us all to do the same.
Ditto from another older 1M owner. Having engaged in my share of pointless arguments over the years, one of the benefits of ebbing testosterone is the ability to not take myself (or others) too seriously.

It is just a car. One that ignites grins, granted, but just a car, nonetheless.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #126
HALOTHANE
First Lieutenant
HALOTHANE's Avatar
10
Rep
393
Posts

 
Drives: INTERLAGOS ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Anywhere fast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
My Bugatti Veyron is faster than your modded 135 and your 1M. It is also more prestigious. Give it a rest, folks!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #127
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
21
Rep
1,212
Posts

 
Drives: 1M BSM (297 of 740)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
I agree as well.

Just enjoy these great cars!
Interesting bump on your 1+ old infomercial article.
__________________

● 135i is gone, 1M BSM #297 ●
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #128
Jacko
Jacko 135
Germany
0
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: 2each 2012 335 Sport lines
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Matzenbach, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jacko
Its just a good read and give you an idea what can be done if you couldn't get a 1M. It all come down to if you were able to purchase a M1 and if not mod away its your car and no one cares if you lose money if you resale your 135. I just think its entertaining reading all the opinions of people and seeing who are really being all about what they currently own and saying how their car is better than one that has to be moded to be faster than what they have. I know I just go out and buy cars because of what I read of someone tells me that it will be a collectors item. You have to buy several collector cars to make anything from them or even break even. Enjoy the cars you have and pray that you will be able to purchase fuel to be able to drive them. By the time the car will be worth something you and I will be dead or to old to enjoy anything. I guess you can do it for your children and once they get your prized vehicle they might take it for a drive and oh $#it! a drunk driver hits them head on or they go out to their driveway and the car is gone and being chopped up and sold for parts by some illegal people living in your country living off the government and driving brand new vehicles that they pay cash for while living off your tax dollars. LOL! Sorry if I offend anyone but think about it. My wife thinks I like to stir things up and I just don't get her sometimes. Why did she marry this guy she talks about stirring things up. OH its Obama's fault! over and out...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST