BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
GTM_Challenge
 
GTM_Challenge's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,465
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
GTMotoring - Akrapovic Downpipes 1M/135

For the ultimate in weight reduction, tuning potential, and racing sound, Akrapovic offer stainless steel, catless downpipes. When used in conjunction with the Evolution System, this is virtually the same setup used on the 1M Moto GP Safety Car. The high-flow downpipes do require ECU reprogramming to eliminate the check engine light and for peak power output. They are only for the dedicated track day car or hardcore enthusiasts.

ECU tune or flash is required to use all downpipes. As they remove primary catalyst.

Please PM or email us for pricing and availability










Please PM / Email me any questions or give us a call at: 847-466-7463 M-F 10-6 central
austin@gtmotoring.com
Payments by Paypal, Visa or Mastercard

Last edited by GTM_Challenge; 09-25-2012 at 10:58 AM.
GTM_Challenge is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
T-Dubbs
Private First Class
 
Drives: '08 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary,AB/Palm Springs CA

Posts: 151
iTrader: (1)

can you plz pm pricing shipped to calgary,ab?
__________________
JB4/KW V2/Bmw Performance exhaust/Mr.5 Intake/VRSF Downpipes
T-Dubbs is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
GTM_Challenge
 
GTM_Challenge's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,465
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dubbs View Post
can you plz pm pricing shipped to calgary,ab?
PM'D
GTM_Challenge is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
T-Dubbs
Private First Class
 
Drives: '08 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary,AB/Palm Springs CA

Posts: 151
iTrader: (1)

are there any benefits to these over the ones that cost half the price?
ex. http://gtbperformance.gostorego.com/1-series/e82-e87-e88-2004-2012/exterior/ar-design-hi-flow-3-cattless-downpipes-135i-335i-n54.html
__________________
JB4/KW V2/Bmw Performance exhaust/Mr.5 Intake/VRSF Downpipes
T-Dubbs is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
GTM_Challenge
 
GTM_Challenge's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,465
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dubbs View Post
are there any benefits to these over the ones that cost half the price?[/url]
The build quality, design, and fitment are the main advantages of the Akrapovic down pipes. They are the benchmark
GTM_Challenge is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
T-Dubbs
Private First Class
 
Drives: '08 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary,AB/Palm Springs CA

Posts: 151
iTrader: (1)

everyone claims their product is the best...
id like to see an actual test of downpipes for fitment/desgin/dyno/price

thank you for the information !
__________________
JB4/KW V2/Bmw Performance exhaust/Mr.5 Intake/VRSF Downpipes
T-Dubbs is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
1911A145
Captain
 
1911A145's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL

Posts: 769
iTrader: (3)

They do make a wonderful product and their build quality does set the bar when it comes to materials, fit and finish, and welds. There are reall only two things that I had questions and they probably should be asked directly to them, but 1: Why use flex tubes in each downpipe when no one else does? long term benefit to prevent cracked exhaust and to offer flexibility in exhaust system? and 2: why not go with a flush, end to end/butt weld for a smoth transition? two section are puffed up/ flared up like any ol' blue bullet exhaust shop bender will do to make a slip fit and then weld it. Its just a cheaper way of fiting two pieces of exhaust pipes together before welding them. For the price these downpipes are, I would expect a better job on that. Either way, I know these are top quality, just wondered about those two things that no other company does. I have been very interested in the complete exhaust pacakge FWIW. Thanks.
1911A145 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
GTM_Challenge
 
GTM_Challenge's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,465
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
They do make a wonderful product and their build quality does set the bar when it comes to materials, fit and finish, and welds. There are reall only two things that I had questions and they probably should be asked directly to them, but 1: Why use flex tubes in each downpipe when no one else does? long term benefit to prevent cracked exhaust and to offer flexibility in exhaust system? and 2: why not go with a flush, end to end/butt weld for a smoth transition? two section are puffed up/ flared up like any ol' blue bullet exhaust shop bender will do to make a slip fit and then weld it. Its just a cheaper way of fiting two pieces of exhaust pipes together before welding them. For the price these downpipes are, I would expect a better job on that. Either way, I know these are top quality, just wondered about those two things that no other company does. I have been very interested in the complete exhaust pacakge FWIW. Thanks.
Generally companys use flex sections when they are trying reduce the amount of engine vibration transmitted to the exhuast. The ones Akrapovic flex sections are high strength ones at that. While the slip fit and weld joints are cheaper to do than a butt weld, they are also slightly stronger as well which is the main reason they do this im sure as the rest of their exhaust items rarely do this. Downpipes see ALOT of heat and engine movement so i think this is just Akrapovic's way of trying to make it as reliable as they can.
GTM_Challenge is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
1911A145
Captain
 
1911A145's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL

Posts: 769
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
Generally companys use flex sections when they are trying reduce the amount of engine vibration transmitted to the exhuast. The ones Akrapovic flex sections are high strength ones at that. While the slip fit and weld joints are cheaper to do than a butt weld, they are also slightly stronger as well which is the main reason they do this im sure as the rest of their exhaust items rarely do this. Downpipes see ALOT of heat and engine movement so i think this is just Akrapovic's way of trying to make it as reliable as they can.
You know, That does make sense with the slip fits. It also makes for a stonger weld between the two pieces as well. Could be their reason. IDK. Either way, I'm sure it has little restiction, if any, and also dosnt have the slag or roughness cheaper downpipes have when butt welding the pices together. Thanks for the fast response. I'll take it all in consideration when upgrading. Thanks.
1911A145 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #10
GTM_Challenge
 
GTM_Challenge's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,465
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
Please PM or Email with any questions or for pricing
GTM_Challenge is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST