BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

View Poll Results: Is your M steering wheel perfect?
Yes 27 71.05%
No 11 28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

09-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #23
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert View Post
I'm in talks with the dealer now, BMW aus will have a look at it. I've taken a few pics but unfortunately it really doesn't come show It really has to be touched to be noticed.

That Chris Harris video reminds me... what happened to our M3 seats and illuminated gear knob??? That said, I've grown quite fond of the stock ones

I think our interiors are much nicer than the M3's too, I had a sit in one yesterday and thought it was a bit... boringggggggggggggg

I'll admit that "Perfect" probably isn't the best description, perhaps I should've put "Up to your expectation quality-wise for the money you paid". As a driving wheel I think it's great, it feels purposeful and really feels like a car that takes skill to drive (I'm a bit delusional ). Sometimes I feel like I'm pulling at the seams when holding the car in the bends though. I suppose I just felt that after all the cars I've had the pleasure of driving, I've never had anything like this before and it's just a bit disappointing that it has on such a special car.
Agree. E9x interior is better quality, but VERY boring and clinical.

I had exterior problems on my 1M (deformed wheel and rear bumper), which had to be viewed in person by BMW AU claims assessor.... They are pretty reasonable... Make sure you are there when they assess your car.

The seats will smooth out over time.