BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-02-2012, 03:22 AM   #67
biglare
Bulldog

Drives: X6M | 1M | SOLD E90 M3 VT2-625

Nom Nom Nom!!!

Need confirmation that these will fit the KW V3's please!

1M ESS Stage 1+ Tune | IND Grills - Sides | Eisenmann Race | HRE P43S | KW V3 | SOLD-M3 ESS VT2-625 | IND/Challenge CF V-Weave Roof - LipSpoiler BootLid Diffuser - Mirrors - Brembo BBK Fiji-Green | HRE P44SC | MA Carbon CF MatteSilver Trim | Akra GT4 Mid-Pipe - Eisenmann Inconel | 3.62Diff | TopStitch Custom Interior | KW Clubsport | RD Sport Sways
biglare is offline   United_States
      10-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #68
HP Autosport
Lieutenant General

Drives: E82 1M
Location: Santa Barbara, AST, Brembo, Eibach, H&R, GIAC, Koni, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag,

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
Nom Nom Nom!!!

Need confirmation that these will fit the KW V3's please!

Yes, these will!
HP Autosport is offline   United_States
      10-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #69
bdaddylo
Major

Drives: 2011 E82 1M

Garage List
Group buy?????
      10-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #70
Blue55
First Lieutenant

Drives: 1M

I have the first (I think) production set of these. They are extremely well manufactured, make no noise and are FAR higher quality than the Ground Control units that failed on my car.
      10-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #71
HP Autosport
Lieutenant General

Location: Santa Barbara, AST, Brembo, Eibach, H&R, GIAC, Koni, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post
I have the first (I think) production set of these. They are extremely well manufactured, make no noise and are FAR higher quality than the Ground Control units that failed on my car.
Good to hear positive feedback on the Vorshlag plates!
      10-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #72
4thM3
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 AW 1M

Order placed. Looking forward to install next week and then three day HPDE at Thunderhill in CA. Anxious to feel the diff. Any recommendations on settings? Look through other threads but wanted to see if there were other thought here.
4thM3 is offline   United_States
      11-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #73
4thM3
Private First Class

Install new camber plates on This past Friday. So far love the added negative camber's improved turn in. Definitely no increased harshness or noise. This weekend is a 3 day HPDE at Thunderhill in CA. Anxious to feel the difference..

Only disapointment is that the pieces are so beautifully fabricated its a shame they are completely invisible after they're installed. LOL
      11-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #74
bdaddylo
Major

Drives: 2011 E82 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thM3 View Post
Install new camber plates on This past Friday. So far love the added negative camber's improved turn in. Definitely no increased harshness or noise. This weekend is a 3 day HPDE at Thunderhill in CA. Anxious to feel the difference..

Only disapointment is that the pieces are so beautifully fabricated its a shame they are completely invisible after they're installed. LOL
What tire and wheel setup will you be using?
      11-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #75
HP Autosport
Lieutenant General

Quote:

Some installed photos would be great to share here!
      11-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #76
4thM3
Private First Class

I will be running Toyo 888's on ARC-8's 9.5"x 18" w/ 265-35-18 front & 10.5" x 18" w/ 285-30-18 rear.

The stick with the stock camber was great so I'm anxious to see how much improvement with the new setup.
      11-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #77
M3 Adjuster
Brigadier General

Drives: 1988 M3 gone .. 1M HERE!!

Quote:
aint that the truth!
      11-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #78
modernbeat
Private

Drives: Caged

Quote:
Order placed. Looking forward to install next week and then three day HPDE at Thunderhill in CA. Anxious to feel the diff. Any recommendations on settings? Look through other threads but wanted to see if there were other thought here.
Sorry I've missed this, I've been at SEMA and then had my truck stolen at an elk hunt in New Mexico on the way home.

We've been setting the front at 2.5 degrees. You can go more, but with the soft stock springs we've found that the 2.5 is appropriate and gives good tire wear.
      11-13-2012, 02:35 AM   #79
4thM3
Private First Class

Track sessions at Thunderhill were great. Had several sessions between my students. Understeer gone. Outside edge wear evened out. Feel and turn in excellent.

Very very happy with the transformation even with stock springs felt very controlled.
      11-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #80
ozinaldo
Colonel

Quote:
Track sessions at Thunderhill were great. Had several sessions between my students. Understeer gone. Outside edge wear evened out. Feel and turn in excellent.

Very very happy with the transformation even with stock springs felt very controlled.
What other mods your car have?
2012 BMW 1M: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, P3Cars, OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
ozinaldo is offline   Chile
      11-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #81
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant

Quote:

What camber values are you running on 'street' mode and 'track' mode?
Mahlzeit is offline   United_States
      11-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #82
4thM3
Private First Class

ARC-8's w/Toyo 888 and Maddad mid pipe. That's it so far.
      11-16-2012, 01:14 AM   #83
schnite
Private

i want to buy!!!!!!!!!how can get it?
      11-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #84
ozinaldo
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnite View Post
i want to buy!!!!!!!!!how can get it?
For instance, check the web site of HP Autowerks. Their online shop should be listing it. If not, contact Harold from HP via this Forum.
2012 BMW 1M: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, P3Cars, OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
      11-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #85
ozinaldo
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
What camber values are you running on 'street' mode and 'track' mode?
Interested to hear this as well.
      11-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #86
Blue55
First Lieutenant

I run -3.0. For daily use probably -2.5 is as much as you'd want to go.
      11-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #87
robertm
Captain

Drives: BSM 1M

Depends on the track, tire choice, suspension settings, ambient conditions and driver. All these variables factor into the ideal setting. The proper way to do it is to take measurements using a pyrometer and pressure gauge. If you're going for maximum tire life and optimal adhesion for your entire driving stint, you really do need to take the measurements.

Short of that if the outside of the tire is not wearing more quickly than the rest of the tire then your camber is sufficient. If the inside is wearing quicker than the rest of the tire you have too much camber. A good baseline to start would be -3 deg. You are going to need a camber gauge to figure out where that measurement is unless the camber plates have some type of delineation scribed onto them.

For the street around -1.5 to -2 deg is usually about right. Street driving style plays a big part in that though. I believe factory is about -1.2 (right?) so if you drive like a pussy-cat on the street then you’ll end up wearing out the insides first with too much camber.

The short answer is there is no ‘right’ answer for camber setting for street or track. Every car and every driver is slightly different. Even with all constants the same (car,driver, susp, tires, track) the variables like track and ambient temp can require camber adjustments.

I’m probably getting way too detailed for the occasional DE style setup. For most buyers it will be a set it and forget it setting for track and street driving. Even doing this will GREATLY improve your tire life on track. The ability to get way more precise is there though and it’s a fun challenge to master for those so inclined
      11-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #88
Blue55
First Lieutenant

What he said! ^