BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
bfodle
New Member
 
Drives: '09 135i & '00 Subaru Outback
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Indianapolis Owners

Are there many Indy owners out there? I looked through 3 pages of topics, but didn't see anything for Indy or Indiana.

Thanks,

Brian
bfodle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Delta Goose
Private First Class
 
Drives: '09 AW 135i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 160
iTrader: (2)

I'm over at West Lafayette. Let me know if you're ever in the area.
Delta Goose is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
whostorm05
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Posts: 285
iTrader: (0)

Just moved back to Indiana from Washington State. Currently live in downtown Indianapolis. I haven't seen much on here either from Indiana folks.
whostorm05 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
bfodle
New Member
 
Drives: '09 135i & '00 Subaru Outback
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

I'm very near downtown Indy. At Fall Creek and Meridian, but work downtown. It'd be nice to meet up sometime.
bfodle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
batch57
Registered
 
Drives: 09' 135i SG/CR
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

I live on the north side, let me know if you guys want to get out and drive.
batch57 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
kmcgary
New Member
 
Drives: 1992 325ic
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carmel, IN

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Hey Guys - In Carmel and I am interested in a 1 series (135i), but don't know too much about them. Any info would be great! Thanks!

- Kyle
kmcgary is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
jbhight
Registered
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

New 135i to Indy

I just got a Black 2008 135i this weekend, and I'm in downtown Indy as well. It'd be great to get together and check out each others cars and go for a drive sometime just let me know!
jbhight is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #8
whostorm05
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Posts: 285
iTrader: (0)

I'm game. I live/work downtown as well.

Kyle - what information are you looking for? What year/model are you more interested in?
whostorm05 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #9
jbhight
Registered
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

I want to get some good shots of my new car, anyone know where I can get some good pics?
jbhight is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #10
whostorm05
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Posts: 285
iTrader: (0)

I have a decent camera but no idea how to properly use it.
whostorm05 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
kmcgary
New Member
 
Drives: 1992 325ic
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carmel, IN

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

That's sort of my problem... I think I want a 135i but have only driven one once. Do I wan a 128i? No idea... I have nothing to compare it (135i) to. I know, here on the forums, it will be like showing a cross to a vampire but, I do want a steptronic or a DCT transmission. I know i want a sport package, Harmon Audio, heated seats, and Piano or Aluminum trim. NO WOOD! I am not real crazy for the iDrive/Navigation system either. N54 or N55? Not sure either. I am thinking Black, Dark Blue, or a Gray for the exterior and Black or Terracotta for the interior. I am a CCA member so it would be great to get some of the 1 series crowd together at our meetings and socials. Do the 1 series Indy people ever get together? That might be the best way for me to see and compare... Thanks for responding!

Last edited by kmcgary; 09-30-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: forgot some info
kmcgary is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #12
iNAN3 SOLDi3R
Second Lieutenant
 
iNAN3 SOLDi3R's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i LMB DCT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Posts: 200
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcgary View Post
That's sort of my problem... I think I want a 135i but have only driven one once. Do I wan a 128i? No idea... I have nothing to compare it (135i) to. I know, here on the forums, it will be like showing a cross to a vampire but, I do want a steptronic or a DCT transmission. I know i want a sport package, Harmon Audio, heated seats, and Piano or Aluminum trim. NO WOOD! I am not real crazy for the iDrive/Navigation system either. N54 or N55? Not sure either. I am thinking Black, Dark Blue, or a Gray for the exterior and Black or Terracotta for the interior. I am a CCA member so it would be great to get some of the 1 series crowd together at our meetings and socials. Do the 1 series Indy people ever get together? That might be the best way for me to see and compare... Thanks for responding!

I've got a 2011 135i, MSport, with DCT. Love it. I can't blame you for wanting the step or DCT, but go with the DCT, you won't look back on the choice. The Harmon system is outstanding and it provides great tunes for years to come! I like having the Navi/iDrive but it isn't a must. Also, Lemans Blue, best option for color unless you go with Grey IMO. Just my $.02

I'm not in Indy, family lives south in Mooresville/Martinsville area. I'm still stationed here in Germany but will ship my car back at the end of this month. So you may see it driving around once in a blue moon to keep the cobwebs off of it.
iNAN3 SOLDi3R is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #13
kmcgary
New Member
 
Drives: 1992 325ic
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carmel, IN

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

iNAN3 SOLDi3R - The 135i that I drove had the Steptronic trans and i thought it was great...so i can only imagine the DCT. Did you take european delivery on the car? I think that would be awesome but, I am looking for PO or CPO.
kmcgary is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #14
iNAN3 SOLDi3R
Second Lieutenant
 
iNAN3 SOLDi3R's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i LMB DCT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Posts: 200
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcgary View Post
iNAN3 SOLDi3R - The 135i that I drove had the Steptronic trans and i thought it was great...so i can only imagine the DCT. Did you take european delivery on the car? I think that would be awesome but, I am looking for PO or CPO.

The DCT is freaking outstanding. I've drive a 335i with step and it felt slushy compared to this thing. Opt for the DCT.

I purchased the car from a forum member who happens to be local to me. He didn't need two 1series... let alone the wimpy 135 when he replaced it with a 1M... So it worked out great for both of us!
iNAN3 SOLDi3R is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #15
kmcgary
New Member
 
Drives: 1992 325ic
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carmel, IN

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Very cool! it's my understandting...I could be wrong... that you can take your 135i to the dealer so they can "upgrade" your software and it puts your engine very near the output of a 1M. Wrong?
kmcgary is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #16
batch57
Registered
 
Drives: 09' 135i SG/CR
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcgary View Post
Hey Guys - In Carmel and I am interested in a 1 series (135i), but don't know too much about them. Any info would be great! Thanks!

- Kyle
I've had my 09' 135 for close to two months and it's fantastic. I have the 6sp M-package and would recommend you try it before you settle on DCT or step. The feel is amazing, and having all the control makes you feel one with the car. I also recommend grey with coral red interior, it is very sharp. DM me if you want to check it out sometime.

P.S. the roundabouts in Carmel are wicked fun with DTC completely off.
batch57 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #17
kmcgary
New Member
 
Drives: 1992 325ic
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carmel, IN

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by batch57 View Post
I've had my 09' 135 for close to two months and it's fantastic. I have the 6sp M-package and would recommend you try it before you settle on DCT or step. The feel is amazing, and having all the control makes you feel one with the car. I also recommend grey with coral red interior, it is very sharp. DM me if you want to check it out sometime.

P.S. the roundabouts in Carmel are wicked fun with DTC completely off.
batch57 - Thanks for the input! I really think I would like a 135i. I drove a 135i at DnR North and it was great. This was also the first car I had driven with run flats... Kinda felt like a log truck. Has anyone switched out for regular tires? Again, I've said this before, I would like to get some 1 series people to our Hoosier BMW CCA meetings and socials. That way I can see some live models (128i & 135i), and discuss their differences.

- Kyle
kmcgary is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #18
batch57
Registered
 
Drives: 09' 135i SG/CR
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Kyle - I intend to make it to the Hoosier CCA social next week the 17th at Brockway. Hope to see you there. For the record, Both sets of wheels I have do not have runflats mounted. Everyone I talked to has switched out and never gone back to them. The 1series has no room for a spare and this is how BMW has got around not including one.
batch57 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #19
kmcgary
New Member
 
Drives: 1992 325ic
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carmel, IN

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Awesome See you there!
kmcgary is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #20
Todd135i
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Indiana

Posts: 128
iTrader: (3)

Hey guys. Up until last week I was one of the local 135i guys. I've decided to put my car up for sale. It's on auto trader and other BMW sites.
All the parts and wheels are also up for sale and can be found here.
Great deals and I can deliver so you see what you're getting

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=783753

Thanks
Todd135i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #21
IN540i
New Member
 
Drives: 540i looking for 135i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

I will be an Indianapolis owner. That is as soon as I pull the trigger on a 135. Thought I would go ahead and say hello, adding +1 to the population here.

and also get my 3rd post so I cam PM in the classifieds...
IN540i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #22
whostorm05
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Posts: 285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN540i View Post
I will be an Indianapolis owner. That is as soon as I pull the trigger on a 135. Thought I would go ahead and say hello, adding +1 to the population here.

and also get my 3rd post so I cam PM in the classifieds...
What are you in the market for? I'm considering selling my 2012 135i so I can buy a house.
whostorm05 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST