BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #23
sbce90
Me Boosta
sbce90's Avatar
Australia
81
Rep
5,563
Posts

 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (3)

I already said Hi to you on est forum.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #24
smilebrian
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Black 130i here from BrisVegas.

Ditch the runflats obviously, CDV delete will ensure the car drives like a manual should. Big weak link of these cars is the suspension. I haven't modded mine yet but is next on the list (I've added the Quaife LSD which has been worthwhile especially for the track) before I do brakes and possible tune (only expecting a modest increase with a tune) and/or lighter wheels. Check out the Birds B1 suspension review that BMW Magazine did, there's some interesting insights into modern BMW chassis tuning. When I'm pushing on across poor road surfaces the rear end skips across and never settles.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #25
xcharles1
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmli5
Welcome mate! Especially you are from Melbourne.

BMWP exhaust is quite bang for buck if you want a bit of extra noise.
Like the others have said, handling mods will be most rewarding. And that is exactly what I have done. Get coilovers and LSD if like fun and go to track.

As for maintenance, depending on how many Ks the car has done, it is just mainly engine oil & filter, brakes and plugs. On top of that, you may want to do gearbox and diff oil. It is very easy to do it yourself on the 130i.

cheers
Ken
Hi there, kmli5.

I will definitely hit you up tips for servicing.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #26
xcharles1
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilebrian
Black 130i here from BrisVegas.

Ditch the runflats obviously, CDV delete will ensure the car drives like a manual should. Big weak link of these cars is the suspension. I haven't modded mine yet but is next on the list (I've added the Quaife LSD which has been worthwhile especially for the track) before I do brakes and possible tune (only expecting a modest increase with a tune) and/or lighter wheels. Check out the Birds B1 suspension review that BMW Magazine did, there's some interesting insights into modern BMW chassis tuning. When I'm pushing on across poor road surfaces the rear end skips across and never settles.
smilebrian, CDV delete. I never thought of that. Have you done the same?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
kmli5
Private First Class
kmli5's Avatar
Australia
1
Rep
120
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 130i & Ducati Monster 696
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Done CDV, day and night difference. Well worth doing.
__________________
05 BMW 130i M Sport | 6MT | BMWP Exhaust | SSK | BMWP BBK | 18" Matte Black GT-CX | Black Grilles | Bilstein B14 | CDV | Quaife LSD | H&R Sway Bars | Michelin PSS
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #28
Mechz
Naturally Aspirated Fiend
1
Rep
153
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

I spotted a dark grey/graphite one in the 8 hour car park behind Hawthorn town hall this morning. Is that anyone here?
__________________
'06 130i M Sport Hatch
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #29
GJA003
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
218
Posts

 
Drives: BMW e87 120i M sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmli5 View Post
Done CDV, day and night difference. Well worth doing.
Was it a pretty easy straight forward job ? Thinking i might add CDV and Clutch stop to my list when i service my car soon.
__________________
'06 6s MT E87 BMW 120i M-Sport Sparkling graphite metallic'

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #30
kmli5
Private First Class
kmli5's Avatar
Australia
1
Rep
120
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 130i & Ducati Monster 696
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJA003 View Post
Was it a pretty easy straight forward job ? Thinking i might add CDV and Clutch stop to my list when i service my car soon.
I got SBM to do the CDV. Just $100 supplied and fitted.
Clutch stop is piss easy, pop the old one out and in with the new.

My apologies with the 130i not being legal for P-plater. It just when I got my Ps, this was before the 4 years red & green Ps came along, the only restriction was the 126kw power-to-weight ratio. And the 130i is 141kw/T, so I thought it is illegal.
__________________
05 BMW 130i M Sport | 6MT | BMWP Exhaust | SSK | BMWP BBK | 18" Matte Black GT-CX | Black Grilles | Bilstein B14 | CDV | Quaife LSD | H&R Sway Bars | Michelin PSS
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #31
GJA003
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
218
Posts

 
Drives: BMW e87 120i M sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmli5 View Post
I got SBM to do the CDV. Just $100 supplied and fitted.
Clutch stop is piss easy, pop the old one out and in with the new.

My apologies with the 130i not being legal for P-plater. It just when I got my Ps, this was before the 4 years red & green Ps came along, the only restriction was the 126kw power-to-weight ratio. And the 130i is 141kw/T, so I thought it is illegal.
Hmmm not bad at all where did you get your clutch stop from. Hahaha no worries vicroads are stupid with the P plate laws not aloud a VW GTi or mini cooper S yet can get a R32 or 130i that's way quicker. Think an E87 meet is needed soon.
__________________
'06 6s MT E87 BMW 120i M-Sport Sparkling graphite metallic'

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #32
kmli5
Private First Class
kmli5's Avatar
Australia
1
Rep
120
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 130i & Ducati Monster 696
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

I got mine from ebay. Others have got it from BMS.
__________________
05 BMW 130i M Sport | 6MT | BMWP Exhaust | SSK | BMWP BBK | 18" Matte Black GT-CX | Black Grilles | Bilstein B14 | CDV | Quaife LSD | H&R Sway Bars | Michelin PSS
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 03:57 AM   #33
GSK130i
Enlisted Member
GSK130i's Avatar
Australia
0
Rep
49
Posts

 
Drives: E87 130i M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcharles1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internev View Post
In a wholly original move, I'll put my hand up as having a BSM 130i in Melbourne too.

If it was 4 months ago, you might have purchased the 130i I was thinking about getting at BMW Melbourne - sun roof and cream interior? I ended up getting one a couple of months later in Sydney and driving it down which was a nice little getting to know you.

I'm not sure I've actually seen another black one, despite how many posts there are here. I do regularly see a silver one zipping up and down Hoddle st in the mornings though.
Internev, that's the one I bought! :-) Small world.

It wasn't perfect, but did have potential. A little pressing and they agreed to get the dents in the rear bumper fixed, the scratches under the front bumper fixed, bluetooth fixed, gear knob and driver chair re-furbed, and I had a few claims under the statutory warranty (got the front rotors done for free that way).

I see a blue one semi-regularly, one with the BMWP shifter. I see it around South/Port Melbourne/South wharf.

Questions for all of us:

Anyone have any experience in changing the rear windscreen wiper squirter (from single to dual outlet - if that makes sense)?

Usually from cold, intermittently I get a bit of a clunky feel [not crunchy] when moving up into second gear, and sometimes third. Yes, I do have the clutch in all the way. It only happens occasionally, maybe one in every 15 rides. Every other shift up or down feels smooth and properly notchy. I thought it was a synchro at first, because it would seem to be OK, so long as I let the revs die off before shifting up. But, it's not always the case. I've contacted BMW Melbourne twice about it now and each time they didn't really care too much about it. Perhaps it was because I was insistant I get a new gear box (me exaggerating). I am not really too worried about it - I will visit a specialist BM Autowerks Oakleigh, and get another opinion. If they suggest that it's an issue, I'll claim under the extended warranty I have. My friend who also owns a 130i, drove mine and said he didn't feel anything wrong. What're your experiences?
Hi mate the blue one in port Melbourne is me :-). How do you I have a performance shifter, been sneaking a peek hey? :-) next time you see me say hi. I love my one thirt had it for 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 04:05 AM   #34
GSK130i
Enlisted Member
GSK130i's Avatar
Australia
0
Rep
49
Posts

 
Drives: E87 130i M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I had the same thing with my gear box. Had the gear box changed under warranty, but have also dive the cdv well worth it. Bloody BMW Melbourne, not a fan. Southern BMW are the way to go for servicing etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #35
robbieredknapped
Private First Class
robbieredknapped's Avatar
2
Rep
122
Posts

 
Drives: 130i M Sport, 6sp
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Since we r on the topic on 130i's anyone has idea when you should change your fuel filter? my car done 65K, it is time to change the fuel filter soon??
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #36
robbieredknapped
Private First Class
robbieredknapped's Avatar
2
Rep
122
Posts

 
Drives: 130i M Sport, 6sp
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieredknapped View Post
Since we r on the topic on 130i's anyone has idea when you should change your fuel filter? my car done 65K, it is time to change the fuel filter soon??
I had a look at BMminiparts, its doesnt look like the petrol cars has a fuel filter, but i did see that the diesel cars has a fuel strainer, but the petrol cars don't.

Anyone can shed some light in this
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #37
flinchy
Colonel
39
Rep
2,865
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJA003 View Post
Was it a pretty easy straight forward job ? Thinking i might add CDV and Clutch stop to my list when i service my car soon.
yeah, youjust remove the CDV and plug the clutch line straight in!.. you don't NEED a hollowed one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmli5 View Post
I got SBM to do the CDV. Just $100 supplied and fitted.
Clutch stop is piss easy, pop the old one out and in with the new.

My apologies with the 130i not being legal for P-plater. It just when I got my Ps, this was before the 4 years red & green Ps came along, the only restriction was the 126kw power-to-weight ratio. And the 130i is 141kw/T, so I thought it is illegal.
$100? LOL. it's free, just take it out.. my mechanic didn't charge me anything as it wasn't even 5 minutes of labour while they were swapping the oil.. pulled out the line, pulled out the CDV, inserted the line.

the 130i in QLD i think IS p-plate legal, but isn't if you take into account the 125kw/tonne.. but yeah, it's specifically listed as legal, scary hey?

clutch stop is also a waste imo, just learn not to push too far :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmli5 View Post
I got mine from ebay. Others have got it from BMS.
FREE!


Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieredknapped View Post
I had a look at BMminiparts, its doesnt look like the petrol cars has a fuel filter, but i did see that the diesel cars has a fuel strainer, but the petrol cars don't.

Anyone can shed some light in this
it's integrated with the fuel pump, a little sock thing... so yeah, it's an in-tank filter..

ED: same as a 135i, btw.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #38
robbieredknapped
Private First Class
robbieredknapped's Avatar
2
Rep
122
Posts

 
Drives: 130i M Sport, 6sp
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

So does that mean no schedule fuel filter replacement? But I did notice petrol cars have a charcoal filter and diesel cars don't.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #39
flinchy
Colonel
39
Rep
2,865
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieredknapped View Post
So does that mean no schedule fuel filter replacement? But I did notice petrol cars have a charcoal filter and diesel cars don't.
Charcoal intake filter is only for the US 128i
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #40
GJA003
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
218
Posts

 
Drives: BMW e87 120i M sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
yeah, you just remove the CDV and plug the clutch line straight in!.. you don't NEED a hollowed one.


$100? LOL. it's free, just take it out.. my mechanic didn't charge me anything as it wasn't even 5 minutes of labour while they were swapping the oil.. pulled out the line, pulled out the CDV, inserted the line.
even better.
__________________
'06 6s MT E87 BMW 120i M-Sport Sparkling graphite metallic'

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #41
xcharles1
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK130i View Post
Hi mate the blue one in port Melbourne is me :-). How do you I have a performance shifter, been sneaking a peek hey? :-) next time you see me say hi. I love my one thirt had it for 3 years.
Yo, GSK130i, you serious - it's you? Small world.

Yes, I had a sneeky look.

I'll take this to PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #42
xcharles1
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Just wondering what your thoughts are on BSM, with Anthracite wheels? Was thinking of painting my 208M but I do like them so much (when they're clean).
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #43
evolution42
Private First Class
evolution42's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
160
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 130i M-Sport (E87)
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcharles1 View Post
Just wondering what your thoughts are on BSM, with Anthracite wheels? Was thinking of painting my 208M but I do like them so much (when they're clean).
This is not 208M anthracite, but shadow chromed if you're interested
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #44
xcharles1
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution42 View Post
This is not 208M anthracite, but shadow chromed if you're interested
Ey, thanks for that. Interesting - shadow chrome.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST