BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #221
woosh
Colonel
 
woosh's Avatar
 
Drives: Canyonero SUV
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney

Posts: 2,136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
haha howso?

doesn't strike me as anything different to window tinting, other than it's entirely cosmetic rather than functional... similar to replacing your tail lights with blackline ones
Just going off pictures of Commodores and Falcons on boostcruising!

Let us know how you go... I think it'd turn out great.
woosh is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #222
ezeedee
NCOIC of Kickin It
 
ezeedee's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i "Simona"
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Great Falls MT

Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.50]
i need some of these lights!
ezeedee is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #223
flinchy
Colonel
 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

Posts: 2,721
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
haha howso?

doesn't strike me as anything different to window tinting, other than it's entirely cosmetic rather than functional... similar to replacing your tail lights with blackline ones
Just going off pictures of Commodores and Falcons on boostcruising!

Let us know how you go... I think it'd turn out great.
Ahh fair

One of the nicest cars ive seen is a current shape clubby, black, 10% tint and full black tail lights. So menacing
flinchy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 04:08 AM   #224
Deadshot
Private
 
Drives: '10 BMW 128i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arcadia, CA

Posts: 72
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 128I  [0.00]
any idea where i can buy these for a E82 2010 128i?
Deadshot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 04:55 AM   #225
DubKasper
New Member
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Nice looking gear. On the Santa list
DubKasper is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #226
woosh
Colonel
 
woosh's Avatar
 
Drives: Canyonero SUV
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney

Posts: 2,136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
any idea where i can buy these for a E82 2010 128i?
You're from USA? Try Schmeidmann
woosh is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #227
Deadshot
Private
 
Drives: '10 BMW 128i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arcadia, CA

Posts: 72
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 128I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
You're from USA? Try Schmeidmann
thanks. I have a question. I'm not sure if you can help me. I found these

http://www.schmiedmann.com/1_series/...e2.htm#1944982

Product number: 63-21-2-225-381
and
63-21-2-225-282

I'm kinda of confused if i have either xenon or adaptive lighting. How can i tell if i have adaptive. I dont have angel eyes in my headlights and it seems like a regular bulb that reflects around the inner casing of the headlight. Thanks for the help.
Deadshot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #228
woosh
Colonel
 
woosh's Avatar
 
Drives: Canyonero SUV
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney

Posts: 2,136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
thanks. I have a question. I'm not sure if you can help me. I found these

http://www.schmiedmann.com/1_series/...e2.htm#1944982

Product number: 63-21-2-225-381
and
63-21-2-225-282

I'm kinda of confused if i have either xenon or adaptive lighting. How can i tell if i have adaptive. I dont have angel eyes in my headlights and it seems like a regular bulb that reflects around the inner casing of the headlight. Thanks for the help.
This thread should explain it all

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674384

Dont worry about what headlights you have, order 63-21-2-225-282 (the more expensive one (remember, you dont have to pay VAT)) as it is the best version of the blackline's to have. The cheaper version doesn't have the illuminated gas cylinder... which defeats the purpose of getting these lights. The 282 lights are complete pnp without the harness.

And a reminder for aussie folks, BMR Autowerkes is where you can get yours from
woosh is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #229
Simonnn
Private First Class
 
Simonnn's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Very keen on these taillights.. Can BMR match the price that Schmiedmann is offering? :P
Simonnn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #230
Deadshot
Private
 
Drives: '10 BMW 128i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arcadia, CA

Posts: 72
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 128I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
This thread should explain it all

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674384

Dont worry about what headlights you have, order 63-21-2-225-282 (the more expensive one (remember, you dont have to pay VAT)) as it is the best version of the blackline's to have. The cheaper version doesn't have the illuminated gas cylinder... which defeats the purpose of getting these lights. The 282 lights are complete pnp without the harness.

And a reminder for aussie folks, BMR Autowerkes is where you can get yours from
Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it
Deadshot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST