BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
WhiteTgr135i
Captain
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: City of Rapture

Posts: 968
iTrader: (5)

**********s LED turn signal bulbs, anybody try them?

On **********s website, they have "LED Turn Signal" bulbs for the e82. I have been looking to upgrade my turn signals to LED bulbs. I went on google and found nothing. Anybody have experience with these? Are they worth it? I would really like to know, thanks.

-Tycho

The LED bulb thread :
http://www.**********s.com/1156-18-SMD-LED-Bulbs.htm
WhiteTgr135i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
PapaB
Private
 
PapaB's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 135i,'07 MCoupe,'09 X6 5.0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

Don't know much about these but I found smoked LED full replacements at Bimmian. Look and work great.
PapaB is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
DrGadget
Second Lieutenant
 
DrGadget's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 123d
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 214
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
On **********s website, they have "LED Turn Signal" bulbs for the e82. I have been looking to upgrade my turn signals to LED bulbs. I went on google and found nothing. Anybody have experience with these? Are they worth it? I would really like to know, thanks.

-Tycho

The LED bulb thread :
http://www.**********s.com/1156-18-SMD-LED-Bulbs.htm
I have the stealth LEDs in mine. Brilliant. Try eBay store MyLitCo. The ship internationally from the UK. Check out my video.
__________________
Alpine White/Anthracite 123d M Sport Pack, 2010. Yokohama ADVAN Sport 225/255 NonRFT
A turbo: exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson ... and to think I have two such beasties!
DrGadget is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
Adam135
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 907
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGadget View Post
I have the stealth LEDs in mine. Brilliant. Try eBay store MyLitCo. The ship internationally from the UK. Check out my video.
I contacted those guys, they don't seem to sell their turn signal bulbs separately. Or they didn't understand my question.


OP how much are the bulbs? The information seems to have been moderated? I'm also interested in these.
Adam135 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
DrGadget
Second Lieutenant
 
DrGadget's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 123d
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 214
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam135 View Post
I contacted those guys, they don't seem to sell their turn signal bulbs separately. Or they didn't understand my question.


OP how much are the bulbs? The information seems to have been moderated? I'm also interested in these.
Here are the details. See the attached screen capture. About GBP23 plus freight. Don't ask them just search for this product. Trust me ... it works a treat.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Alpine White/Anthracite 123d M Sport Pack, 2010. Yokohama ADVAN Sport 225/255 NonRFT
A turbo: exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson ... and to think I have two such beasties!
DrGadget is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064 N, 117.5922 W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
whats **********s?
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #7
Adam135
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 907
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGadget View Post
Here are the details. See the attached screen capture. About GBP23 plus freight. Don't ask them just search for this product. Trust me ... it works a treat.
Do you think these would work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-AMBER-No...36b227&vxp=mtr
Adam135 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 01:29 AM   #8
DrGadget
Second Lieutenant
 
DrGadget's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 123d
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 214
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam135 View Post
Looks like they would work, but mine were USD38 from MyLitCo The link is to the actual LEDs, so you can make the choice.
__________________
Alpine White/Anthracite 123d M Sport Pack, 2010. Yokohama ADVAN Sport 225/255 NonRFT
A turbo: exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson ... and to think I have two such beasties!
DrGadget is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
big_fooot
Private
 
Drives: 2011 135I
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
whats **********s?
Should read M ODBARGAINS.... for some reason it's censored everywhere. Anyone know the story behind that?
big_fooot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #10
Adam135
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 907
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_fooot View Post
Should read M ODBARGAINS.... for some reason it's censored everywhere. Anyone know the story behind that?
They are no longer a vendor here and were banned from posting.
Adam135 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064 N, 117.5922 W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_fooot View Post
Should read M ODBARGAINS.... for some reason it's censored everywhere. Anyone know the story behind that?
+1 what happened? why did they get banned for posting, what did they post?
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
Adam135
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 907
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGadget View Post
Looks like they would work, but mine were USD38 from MyLitCo The link is to the actual LEDs, so you can make the choice.
Thanks for the link! They don't have them listed for sale anymore. I sent them a message asking if they can still be purchased.

Replacing the bulbs:

Last edited by Adam135; 12-09-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Adam135 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #13
DrGadget
Second Lieutenant
 
DrGadget's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 123d
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 214
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam135 View Post
Thanks for the link! They don't have them listed for sale anymore. I sent them a message asking if they can still be purchased.
Bummer ... you are quite right. I just ordered the rears (not stop lights as mine are halogen):
  • Upgrade Car Back LED Tail Light Bulbs 382 P21W RED SMD Canbus No Error Free 12V
  • Upgrade Car LED Signal Indicator Light Bulbs 581 PY21W Amber Orange SMD Canbus

These should work front and rear.
__________________
Alpine White/Anthracite 123d M Sport Pack, 2010. Yokohama ADVAN Sport 225/255 NonRFT
A turbo: exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson ... and to think I have two such beasties!

Last edited by DrGadget; 12-09-2012 at 04:21 PM.
DrGadget is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #14
Adam135
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 907
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGadget View Post
Not as many LEDs on that one, wonder if it's bright enough. How is the brightness of yours in the daylight?

Do you think these would work? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANBUS-27-...item35ba0a56ee

Last edited by Adam135; 12-09-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Adam135 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #15
DrGadget
Second Lieutenant
 
DrGadget's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 123d
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 214
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam135 View Post
Not as many LEDs on that one, wonder if it's bright enough. How is the brightness of yours in the daylight?

Do you think these would work? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANBUS-27-...item35ba0a56ee
The pins are not offset 150 degrees, so they would not fit a European car. Do check that. Mine are very bright day and night, as the video clip showed ... that was taken during the day.

Check these out.
__________________
Alpine White/Anthracite 123d M Sport Pack, 2010. Yokohama ADVAN Sport 225/255 NonRFT
A turbo: exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson ... and to think I have two such beasties!

Last edited by DrGadget; 12-10-2012 at 03:31 AM.
DrGadget is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #16
Adam135
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 907
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGadget View Post
The pins are not offset 150 degrees, so they would not fit a European car. Do check that. Mine are very bright day and night, as the video clip showed ... that was taken during the day.

Check these out.
Thanks! I have e-mailed superbrightleds to ask if that bulb is compatible with Canbus. I also received a reply from MyLitCo about the bulbs you have - he said they are out of stock and to check back after Christmas.
Adam135 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #17
DrGadget
Second Lieutenant
 
DrGadget's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 123d
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 214
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam135 View Post
Thanks! I have e-mailed superbrightleds to ask if that bulb is compatible with Canbus. I also received a reply from MyLitCo about the bulbs you have - he said they are out of stock and to check back after Christmas.
They seem a good operator don't they. I got worried that the brake lights I ordered (P21W 1156) were wrong because the pins are not 150 degrees offset, but rather 180 (directly opposite each other). MyLitCo assured me they were correct for brake light.

I'd wait for those I have installed in the blinkers and get them for both back and front turn indicators (blinkers). This link takes you to my YouTube video of the front blinkers.
__________________
Alpine White/Anthracite 123d M Sport Pack, 2010. Yokohama ADVAN Sport 225/255 NonRFT
A turbo: exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson ... and to think I have two such beasties!

Last edited by DrGadget; 12-10-2012 at 11:16 PM.
DrGadget is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #18
Adam135
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 907
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGadget View Post
They seem a good operator don't they. I got worried that the brake lights I ordered (P21W 1156) were wrong because the pins are not 150 degrees offset, but rather 180 (directly opposite each other). MyLitCo assured me they were correct for brake light.

I'd wait for those I have and get them for both back and front turn indicators (blinkers).
So we need 150 degrees for front and 180 degrees for rear??

I would order the ones from superbrightleds if I knew they wouldn't hyper flash or cause CANBUS errors. I think I'll take your advice and wait for them.

These look OK http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMBER-7507-2...21062519264%26

Last edited by Adam135; 12-10-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Adam135 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #19
DrGadget
Second Lieutenant
 
DrGadget's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 123d
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 214
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam135 View Post
So we need 150 degrees for front and 180 degrees for rear??

I would order the ones from superbrightleds if I knew they wouldn't hyper flash or cause CANBUS errors. I think I'll take your advice and wait for them.
The back and front turn indicators are the same with offset bayonets. So if you are waiting for the MyLitCo LEDs, just order 4. I can assure you there are NO CANBUS errors with these. Remember that all the manufacturer does is wire in a 1 cent resistor between the positive and negative that reduces the power going to the LEDs so they don't overheat etc. That way the Bimmer CANBUS system reads them as bulbs ... and all is well.
__________________
Alpine White/Anthracite 123d M Sport Pack, 2010. Yokohama ADVAN Sport 225/255 NonRFT
A turbo: exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson ... and to think I have two such beasties!
DrGadget is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
mattryan
Lieutenant
 
mattryan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 496
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
so which bulbs would you use for the front turn signal, side turn signal, rear turn signal, reverse? what other bulbs are you able to replace? cornerning lights?
__________________
2012 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | Aluminum Glacier Silver | Premium Package | Executive Package | Premium Sound Package | Navigation | DCT | Performance 313's | FormulaOne Pinnacle 15% | LUX V4's
mattryan is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-19-2012, 03:24 AM   #21
DrGadget
Second Lieutenant
 
DrGadget's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 123d
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 214
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattryan View Post
so which bulbs would you use for the front turn signal, side turn signal, rear turn signal, reverse? what other bulbs are you able to replace? cornerning lights?
See http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...page=2&post#41 for the answer to this.
__________________
Alpine White/Anthracite 123d M Sport Pack, 2010. Yokohama ADVAN Sport 225/255 NonRFT
A turbo: exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson ... and to think I have two such beasties!
DrGadget is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #22
Adam135
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 907
iTrader: (2)

LED tail lights. They look great and match the 3rd brake LEDs nicely. They are a little brighter than stock.

Link to bulbs. You need 4 total (2 per side). Alternatively there are cheaper bulbs available, but you may need to install a resistor to avoid your car thinking the bulb is burned out.

DRIVER SIDE [left] = LED
PASSENGER SIDE [right] = STOCK






Last edited by Adam135; 12-24-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Adam135 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST