BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #441
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHAUS View Post
Quick shot from SEMA.
always good to meet up with you guys. TEAM GT HAUS! see ya'll for MFEST VII 2013
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #442
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 16,345
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
really wished i could get to a Welt meet with the car! Thanx for the fix
You know Kirk... Oli ( Spector88 ) has some VW freak friends. They have taken their VW's all over Europe and are burnt out on car shows over here. So next year, these three crazy guys will ship over their "tuned" VW's to the states (three cars will fit into a shipping container for 1,800 euros), then the three of them will spend a month driving all over the states to various VW car shows!

You could do the same over here. You just ship your car over... you post a bond... you can drive the car for up to six months over here. You just have to pay for German fuel($$$) and German insurance. You leave your US Tags on the car! I have seen a few US tag'd cars being driven over here. Even some RV's! You'll be sure to have the time of your Life!

Plus... you can join us for our Stelvio-II trip in June(or so).
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #443
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
You know Kirk... Oli ( Spector88 ) has some VW freak friends. They have taken their VW's all over Europe and are burnt out on car shows over here. So next year, these three crazy guys will ship over their "tuned" VW's to the states (three cars will fit into a shipping container for 1,800 euros), then the three of them will spend a month driving all over the states to various VW car shows!

You could do the same over here. You just ship your car over... you post a bond... you can drive the car for up to six months over here. You just have to pay for German fuel($$$) and German insurance. You leave your US Tags on the car! I have seen a few US tag'd cars being driven over here. Even some RV's! You'll be sure to have the time of your Life!

Plus... you can join us for our Stelvio-II trip in June(or so).
wow talk about balls, are those guys on payroll from sponsors to travel the US for a year or what?!?!?!?? that sounds insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
couldnt do the reverse with my car LOL i do have to pay bills i didnt win the last powerball or mega million but it'd be done if i ever did!
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #444
Artemis
Brigadier General
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M (VO)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

Posts: 3,284
iTrader: (0)

Okay, next step for Einser M: ask Santa Clause for a decent garage:

__________________
“For ’tis the mind that makes the body rich” (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Artemis is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #445
mpiligrim
M-addict
 
mpiligrim's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M VO
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Moscow

Posts: 59
iTrader: (0)

Recent pictures and mods look just great!
__________________
In wroom I trust.
mpiligrim is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #446
elitt13
Lieutenant
 
elitt13's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Serie 1///M Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: soutern france

Posts: 439
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M coupé  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
Very nice Car congratulation !!!!
__________________
- Série 1 ///M BSM -
elitt13 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #447
ilikebmxbikes
Colonel
 
ilikebmxbikes's Avatar
 
Drives: S65 1M Clone & 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 2,838
iTrader: (33)

I just purchased a GThaus Exhaust set up because of you.

Did you do a CF roof overlay or replacement?
__________________
ilikebmxbikes is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #448
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiligrim View Post
Recent pictures and mods look just great!
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitt13 View Post
Very nice Car congratulation !!!!
I appreciate that
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #449
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
I just purchased a GThaus Exhaust set up because of you.

Did you do a CF roof overlay or replacement?
I opted for the CF overlay as it provided no chassis intrusion in my book. I hear the full roof replacement is just a skin from conversation with other 1M members but I'm ok with just the overlay from RevoZport
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #450
GTHAUS
Major
 
GTHAUS's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5, F30 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,023
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
I just purchased a GThaus Exhaust set up because of you.

Did you do a CF roof overlay or replacement?
You'll enjoy it! Post up some videos/photos when you receive it so we can share them!
GTHAUS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #451
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
beautiful shots of the SSR Type F euro wheels from AJ Photography just released

Tanabe USA | SSR wheels type F Euro

19x9.5 +28 20.4lbs front
19x10.0 +20 20.8lbs rear
finish: Search Light Silver

http://www.ssr-wheels.com/wheels/typefeuro_16171819.asp

Photo credit: VanDeWater, AJ (http://www.adrianjonphotography.com)

















__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #452
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
 
ozinaldo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Posts: 3,052
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
beautiful shots of the SSR Type F euro wheels from AJ Photography just released

Tanabe USA | SSR wheels type F Euro

19x9.5 +28 20.4lbs front
19x10.0 +20 20.8lbs rear
finish: Search Light Silver

http://www.ssr-wheels.com/wheels/typefeuro_16171819.asp

Photo credit: VanDeWater, AJ (http://www.adrianjonphotography.com)

















Einser,

How is the car with 275/30 19s on front? Basic differences from a stock car looks like your front wheels are 9.5 vs. 9 for stocks and you are with slightly dropped ride height. Anything else I am missing? No rubbing or other issues? No spacers?

They look super tight and nothing like too large for the front fenders.

I am asking this because my future mod will be to replace stock size PSS set with 275/30 front and 295/30 rear, while keeping everything else (wheels, suspension, ride height, brakes) stock like it is now. There are a number of M3 guys who did this without any issues on stock wheels and suspension, we have guys who have zero issues with 295/30 rears or even larger but no one yet going +3 front and rear to keep everything proportional.
__________________
"The mark of a great car is one whose overall competence exceeds what you should expect from its individual components and the 1M does just that", Chris Harris.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
ozinaldo is offline   Portugal
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #453
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Einser,

How is the car with 275/30 19s on front? Basic differences from a stock car looks like your front wheels are 9.5 vs. 9 for stocks and you are with slightly dropped ride height. Anything else I am missing? No rubbing or other issues? No spacers?

They look super tight and nothing like too large for the front fenders.

I am asking this because my future mod will be to replace stock size PSS set with 275/30 front and 295/30 rear, while keeping everything else (wheels, suspension, ride height, brakes) stock like it is now. There are a number of M3 guys who did this without any issues on stock wheels and suspension, we have guys who have zero issues with 295/30 rears or even larger but no one yet going +3 front and rear to keep everything proportional.
you're correct, on the SSR type F Euro setup I have 5mm spacers up front, nothing in the rear and lowered on the Eibach springs with sway bars but you can't see those. NO issues with the sizing, no rubbing, nothing weird, the car feels perfect. I still have the liner rub issue but that was already there with the OEM 359M setup.

i don't see why you couldnt go 295 in the rear if i'm correct sypder562 is running 305 or 315 in the rear but 275 up front is not a problem, i thought it'd be a problem myself when SSR and Eibach decided on the size but i drove home from Vegas and it's been a little over 600 miles and zero issues, super happy here
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #454
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
 
ozinaldo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Posts: 3,052
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the input Einser. It won't be soon but when my actual set burns out I am decided to do that, I am guessing ridiculous acceleration and cornering speeds reached with even more safety than stock sizes. Only thing which can keep me doing this is when time comes if I move to another country/city with worse road conditions then 30 profile tires on 19s can kill this idea's feasibility and I may be forced to keep continuing with stock sizes or even buy a 18 inch set (which can be the better solution anyway!).
__________________
"The mark of a great car is one whose overall competence exceeds what you should expect from its individual components and the 1M does just that", Chris Harris.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
ozinaldo is offline   Portugal
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #455
STi_traitor
Banned
 
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria

Posts: 1,000
iTrader: (0)

BROOOOOONER!!!!!

Sick wrap dude!
STi_traitor is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #456
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
BROOOOOONER!!!!!

Sick wrap dude!
ha ha yaaaaaah buddy thanx
didnt want to thread jack the other guy with our boner talk
you def got me in your scope now
what are you doing so close to the Czech Republic???



__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #457
STi_traitor
Banned
 
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria

Posts: 1,000
iTrader: (0)

Haha! No, I just wanted to give you props on your car. The German colors on the side with the splash looks great, Germans around here would eat this thing up!
STi_traitor is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2012, 03:15 AM   #458
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
Haha! No, I just wanted to give you props on your car. The German colors on the side with the splash looks great, Germans around here would eat this thing up!
yaaaaah buddy RUPPRECHT from rupics.de really wants to shoot the car and I cant wait til he gets back stateside til he does, he's based out of Munchen. i had a german tourist walk into my store this summer asking to speak with the owner of the 1M with DE flag ha ha he was stoked too but someone on the forum told me once that display of German nationalism & pride is sorta prohibited in DE?
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #459
STi_traitor
Banned
 
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria

Posts: 1,000
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
yaaaaah buddy RUPPRECHT from rupics.de really wants to shoot the car and I cant wait til he gets back stateside til he does, he's based out of Munchen. i had a german tourist walk into my store this summer asking to speak with the owner of the 1M with DE flag ha ha he was stoked too but someone on the forum told me once that display of German nationalism & pride is sorta prohibited in DE?
Not sure if that is true, I have seen stuff like this before. I believe it's anything that refers to WW2 that is extremely prohibited! I think we can all understand why though.
STi_traitor is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2012, 03:23 AM   #460
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
Not sure if that is true, I have seen stuff like this before. I believe it's anything that refers to WW2 that is extremely prohibited! I think we can all understand why though.
then i'd love to take this back to Munchen and the Welt the way it sits now!!!
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #461
STi_traitor
Banned
 
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria

Posts: 1,000
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
then i'd love to take this back to Munchen and the Welt the way it sits now!!!
Let me know when you get here!

STi_traitor is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #462
G2G
Sold: E46 330CI, E90 320dA with 270000km
 
G2G's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vienna

Posts: 181
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
+1
probably the bes known 1M on bimmerpost!!
G2G is offline   Austria
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
eibach, einser m, oss, revozport, uss rubicon.core

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST