BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

A Close Up Look at Brembo CCM-R

Here's a close up look at Brembo CCM-R. One of the goodies going on to my car next week . It has been a long 5 months wait!
Attached Images
 
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
Pete_vB
Captain
Pete_vB's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
843
Posts

 
Drives: '69 GT3, 1M, 912, R32
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SF Bay Area, Shenzhen, Oman

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Here's a close up look at Brembo CCM-R. One of the goodies going on to my car next week . It has been a long 5 months wait!
Very nice. Looks like a worthy (if pricey, I assume) upgrade.

Do you know the piston sizes on those, front and rear? Also disk diameter? I'm interested to calculate the brake balance vs stock.

It'd also be great if you could weigh them and the stock parts to quantify the (unsprung, rotating) weight loss.

The certainly look the business...
__________________
1M, 1969 Porsche 911 w/ 997 GT3 Cup Motor (435hp & 2,100 lbs)
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 03:16 AM   #3
chuxdelux
Captain
10
Rep
638
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 e46 m3, 2013 Jetta TDI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Honolulu,HI

iTrader: (1)

Beautiful. How much weight is saved over the standard GTR kit?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
Very nice. Looks like a worthy (if pricey, I assume) upgrade.

Do you know the piston sizes on those, front and rear? Also disk diameter? I'm interested to calculate the brake balance vs stock.

It'd also be great if you could weigh them and the stock parts to quantify the (unsprung, rotating) weight loss.

The certainly look the business...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuxdelux View Post
Beautiful. How much weight is saved over the standard GTR kit?
Weight comparison between BMW OE disc (fitted on M3 & 1M) and CCM-R disc:
OEM Front: 360x30mm 10.36 kg
OEM Rear: 350x24mm 9.09 kg
CCM-R Front: 380x34mm 5.08 kg
CCM-R Rear: 360x28mm 4.21 kg

I haven't got the piston sizes, but will measure when the car gets done next week. The brakes are at the workshop.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
8
Rep
545
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Location Location

iTrader: (0)

Holy smokes - that's a serious weight loss program. And, when the disk is worn out (does that happen w/ carbon disks?), you can cook your pizzas on them.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
Holy smokes - that's a serious weight loss program. And, when the disk is worn out (does that happen w/ carbon disks?), you can cook your pizzas on them.
Never thought about it that way. It lasts 5000 track miles - so it would be a long while, but definitely worthwhile to bring it along to my next camping trip .
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
Rich@GTBPerformance
Bimmerpost Sponsor and BMW Performance Guru
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
229
Rep
4,410
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 JZB M3, 2000 750iL
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North New Jersey

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
you can cook your pizzas on them.
They might need a good scrubbing first!

But that is a fantastic weight saving for the car. Enjoy!
__________________
Email : rich@gtbperformance.com | Web : www.gtbperformance.com | Tel : 973 429 2839



GTB Performance is a supporting member of Bimmerpost and the BMW Car Club of America, NJ Chapter
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #8
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
Very nice. Looks like a worthy (if pricey, I assume) upgrade.

Do you know the piston sizes on those, front and rear? Also disk diameter? I'm interested to calculate the brake balance vs stock.

It'd also be great if you could weigh them and the stock parts to quantify the (unsprung, rotating) weight loss.

The certainly look the business...
I was showing the pictures to someone today and he noticed the piston is staggered and different sizes:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...701629&page=14
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
Pete_vB
Captain
Pete_vB's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
843
Posts

 
Drives: '69 GT3, 1M, 912, R32
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SF Bay Area, Shenzhen, Oman

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
I was showing the pictures to someone today and he noticed the piston is staggered and different sizes:

Every modern multi-piston caliper is going to have staggered piston sizes to keep brake pad wear even. PCCBs up front are 28/ 32/ 34mm. Visually yours look similar or maybe slightly smaller? Knowing the piston sizes and rotor diameter you can make a close estimate of brake torque and brake balance- it needs to be close to stock or you'd want to change the brake proportioning to match.
__________________
1M, 1969 Porsche 911 w/ 997 GT3 Cup Motor (435hp & 2,100 lbs)
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
Every modern multi-piston caliper is going to have staggered piston sizes to keep brake pad wear even. PCCBs up front are 28/ 32/ 34mm. Visually yours look similar or maybe slightly smaller? Knowing the piston sizes and rotor diameter you can make a close estimate of brake torque and brake balance- it needs to be close to stock or you'd want to change the brake proportioning to match.
No worries, I have asked the guys to measure up today before the install.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 05:36 AM   #11
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Brakes installed today - pads not yet bedded properly and datalogger still to go on so haven't got my car back yet.
Attached Images
    
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #12
jackkk
Lieutenant
jackkk's Avatar
Russian Federation
11
Rep
400
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Brakes installed today - pads not yet bedded properly and datalogger still to go on so haven't got my car back yet.
looks nice! Like lambo brakes
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #13
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
ozinaldo's Avatar
Portugal
46
Rep
3,053
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Brakes installed today - pads not yet bedded properly and datalogger still to go on so haven't got my car back yet.
I don't know why but your car seem to have a bigger wheel gap (mine is stock), is it the tire size?
__________________
"The mark of a great car is one whose overall competence exceeds what you should expect from its individual components and the 1M does just that", Chris Harris.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #14
redux
Private First Class
redux's Avatar
3
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: beer

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 1M  [4.60]
2008 RS4  [0.00]
dear god, you've spent more on wheels and brakes than I spent on purchasing my car. I thought I was off my rocker with the amount of money I've spent on mods, but I can't hold a candle to you.
__________________
BMW 1M (Production Number Something) of (I Don't Care)
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #15
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
13
Rep
1,009
Posts

 
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Garage cleaning Brake Dust

iTrader: (3)

Very very nice !!!!!!!! Looks and function, does not get much better than this Brembo upgrade.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #16
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
I don't know why but your car seem to have a bigger wheel gap (mine is stock), is it the tire size?
I think it is the angle, especially the front wheels come out a little bit more than stock. Anyway, suspension is the next bit to be fixed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by redux View Post
dear god, you've spent more on wheels and brakes than I spent on purchasing my car. I thought I was off my rocker with the amount of money I've spent on mods, but I can't hold a candle to you.
Our cars are 115k here, and M3 are 180k once you put in a few options. Sometimes, it is about the passion and what sort of goal you are trying to achieve with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZAGLO View Post
Very very nice !!!!!!!! Looks and function, does not get much better than this Brembo upgrade.
Only thing better would be race callipers - however, it would be impractical for the car to go on the street.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #17
redux
Private First Class
redux's Avatar
3
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: beer

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 1M  [4.60]
2008 RS4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Sometimes, it is about the passion and what sort of goal you are trying to achieve with the car.
Yeah, it seems like your goals are as financially ruinous as mine. My spring project is completely pointless, but it needs to be done:

__________________
BMW 1M (Production Number Something) of (I Don't Care)
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
mlhj83's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,035
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
I don't know why but your car seem to have a bigger wheel gap (mine is stock), is it the tire size?
Perhaps the car was just lowered from a jacked position after having the wheels reinstalled, thus the suspension hasn't settled.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #19
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
ozinaldo's Avatar
Portugal
46
Rep
3,053
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83 View Post
Perhaps the car was just lowered from a jacked position after having the wheels reinstalled, thus the suspension hasn't settled.
Maybe, cause it just looks 40% bigger than the gap I have. I thought maybe different diameter tires but what you say makes more sense since they were obviously installing the brakes.
__________________
"The mark of a great car is one whose overall competence exceeds what you should expect from its individual components and the 1M does just that", Chris Harris.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 12:29 AM   #20
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redux View Post
Yeah, it seems like your goals are as financially ruinous as mine. My spring project is completely pointless, but it needs to be done:

s65!!!!????
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #21
///1M
Captain
9
Rep
606
Posts

 
Drives: On a good day, AW 1M coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: between Indiana and the alley

iTrader: (0)

This weight savings will certainly improve the 1/4 mile time, no?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #22
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///1M View Post
This weight savings will certainly improve the 1/4 mile time, no?
Definitely, but the question is would that be significant. There are also cheaper ways of doing that like putting in a single turbo.

Reducing unsprung is mainly about giving you the optimal suspension setup without sacrificing rigidity, brake size and ride.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST