|02-21-2013, 03:20 PM||#48|
Drives: 2010 135i AW 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Wrap-up of this thread so far:
- 2008 - 2010 models have the twin turbo N54 engine
- 2011 models have the twinscroll (single) turbo N55 engine
Both are rated at 300hp/300tq and have similar performance. Stock vs Stock, the N55 has a slightly louder rumble. Especially on cold starts.
- Twin Turbo setup
- Easier to get more power from pnp tunes
- HPFP Issue, check the numerous threads and sticky in General Discussion. Warranty for N54 engine HPFP has been extended to 10 years or 100,000 miles.
- TwinScroll single Turbo
- Pnp tunes in testing, but not quite as much gains as N54 tune
- So far no confirmed reports of HPFP issue
- Supposedly reaches peak torque at ~200 less RPM than N54
Sport / M-Sport
- 2008-2011 models had the M-Sport option which included sport package + M Sport style 261M wheels, M door sills, and Anthracite (black) headliner.
- 2008-2010 had the option of Steptronic or 6MT
- 2011 128i maintains Step or 6MT
- 2011 135i has the option of Dual Clutch transmission or 6MT
- 2011 128i Steptronic paddles are right side up and left side downshift instead of previous method of push for up and pull for down
- 2008-2009 have smaller mirrors
- 2010-2011 have larger mirrors
- 2008 model year was the only year to offer Sparkling Graphite Metallic
- 2009-2011 introduces Le Mans Blue Metallic available only with the M-Sport Package
- 2008-2009 offered Monaco Blue
- 2010-2011 Deep Sea Blue replaced Monaco Blue
- 2011 models have the Value Package option which includes leather interior and i-Pod connectivity at no cost
2009-2011 models had the M-Sport option which included sport package + M Sport style 261M wheels, M door sills, and Anthracite (black) headliner.
and Increased top speed limiter and Shadowline exterior trim and M shift knob and M hand brake handle, and the M Steering wheel if you didn't order the Cold Weather Package.
Yes, M-Sport includes everything the Sport package has and adds the headliner, M door sills, and M Wheels. You can still get the Sport package alone for 2009-11 models but M Sport was/is only a $200 addition.
Some owners with '10/'11 models have retrofitted the smaller '08/'09 mirrors on their cars.
This means that a 2011 135i could have the m steering wheel, m shifter and m door sill along with 264( none m)wheels?
YES, I have seen this.
Model Year 2010 1 Series Equipment Changes (all models)
1. • Option 653, HD Radio, is now standard equipment on all 1 series models
2. • Option 5AC, Automatic High Beams, is now available for $250
3. • The standard Hi-Fi Sound System, option 676, has been removed. 663 Radio BMW Professional is the standard sound system. Premium Hi-Fi option 677 remains available.
4. • New metallic paint color Deep Sea Blue replaces Monaco Blue.
Model Year 2010 128i Equipment Changes
1. A new 16’’ standard wheel 2K9, style 360, replaces wheel 2KN, style 255, on the 128i Convertible only.
2. Moonroof has been removed from the standard profile of the 128i Coupe only and is now included in the Premium Package ($4,100) or as single option 403 for $1,050.
3. Stereo options were different between the years, as well.
Base Stereo - 10 speakers and external amp; this was the mid-level stereo upgrade in the rest of the world and is known as Hi-Fi)
Harmon Kardon - upgraded Base Stereo speakers and amp with H/K parts (known as Top Hi-Fi)
Base Stereo - 8 speakers and head unit amplification (actual base stereo available in the rest of the world)
Harmon Kardon - 10 H/K speakers and external amp (Top Hi-Fi)
Same as 2008 cars
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!
My 2009 Base Stereo has 10 speakers. The 2010 has 8. The 2011 and newer went back to 10.
Alarm pre-wiring only thru Feb 2009 build date.
*We are missing the iDrive differences throughout the years.
*I would also like to update this through MY '13
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|