BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Manny@ActiveAutowerke
Major
 
Manny@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 135i Alpine White/Red Int
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,388
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to Manny@ActiveAutowerke
Quad Diffuser options.

Hey guys I really want to get quads on my 135i just like I did with my 530i. I know all I gotta do is get a "Quad Diffuser" but who sells these...havent been able to find anything yet.
Manny@ActiveAutowerke is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

Youll need the accompanying quad muffler axleback at least. There are plenty of options ranging from a $5k kit to a 350shipped eBay piece that fits pretty well. The exhaust piece is where youll really have a problem, unless you have a really high quality exhaust guy.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=135i+quad+exhaust
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Manny@ActiveAutowerke
Major
 
Manny@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 135i Alpine White/Red Int
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,388
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to Manny@ActiveAutowerke
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
Youll need the accompanying quad muffler axleback at least. There are plenty of options ranging from a $5k kit to a 350shipped eBay piece that fits pretty well. The exhaust piece is where youll really have a problem, unless you have a really high quality exhaust guy.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=135i+quad+exhaust
what I meant was if there's any "preferable" brands for quads here in the forums. Or any reviews from previews customers...
Manny@ActiveAutowerke is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
audiohigh
Private
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York

Posts: 95
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22 View Post
what I meant was if there's any "preferable" brands for quads here in the forums. Or any reviews from previews customers...
I've got Eisenmann. Looks good and sounds great. Got one of the cheap-o eBay diffusers though. 3d Design has a great one but it's really simple and is off the charts expensive.

Here's a thread where I posted the end result.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749600

A little note though. No matter which quad you go with it's mostly going to vent through the drivers side unless you go all custom and have it balanced better.
audiohigh is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
Manny@ActiveAutowerke
Major
 
Manny@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 135i Alpine White/Red Int
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,388
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to Manny@ActiveAutowerke
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiohigh View Post
I've got Eisenmann. Looks good and sounds great. Got one of the cheap-o eBay diffusers though. 3d Design has a great one but it's really simple and is off the charts expensive.

Here's a thread where I posted the end result.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749600

A little note though. No matter which quad you go with it's mostly going to vent through the drivers side unless you go all custom and have it balanced better.
How much you paid for your quad exhaust?
Manny@ActiveAutowerke is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #6
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 206
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiohigh View Post
I've got Eisenmann. Looks good and sounds great. Got one of the cheap-o eBay diffusers though. 3d Design has a great one but it's really simple and is off the charts expensive.

Here's a thread where I posted the end result.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749600

A little note though. No matter which quad you go with it's mostly going to vent through the drivers side unless you go all custom and have it balanced better.
Do you have a sound clip?



http://www.**********s.com/Carbon-Fi...W-E82-135i.htm (it's censoring m-o-d-b-a-r-g-a-i-n-s)

I'm not sure how good the quality of this one is but they have a quad option in the drop-down.
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
audiohigh
Private
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York

Posts: 95
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22 View Post
How much you paid for your quad exhaust?
Got mine new direct from them shipped for 2k. It's a bit pricy but the finish is great (hasn't tarnished or rusted with crappy NY weather) and I have no doubt it'll last a long time.
audiohigh is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #8
audiohigh
Private
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York

Posts: 95
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisko View Post
Do you have a sound clip?



http://www.**********s.com/Carbon-Fi...W-E82-135i.htm (it's censoring m-o-d-b-a-r-g-a-i-n-s)

I'm not sure how good the quality of this one is but they have a quad option in the drop-down.
No sound clip of mine at the moment but here's a vid with the single side race exhaust from them. Mine sounds very much like this one. The quad is really the same system just with the second exit for the passenger side pipe. I also have the same polished finish and you can see it in this vid too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw2xhjCDlnE
audiohigh is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST