BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, AW, CR, 6MT

How do you secure your handgun in your vehicle?

I would like to have a locking storage compartment in the trunk of my 135i Coupe to help ensure the security of my guns when I am transporting them.

Who has the prize-winning idea?

So, that's it. I am doomed. There is no patch, no methadone, no substitute. Curse you BMW. Curse you and your seamless power delivery. Curse the incredible sense of road feel. Curse the comfort, the luxury, the envious looks from the masses. I am... hopelessly addicted.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
Hoosiers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT3

Get a biometric or quick open safe. Bolt it to the vehicle from inside the safe.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
That_1_Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeroni View Post
I would like to have a locking storage compartment in the trunk of my 135i Coupe to help ensure the security of my guns when I am transporting them.

Who has the prize-winning idea?

I have a quick draw double retention holster bolted to the center console on the passenger side. If there is someone other than myself and the wife in the car, than the pistol is locked up in a case in the glove box or trunk.

Can't use it here in Germany, but fits my Glock 27 perfect, and will be used when back home =D
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #4
1911A145
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

I just leave them in the trunk, glove, or hidden from view... I usually never leave them in the car, though. If they are not on my person than it is because I am restricted to leave them in the vehicle due to the "gun free zones" I may encounter. If someone breaks into your vehicle, and is determined, they will get whatever is in there anyhow... not really sure what locking device or solution you are looking for and for what type of firearm you are looking to secure.

If you are looking to just secure basic firearms in the trunk while traveling any locking gun case should do, if transporting is the only thing you are doing really. Pelican cases make nice gear, among many other brands.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #5
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
I wouldn't advertise where you hide your gun in your car on a public website. Not that I'm paranoid or anything, just that these are public forums, and if someone was able to single out your car based on pics you've posted, etc, then you could be in for a very bad day. I've learned from that mistake, so just a heads up to anyone thinking about saying "Oh I keep mine right here".

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 03:22 AM   #6
That_1_Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
I wouldn't advertise where you hide your gun in your car on a public website. Not that I'm paranoid or anything, just that these are public forums, and if someone was able to single out your car based on pics you've posted, etc, then you could be in for a very bad day. I've learned from that mistake, so just a heads up to anyone thinking about saying "Oh I keep mine right here".

This is something a lot of people don't think about.

I posted where mine sits because it isn't hidden at all. But working as an LEO, and having a CAC, I leave mine out in the open as long as it is an arm reach away. I wouldn't suggest the same for anyone who doesn't have the proper training to do so, but Sylon is right. Think about stuff before you post it on a social networking site.

With that said, you suckers know I'm packin.... don't get crazy
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, AW, CR, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosiers View Post
Get a biometric or quick open safe. Bolt it to the vehicle from inside the safe.
Sounds like a winner. Am actually hoping to find something I can bolt up under the parcel shelf. Would have to be relatively light, and consequently not really secure. Something heavier would be more secure, but I don't want to over stress the parcel shelf.

Still looking at eBay and the local gun shops.

Thanks!
So, that's it. I am doomed. There is no patch, no methadone, no substitute. Curse you BMW. Curse you and your seamless power delivery. Curse the incredible sense of road feel. Curse the comfort, the luxury, the envious looks from the masses. I am... hopelessly addicted.
Appreciate 0