BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #23
Gumball
Captain

Drives: A45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa12 View Post
Sorry to hear this Moocow. Suggest you write a letter to explain your family needs and plead leniency. Do it asap before they formalise it. Going legal should not be your first course of action.
Unsure if its the same in Vic but in NSW 30km and over needs to go to court to try to get leniency even if you have a clean driving record.

When I was young got done for 30 and over many times on the bike. 4 points $450 and no automatic loss of license. Now its 3 Months in NSW or even worse 6 months in Victoria is just insane.

Such a nanny state.
Gumball is offline   Australia
      01-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #24
TS135i
piggy in the mirror

Drives: 2013 6MT 135i

I couldn't live in such a nanny state, although Sydney isn't too far behind.
TS135i is offline   Australia
      01-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #25
pavo335
Banned

Drives: 3.5 wheeler

I am surprised no one has pointed out the obvious. You were doing 40 over the limit AND got caught. I say suck it up princess and in future if you want to be a hoon go to the track
      01-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #26
Moocow
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
I am surprised no one has pointed out the obvious. You were doing 40 over the limit AND got caught. I say suck it up princess and in future if you want to be a hoon go to the track
read initial post - no one has posted useless contributing replies, as I asked for that not to happen.

I have never disputed what I have done, I merely seek advice from other that might have gone through a similar situation.
2009 135i M Sport | Cobb AP w/ PTF Tune | BMS DCI | VRSF 3" Catless Downpipes | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMW Performance Exhaust | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | Sunroof | Kerscher CF Splitter | BMW Performance Gear Knob | Black Gloss Kidneys | CF Rear Diffuser | Blackline LCI Tail lights | 18" VMR V710 matte black | BMW M3 Front Sway Bar | ST Coilovers | Aluminium M-Sport Pedals | Angel Eyes | CF Interior wrap | BMS OCC | Tune2Air |
Moocow is offline   Australia
      01-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #27
Knightelf
Captain

Drives: 2011 135i SGM DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
pavo such a shit stirrer
Knightelf is offline   Australia
      01-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #28
pavo335
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moocow
Quote:
read initial post - no one has posted useless contributing replies, as I asked for that not to happen.

I have never disputed what I have done, I merely seek advice from other that might have gone through a similar situation.
So if you can do the crime then man up and do the time. Not like you were just over or anything but 40 over. Kinda like me getting picked up pissed as and saying ohhhh please I didn't mean to down those 12 beers...
      01-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #29
Blauweisser
Private First Class

Drives: 125i M-Sport

For those who think that speeding isn't such a big deal, consider this: the kinetic energy of a moving body is equal to half the mass of the body times the square of the velocity. Comparing a car travelling at 100 km/h and 140 km/h, the car travelling at 140 km/h has nearly twice as much kinetic energy (actually 1.96 times) as when travelling at 100 km/h. That means in a collision, twice as much destructive energy can be transferred to the car and its occupants, other vehicles and their occupants, or to other objects. You've seen the TV news, so you know this is real.

This is of course quite separate to the increase in stopping distance should you have to brake, and other considerations such as the condition of the road itself.

Concerning the first point, we were travelling on the Bruce Highway north of Brisbane yesterday. There's a section in the 110 km/h zone where chevron's (V's) have been marked on the road, with signs recommending you keep two chevrons distance between you and the next car to allow safe stopping. Trouble is, when we tried that, there was always some moron who would dive in.

Concerning that second point, I don't think that there's a public road in Australia where it's safe to travel at more than 110 km/h. Even the best roads here are goat tracks compared to those in Europe.

If you want to drive fast, buy a crash helmet and go to track days at your local raceway.
      01-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #30
Moocow
Second Lieutenant

Garage List
2009 135i  [4.50]
Quote:
So if you can do the crime then man up and do the time. Not like you were just over or anything but 40 over. Kinda like me getting picked up pissed as and saying ohhhh please I didn't mean to down those 12 beers...
there always has to be one smart arse f#$kwit - if you don't have anything to actually contribute that is of any use - then don't bother. Troll
2009 135i M Sport | Cobb AP w/ PTF Tune | BMS DCI | VRSF 3" Catless Downpipes | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMW Performance Exhaust | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | Sunroof | Kerscher CF Splitter | BMW Performance Gear Knob | Black Gloss Kidneys | CF Rear Diffuser | Blackline LCI Tail lights | 18" VMR V710 matte black | BMW M3 Front Sway Bar | ST Coilovers | Aluminium M-Sport Pedals | Angel Eyes | CF Interior wrap | BMS OCC | Tune2Air |
      01-03-2013, 01:53 AM   #31
pavo335
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
there always has to be one smart arse f#$kwit - if you don't have anything to actually contribute that is of any use - then don't bother. Troll
LMFAO blow me, oh and next time you put the keys in the ignition try to be responsible

Oh hang on I forgot your a cry baby and I bet its ya mates fault you stomped on the loud pedal :

Seriously if you were a man you would take responsibility for your actions, but from your comments I am guessing that is a long way off.
      01-03-2013, 03:02 AM   #32
Gumball
Captain

Pavo, u never floored it on the road? If you never ever have done a 3rd gear pull to log etc well then you have the right to be a critic but if not it could be u next...... 2nd gear to redline is 30 and over in our fine city's many 4 lane 50 zones.
      01-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #33
pavo335
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumball
Pavo, u never floored it on the road? If you never ever have done a 3rd gear pull to log etc well then you have the right to be a critic but if not it could be u next...... 2nd gear to redline is 30 and over in our fine city's many 4 lane 50 zones.
Yep I have absolutely, BUT if I got caught "on a country road" I'd man up and take my medicine. Not squeal and blame everyone else
      01-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #34
Gumball
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumball
Yep I have absolutely, BUT if I got caught "on a country road" I'd man up and take my medicine. Not squeal and blame everyone else
True but I understand the ops need to drive for his family. Agree with a licence loss for 45kmh + but 30+ is harsh.
      01-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #35
Ian///M
Major General

Drives: 1M

Pav can't read OPs very well

He really wants a 1 series beast too with a proper MT

Last edited by Ian///M; 01-03-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Ian///M is offline   No_Country
      01-03-2013, 03:57 AM   #36
sharkatron
First Lieutenant

Drives: `09 135i

Only thing is the OP is not blaming anyone but himself - just looking for options in his predicament. I don't really think you can blame anyone but yourself for speeding.
sharkatron is offline   Australia
      01-03-2013, 04:05 AM   #37
pavo335
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M

Pav can't read OPs very well

He really wants a 1 series beast too with a proper MT
How ya doin saffa? Still sore huh?
      01-03-2013, 04:14 AM   #38
Ian///M
Major General

Quote:
Who wouldn't be, I told u to use lubricant

Seriously Pav, read the fucking OP before you spread your verbal diarrhoea.... Oh and buy a E82
      01-03-2013, 04:21 AM   #39
pavo335
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Who wouldn't be, I told u to use lubricant

Seriously Pav, read the fucking OP before you spread your verbal diarrhoea.... Oh and buy a E82
So if it was your wife an kids coming the other way and the OP hit them you'd still have the same view :

I don't give a shit what the op says and why should I. He openly admitted he was doing 40 over the limit and is crying he got caught.

If you condone his actions then your a fool as well.
      01-03-2013, 04:24 AM   #40
Moocow
Second Lieutenant

Garage List
2009 135i  [4.50]
Quote:
I haven't squealed or blamed anyone else! I am 100% at fault - I have not denied this.

All that i am doing is trying to work out what options I have, if there are options available I'd like to lessen the pain that this will cause to my wife and young children.
      01-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #41
Ian///M
Major General

Quote:
So if it was your wife an kids coming the other way and the OP hit them you'd still have the same view :

I don't give a shit what the op says and why should I. He openly admitted he was doing 40 over the limit and is crying he got caught.

He's not looking for sympathy Pav, he's asking how he can pay his dues and get on with his life. No one is condoning speeding in this thread

I'm pretty sure that I've seen you doing over 40 outside Advan, so don't act all fucking righteous here... Or do u only use the tune and meth on the track?
      01-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #42
pavo335
Banned

Quote:
Quote:

He's not looking for sympathy Pav, he's asking how he can pay his dues and get on with his life. No one is condoning speeding in this thread

I'm pretty sure that I've seen you doing over 40 outside Advan, so don't act all fucking righteous here... Or do u only use the tune and meth on the track?
Well if he wants to pay his dues then "suck it up princess" and get the bus
      01-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #43
pavo335
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
I haven't squealed or blamed anyone else! I am 100% at fault - I have not denied this.

All that i am doing is trying to work out what options I have, if there are options available I'd like to lessen the pain that this will cause to my wife and young children.
Does she actually know?
      01-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #44
Ian///M
Major General

Quote:
Well if he wants to pay his dues then "suck it up princess" and get the bus
They use trams in Melbourne