BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #111
sparoz
Brigadier General
 
sparoz's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
You haven't asked the first reserve to respond to anything, that's why you haven't heard from him!
Lol. Is the first reserve keen to come along? I have given your name to them as a first reserve too. I am sure they would have your number.

10/12 has been confirmed. TimMc is still sorting out his diary and from past experience on his show rate on BMW Qld Club meets he would probably a late drop out and gazz has gone awol, but as I understand he is away at the moment.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
sparoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #112
sparoz
Brigadier General
 
sparoz's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

As Langham hasn't got the required number of rooms, I have also made an executive decision with the Sofitel - as they have reasonable Club Room rates so we have a place to gather. I am waiting on their reply with a few small requests, but once confirmed I will give you guys a group code to book. (Also #3 on tripadvisor if that matters :P)
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
sparoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #113
WAY
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Fast ones
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 4,027
iTrader: (0)

10th of dec??? Or did you mean 10/2?

Sofitel is a good hotel in the heart of the city btw.
WAY is online now   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #114
sparoz
Brigadier General
 
sparoz's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
10th of dec??? Or did you mean 10/2?

Sofitel is a good hotel in the heart of the city btw.
The drive day is on 8/2/2013. I meant 10 out of 12 people has been confirmed.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
sparoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #115
WAY
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Fast ones
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 4,027
iTrader: (0)

Ok I'm in if one if the two outstanding people pull out.
WAY is online now   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #116
jaffa12
Major
 
Drives: 1M, M235i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sydney

Posts: 1,479
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
They called me today Donald.

Call them if you like 1800 000 269
Thanks John.
I had a missed blocked call today. Probably them. Will give them a call.
__________________
|Donald|e30is|e46|e46m|r32|e82m|amg45|f22|
jaffa12 is online now   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #117
Smiley1175
Captain
 
Smiley1175's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 675
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa12 View Post
Thanks John.
I had a missed blocked call today. Probably them. Will give them a call.
Came up as a Blocked number when they called me. I also missed their call but Kirsten left a message for me to call back.
Smiley1175 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #118
jaffa12
Major
 
Drives: 1M, M235i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sydney

Posts: 1,479
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
Came up as a Blocked number when they called me. I also missed their call but Kirsten left a message for me to call back.
cool thanks. will call tomorrow.
__________________
|Donald|e30is|e46|e46m|r32|e82m|amg45|f22|
jaffa12 is online now   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #119
gazz
///Mbassador
 
gazz's Avatar
 
Drives: The horse I fell off
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gold Coast Australia

Posts: 1,077
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Ok I'm in if one if the two outstanding people pull out.
You may be in luck. PM Steve.
gazz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #120
sparoz
Brigadier General
 
sparoz's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Ok I'm in if one if the two outstanding people pull out.
No worries Way . Gazz unfortunately can't make it. Can you PM me your email and phone number? Although I would imagine they would have that details. .
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
sparoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #121
sparoz
Brigadier General
 
sparoz's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Sofitel Booking Details

Please contact Lauren Wood at Sofitel on 03 96530000 for the booking of the rooms. Unfortunately, they canít really hold the rates for us nor give us free parking, but this still gives us the best rates with club access. Other hotels are asking $400+ for club rooms.

I have arranged club rooms so that we can have sanctuary for gathering with free drinks/food. Rates are $295 for the Club King room and $340 with the corner room. Suites are available at a higher rate and there are some really good deals at the moment.

Please mentioned that you are booking in the BMW Drive Day Group and attach the booking details and so our rooms will be on the same floor.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
sparoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #122
sparoz
Brigadier General
 
sparoz's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Also a reminder that anyone hold a black/plat card can enroll in the Le Club Accorhotels with Plat/Gold benefits. IIRC it is online enrolment and you get your number straight away so make sure you do that before booking.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
sparoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #123
oystero
Lieutenant
 
Drives: AW 1M, E90 320d
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Hey Steve,
You now have a course named after you. Plus it's a pre-req for the fascination course too
Attached Images
 
oystero is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #124
sparoz
Brigadier General
 
sparoz's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Please contact Lauren Wood at Sofitel on 03 96530000 for the booking of the rooms. Unfortunately, they canít really hold the rates for us nor give us free parking, but this still gives us the best rates with club access. Other hotels are asking $400+ for club rooms.

I have arranged club rooms so that we can have sanctuary for gathering with free drinks/food. Rates are $295 for the Club King room and $340 with the corner room. Suites are available at a higher rate and there are some really good deals at the moment.

Please mentioned that you are booking in the BMW Drive Day Group and attach the booking details and so our rooms will be on the same floor.
Alpine just tried to book, and rates unfortunately was for 1 adult from 7-9th only. So, looks like any variation might change the price. If things doesn't sound right, just have the website open and check the price. If you book through the website, just make a comment that you are staying with the group.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
sparoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #125
sparoz
Brigadier General
 
sparoz's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oystero View Post
Hey Steve,
You now have a course named after you. Plus it's a pre-req for the fascination course too
I feel privileged.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
sparoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #126
sparoz
Brigadier General
 
sparoz's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Okay, I have sent an update through email, and had a quick chat to Alpine and we should really start organising dinner .

Can I get some quick numbers here who is coming to dinner on Thursday and Friday? Others are quite welcome and I will just need numbers. I thought best to do it the forum way since we are so good at it - just keep editing this post. Also, please nominate your restaurant.

sparoz - Thursday x 1, Friday x 1 Rockpool Bar & Grill
Alpine - Thursday x 2, Friday x ? The Atlantic
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
sparoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 03:03 AM   #127
oystero
Lieutenant
 
Drives: AW 1M, E90 320d
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Can I get some quick numbers here who is coming to dinner on Thursday and Friday? Others are quite welcome and I will just need numbers. I thought best to do it the forum way since we are so good at it - just keep editing this post. Also, please nominate your restaurant.
Thurs x1, Fri x?, I am fine to go along with any of the restaurants the group is comfortable with.

An alternative for Friday could be Garage Cafe (http://garagecafe.com.au/) so that other Melb 1addicts can meet up (easy parking)? Only snag is whether the cuisine suits the group

Else, we can nominate Saturday breakfast catch up at Albert Park (The Point) with them
oystero is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 04:22 AM   #128
sparoz
Brigadier General
 
sparoz's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Okay, I have sent an update through email, and had a quick chat to Alpine and we should really start organising dinner .

Can I get some quick numbers here who is coming to dinner on Thursday and Friday? Others are quite welcome and I will just need numbers. I thought best to do it the forum way since we are so good at it - just keep editing this post. Also, please nominate your restaurant.
sparoz - Thursday x 1, Friday x 1 Rockpool Bar & Grill
Alpine - Thursday x 2, Friday x ? The Atlantic
Oystero - Thursday x 1, Friday x ?
Jaffa12 (Donald) - Thursday x1, Friday x1
Way - Thursday x ?, Friday x?

Just bumping this
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com

Last edited by sparoz; 01-14-2013 at 02:08 AM.
sparoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 04:59 AM   #129
jaffa12
Major
 
Drives: 1M, M235i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sydney

Posts: 1,479
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
sparoz - Thursday x 1, Friday x 1 Rockpool Bar & Grill
Alpine - Thursday x 2, Friday x ? The Atlantic
Oystero - Thursday x 1, Friday x ?
Jaffa12 (Donald) - Thursday x1, Friday x1
It would be lovely to catch up with as many of the Melbourne members as possible, whether at Philip Island, Thu dinner, Fri dinner or Saturday.

Meat for dinner would be nice
__________________
|Donald|e30is|e46|e46m|r32|e82m|amg45|f22|
jaffa12 is online now   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 05:03 AM   #130
sparoz
Brigadier General
 
sparoz's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa12 View Post
It would be lovely to catch up with as many of the Melbourne members as possible, whether at Philip Island, Thu dinner, Fri dinner or Saturday.

Meat for dinner would be nice
Any other suggestions for Meat? Sounds like the Crown is your playground.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
sparoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #131
jaffa12
Major
 
Drives: 1M, M235i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sydney

Posts: 1,479
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Any other suggestions for Meat? Sounds like the Crown is your playground.
any food place with meat would be good no casino for me just stay where company has arrangements. if the rest of the group are mostly staying at one place, i will join in. easier to have a few drinks without having to drive back to hotel.

i also need to pay tomorrow.
__________________
|Donald|e30is|e46|e46m|r32|e82m|amg45|f22|

Last edited by jaffa12; 01-09-2013 at 06:25 AM.
jaffa12 is online now   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #132
timbo_3101
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 443
iTrader: (0)

The weekend of 9-10th February coincidentally has two events on:
PIARC round 1 at PI
AROCA round 1 at Winton

For those bringing vehicles, this might be a relevant consideration, and an unexpected opportunity
timbo_3101 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST