BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
 
Rikx1M's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #739/740
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alabama

Posts: 1,650
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Winter mods...

help keep us sane when the weather sucks here in D-land...this was a nice cheery site on a dreary Thursday...what kind of mods are you guys planning?
Attached Images
 
__________________
Rikx1M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
gs/e60/1m?
Major
 
gs/e60/1m?'s Avatar
 
Drives: a 1///M Schlümpf
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium

Posts: 1,214
iTrader: (0)

Let me guess.....calipers are all prepped and ready to be installed?

My wheells are at the shop to be repainted
gs/e60/1m? is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
That_1_Guy
Captain
 
That_1_Guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kansas City, Kansas

Posts: 865
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
...what kind of mods are you guys planning?


Saturday will be a busy day of installing Flex Fuel wires, BMS Angel Eye LED's, and the BMS OCC.

Haven't even asked Nick if I could ask for a hand for the OCC yet lol. Thanks for reminding me!
__________________
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
That_1_Guy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
RimasRS
Colonel
 
RimasRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i MT 2009 AW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (0)

Nice is it heat resistant?

P.S.
Anybody know what is the part number of the engine cover?
RimasRS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
 
Elsabor67's Avatar
 
Drives: La Jeva ;-)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stuttgart, Ge :-)

Posts: 2,548
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2009 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_1_Guy View Post
Saturday will be a busy day of installing Flex Fuel wires, BMS Angel Eye LED's, and the BMS OCC.

Haven't even asked Nick if I could ask for a hand for the OCC yet lol. Thanks for reminding me!
Let me seew what the wife has planned on saturday. I plan on installing my new spoiler on Saturday or Sunday. I'm also waiting on my OCC.
__________________

Quote from Ezeedee regarding car mods:
"you're only done when you sell the car "
Elsabor67 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
 
Rikx1M's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #739/740
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alabama

Posts: 1,650
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_1_Guy View Post
Saturday will be a busy day of installing Flex Fuel wires, BMS Angel Eye LED's, and the BMS OCC.
I installed the BMS LEDs and the trick to keeping that pile of spaghetti together and out of the way was to put velcro on the larger capaciter or resister, attach it to the middle of the cover going Rt > Lt on the left light and Lt > Rt on the right light, then leave a couple of wires disconnected from the light and small heat sink...put the cover on at the two tangs at the "bottom" and then plug the wires together and tuck into the inboard side...not outboard where the wires could interfere with the adaptive lights...I think BMS should have done a bit more R&D as all the wires and heavy little metal things are a PITA. Double check your seal with a mirror..

Let me know how your OCC goes as I'm still waiting to do mine...
Attached Images
  
__________________
Rikx1M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
 
Rikx1M's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #739/740
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alabama

Posts: 1,650
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m? View Post
Let me guess.....calipers are all prepped and ready to be installed?

My wheells are at the shop to be repainted
Calipers are done but doing an extra couple of days to dry better. What color you painting the rims?
__________________
Rikx1M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
 
Elsabor67's Avatar
 
Drives: La Jeva ;-)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stuttgart, Ge :-)

Posts: 2,548
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2009 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Calipers are done but doing an extra couple of days to dry better. What color you painting the rims?
When do you want to do the brakes?
__________________

Quote from Ezeedee regarding car mods:
"you're only done when you sell the car "
Elsabor67 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
gs/e60/1m?
Major
 
gs/e60/1m?'s Avatar
 
Drives: a 1///M Schlümpf
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium

Posts: 1,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Calipers are done but doing an extra couple of days to dry better. What color you painting the rims?
Some kind of anthracite by BMW they should be "fertig" by the W.E.
gs/e60/1m? is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #10
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
 
Rikx1M's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #739/740
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alabama

Posts: 1,650
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
When do you want to do the brakes?
Actually never done brakes on this kind of car...especially as deep as replacing disks and calipers....as my life depends on me stopping, I think I'll let my garage do it...thanks though
__________________
Rikx1M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #11
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
 
Elsabor67's Avatar
 
Drives: La Jeva ;-)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stuttgart, Ge :-)

Posts: 2,548
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2009 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Actually never done brakes on this kind of car...especially as deep as replacing disks and calipers....as my life depends on me stopping, I think I'll let my garage do it...thanks though
No problem man. Just offering since they only thing I don't have is a lift at home.

Everything else, to include the pressure bleeder, I have.
__________________

Quote from Ezeedee regarding car mods:
"you're only done when you sell the car "
Elsabor67 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #12
That_1_Guy
Captain
 
That_1_Guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kansas City, Kansas

Posts: 865
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
I installed the BMS LEDs and the trick to keeping that pile of spaghetti together and out of the way was to put velcro on the larger capaciter or resister, attach it to the middle of the cover going Rt > Lt on the left light and Lt > Rt on the right light, then leave a couple of wires disconnected from the light and small heat sink...put the cover on at the two tangs at the "bottom" and then plug the wires together and tuck into the inboard side...not outboard where the wires could interfere with the adaptive lights...I think BMS should have done a bit more R&D as all the wires and heavy little metal things are a PITA. Double check your seal with a mirror..

Let me know how your OCC goes as I'm still waiting to do mine...


Thanks for all the insight man, some good advice right there, should help out. I will keep you posted on how the OCC turns out, from the sound of it, it should be easier than the lights lol
__________________
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
That_1_Guy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,987
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
Let me seew what the wife has planned on saturday. I plan on installing my new spoiler on Saturday or Sunday. I'm also waiting on my OCC.
I think going(back) to IKEA with the Mrs's is in your future Nick!
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #14
That_1_Guy
Captain
 
That_1_Guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kansas City, Kansas

Posts: 865
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
Let me seew what the wife has planned on saturday. I plan on installing my new spoiler on Saturday or Sunday. I'm also waiting on my OCC.
Let me know whichever day is better if you wanna give me a hand, I'll help you with the spoiler, and we can knock out the OCC so you can get a handle for the BMS version. I have heard it's decently easy.
__________________
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
That_1_Guy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #15
135i OREO
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spangdahlem, Germany

Posts: 411
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Upgrading my brakes. Hawk HP+, BMW Performace Rotors (havent ordered yet), ER brake lines, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid. And I still have my OCC, pedals, and matte black 135i badge to install. I've had those for a while though, lol.
__________________
2009 BSM 135i 6MT /// JB4 /// BERK Street Axle Back /// BMS DCI/// HPF FMIC /// ER Charge Pipe /// HKS SSQV 4 /// AR Downpipes ///Scopione Splitters /// Blackline LCI Tail Lights/// Cusco Strut Brace /// E93 M3 Front Sway Bar ///Matte black grills /// Intake scoops /// LUX V3 /// Demon eyes /// CF Bits
135i OREO is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 02:44 AM   #16
smellthebeans
Major
 
smellthebeans's Avatar
 
Drives: LPCs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California Central Coast

Posts: 1,494
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 328i Coupe  [0.00]
1990 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i OREO View Post
Upgrading my brakes. Hawk HP+, BMW Performace Rotors (havent ordered yet), ER brake lines, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid. And I still have my OCC, pedals, and matte black 135i badge to install. I've had those for a while though, lol.
Wow this (brake updates) sounds good for any car. Let us know how it feels when your done.
__________________
smellthebeans is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 02:49 AM   #17
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
 
Elsabor67's Avatar
 
Drives: La Jeva ;-)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stuttgart, Ge :-)

Posts: 2,548
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2009 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_1_Guy View Post
Let me know whichever day is better if you wanna give me a hand, I'll help you with the spoiler, and we can knock out the OCC so you can get a handle for the BMS version. I have heard it's decently easy.
I think Sunday afternoon will be best since I also forgot Sabrina has a Eye doctor checkup on saturday. I'll give you a call later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I think going(back) to IKEA with the Mrs's is in your future Nick!
David, please don't jinx me
__________________

Quote from Ezeedee regarding car mods:
"you're only done when you sell the car "
Elsabor67 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 05:57 AM   #18
That_1_Guy
Captain
 
That_1_Guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kansas City, Kansas

Posts: 865
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [5.00]
Sounds good brother.
__________________
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
That_1_Guy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #19
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
 
Elsabor67's Avatar
 
Drives: La Jeva ;-)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stuttgart, Ge :-)

Posts: 2,548
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2009 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_1_Guy
Sounds good brother.
My occ came in so Sunday afternoon around 2pm will work.
__________________

Quote from Ezeedee regarding car mods:
"you're only done when you sell the car "
Elsabor67 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #20
FOACAD
Airborne!
 
FOACAD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 AW/CR 135i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany

Posts: 518
iTrader: (0)

58 days until my flight out of here!!1 GAHHH!!! Threads like these are killing meeeeee!!!!!!
FOACAD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #21
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
 
Elsabor67's Avatar
 
Drives: La Jeva ;-)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stuttgart, Ge :-)

Posts: 2,548
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2009 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
58 days until my flight out of here!!1 GAHHH!!! Threads like these are killing meeeeee!!!!!!
Don't worry, we'll make sure you are setup and ready to go with all the stuff you got.

Remember, only thing I don't have at home is a lift That's what jackstands are for.
__________________

Quote from Ezeedee regarding car mods:
"you're only done when you sell the car "
Elsabor67 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #22
That_1_Guy
Captain
 
That_1_Guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kansas City, Kansas

Posts: 865
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
Don't worry, we'll make sure you are setup and ready to go with all the stuff you got.

Remember, only thing I don't have at home is a lift That's what jackstands are for.


We can have a "Welcome Back" install party with plenty of beer!
__________________
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
That_1_Guy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST