BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
Gary@TireRack
Moderator
 
Gary@TireRack's Avatar
 
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South Bend, IN, Tire Rack HQ

Posts: 4,382
iTrader: (2)

Dunlop Direzza ZII Introductory Track Drive!

Before we get into all the marketing and specs, here's how the Direzza Z2 tested against the model it replaced, the Z1 Star Spec.


Most impressive, indeed!



The Direzza ZII is Dunlop's Extreme Performance Summer tire developed for serious sports car, sports coupe and performance sedan enthusiasts looking for race tire-like traction on the street or for use in autocross, drifting and track events. Designed for drivers who want Dunlopís highest level of traction and handling in warm and dry conditions, Direzza ZII tires are not intended to be driven through snow, on ice or in near-freezing temperatures.



Direzza ZIIís high-grip tread compound is molded into a directional design with a continuous center rib flanked by massive shoulders that form a highly rigid tread that delivers high levels of dry grip and handling while promoting uniform tire temperatures and even wear across the tread. Two wide circumferential center grooves channel water through the center of the tread design while angled independent grooves help direct water to the sides of the footprint to enhance wet traction.



The Direzza ZII features Dunlopís True Circle Profile that distributes tire deflection forces along the sidewall to provide more control by better communicating tire performance limits to the driver. Its internal structure includes JointLess Band (JLB) Technology that spirally winds polyamide cord over the two wide steel belts to promote strength, uniform ride quality and high-speed capability. Two-ply polyester sidewalls help resist lateral deflection to provide responsive handling and cornering stability.



pricing (subject to change) and sizes:
185/60R14 $129.00
195/50R15 $125.00
195/55R15 $120.00
205/50R15 $114.00
205/50R16 $138.00
205/55R16 $140.00
225/45R16 $134.00
225/50R16 $145.00
205/45R17 $174.00
215/40R17 $167.00
215/45R17 $153.00
225/45R17 $164.00
235/40R17 $194.00
235/45R17 $169.00
245/40R17 $184.00
245/45R17 $179.00
255/40R17 $184.00
225/40R18 $199.00
225/45R18 $213.00
235/40R18 $228.00
245/40R18 $228.00
255/35R18 $268.00
265/35R18 $277.00
275/35R18 $287.00
285/30R18 $319.00
245/40R19 $248.00
275/35R19 $315.00






The first shipment, which unfortunately will not include every size, of the new Direzza Z2 is scheduled to arrive in our facility the week of January 14th.



Contact me directly with any questions.
__________________
Gary
Tire and Wheel Forum Moderator. Tire Rack Sales Rep
Gary@Tirerack.com
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AH8&url=index.jsp

Please refer to 'Gary' as your previous contact when you order online.
Gary@TireRack is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

Looks great! It's between these and the RE-11s for next season AutoX/DD duty.
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
MMisencik157
Private
 
Drives: Manual
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pleasanton/Chico

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
Looks great! It's between these and the RE-11s for next season AutoX/DD duty.
Considering that the Z1 star spec is faster than the RE-11 and the ZII is faster than the Z1 star spec... seems like a no brainer. Also if you do want RE-11s I suggest you wait until march when the new version (RE-11A) arrives in the US.
After a conversation with one of the guys testing and giving feedback for the RE-11A Im pretty excited for its release.

http://www.prima-racing.com/the-new-...k-s2000-irene/

Also looking forward to how the new generation of extreme performance summer tires stacks up once they're all released.
MMisencik157 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
bimmer Don
Private
 
Drives: 2012 135i m sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san berdardino

Posts: 93
iTrader: (0)

I'm curious if these run wider or the same size as the z1 star specs
bimmer Don is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
1speedbike
Colonel
 
1speedbike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore

Posts: 2,934
iTrader: (15)

I'm wondering how long these last compared to the old star specs. The only thing that kept me away from them was that they're worn down in just a few months. Then again, my old hankooks wore down in one summer, and my yokohamas weren't much better. I would run these if they came out in more sizes for 19" wheels by the summer, since I guess I'm not going to get more than a summer out of any set of tires I get...
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
1speedbike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FahrvergnŁgen

Posts: 9,830
iTrader: (0)

Andre. I have two summers on my star specs and theyre barely worn.

Ill be looking I to these once my z1s finally wear down.
__________________
BrokenVert is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
blutattoo
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 375
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMisencik157 View Post
Considering that the Z1 star spec is faster than the RE-11 and the ZII is faster than the Z1 star spec... seems like a no brainer. Also if you do want RE-11s I suggest you wait until march when the new version (RE-11A) arrives in the US.
After a conversation with one of the guys testing and giving feedback for the RE-11A Im pretty excited for its release.

http://www.prima-racing.com/the-new-...k-s2000-irene/

Also looking forward to how the new generation of extreme performance summer tires stacks up once they're all released.
Ummm, where did you hear that the Dunlop's were faster than the RE-11's? I haven't seen any tests suggesting such a thing. Tire rack did a comparo of 9 different tires but didn't include the RE-11's and the lower rated S-04's finished second in that comparison and the Z1's finished 8th out of 9 tires. If the RE-11's were included stands to reason they would have finished even higher. The Z1's may be really good for auto-x, but on the track I've found the RE-11's and PSS's to be quite a bit quicker.

Here is the link to the story.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

I haven't personally tried all of those tires, but the RE-11's have been the quickest I've tried on the track so far.
blutattoo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
blutattoo
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 375
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill@Tirerack.com View Post
Before we get into all the marketing and specs, here's how the Direzza Z2 tested against the model it replaced, the Z1 Star Spec.


Most impressive, indeed!



The Direzza ZII is Dunlop's Extreme Performance Summer tire developed for serious sports car, sports coupe and performance sedan enthusiasts looking for race tire-like traction on the street or for use in autocross, drifting and track events. Designed for drivers who want Dunlopís highest level of traction and handling in warm and dry conditions, Direzza ZII tires are not intended to be driven through snow, on ice or in near-freezing temperatures.



Direzza ZIIís high-grip tread compound is molded into a directional design with a continuous center rib flanked by massive shoulders that form a highly rigid tread that delivers high levels of dry grip and handling while promoting uniform tire temperatures and even wear across the tread. Two wide circumferential center grooves channel water through the center of the tread design while angled independent grooves help direct water to the sides of the footprint to enhance wet traction.



The Direzza ZII features Dunlopís True Circle Profile that distributes tire deflection forces along the sidewall to provide more control by better communicating tire performance limits to the driver. Its internal structure includes JointLess Band (JLB) Technology that spirally winds polyamide cord over the two wide steel belts to promote strength, uniform ride quality and high-speed capability. Two-ply polyester sidewalls help resist lateral deflection to provide responsive handling and cornering stability.



pricing (subject to change) and sizes:
185/60R14 $129.00
195/50R15 $125.00
195/55R15 $120.00
205/50R15 $114.00
205/50R16 $138.00
205/55R16 $140.00
225/45R16 $134.00
225/50R16 $145.00
205/45R17 $174.00
215/40R17 $167.00
215/45R17 $153.00
225/45R17 $164.00
235/40R17 $194.00
235/45R17 $169.00
245/40R17 $184.00
245/45R17 $179.00
255/40R17 $184.00
225/40R18 $199.00
225/45R18 $213.00
235/40R18 $228.00
245/40R18 $228.00
255/35R18 $268.00
265/35R18 $277.00
275/35R18 $287.00
285/30R18 $319.00
245/40R19 $248.00
275/35R19 $315.00






The first shipment, which unfortunately will not include every size, of the new Direzza Z2 is scheduled to arrive in our facility the week of January 14th.



Contact me directly with any questions.
Maybe it's time for a new test comparison with the RE-11's, PSS's, Yoko's, and RS-3's.
blutattoo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #9
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutattoo View Post
Ummm, where did you hear that the Dunlop's were faster than the RE-11's? I haven't seen any tests suggesting such a thing. Tire rack did a comparo of 9 different tires but didn't include the RE-11's and the lower rated S-04's finished second in that comparison and the Z1's finished 8th out of 9 tires. If the RE-11's were included stands to reason they would have finished even higher. The Z1's may be really good for auto-x, but on the track I've found the RE-11's and PSS's to be quite a bit quicker.

Here is the link to the story.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

I haven't personally tried all of those tires, but the RE-11's have been the quickest I've tried on the track so far.
This is what i was going to say. Its hard to call 1 tire "faster" than another without some serious test data.
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
bimmer Don
Private
 
Drives: 2012 135i m sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san berdardino

Posts: 93
iTrader: (0)

Grass roots motor sports mag in there auto x tire test show the re 11s were faster then the z1. The rs3 ran 55.7 ado8s ran 56.1, Re11s ran 56.2 then the z1 ran 56.6. Plus don't forget about the new re11A could be very fast also
bimmer Don is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
1speedbike
Colonel
 
1speedbike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore

Posts: 2,934
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Andre. I have two summers on my star specs and theyre barely worn.

Ill be looking I to these once my z1s finally wear down.
WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?

Don't they have like a 200 treadwear rating? Hankooks have like a 280 or 300 and it took me from april to september to wear them bald. The fronts had like 3/32" , 4/32", and the backs were below 2/32". I didn't THINK I drove like a maniac... matt do you drive like a granny? Haha. It was maybe 10-12K miles that I did that summer
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
1speedbike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #12
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?

Don't they have like a 200 treadwear rating? Hankooks have like a 280 or 300 and it took me from april to september to wear them bald. The fronts had like 3/32" , 4/32", and the backs were below 2/32". I didn't THINK I drove like a maniac... matt do you drive like a granny? Haha. It was maybe 10-12K miles that I did that summer
The treadwear rating is not universalized. It varies from brand to brand what each one means. A 200 in Dunlop may not be the same as a 200 in Michelin tires.
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #13
1speedbike
Colonel
 
1speedbike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore

Posts: 2,934
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
The treadwear rating is not universalized. It varies from brand to brand what each one means. A 200 in Dunlop may not be the same as a 200 in Michelin tires.
Then why is it called the "Uniform Tire Quality Grade"? I always thought it was established by the DOT, and the treadwear ratings were determined by driving on a government road course specifically to compare different tires/different brands comparative longevity.

I'm by no means trying to argue or claim you're wrong. It's just what I was always taught / led to believe...
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
1speedbike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #14
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Then why is it called the "Uniform Tire Quality Grade"? I always thought it was established by the DOT, and the treadwear ratings were determined by driving on a government road course specifically to compare different tires/different brands comparative longevity.

I'm by no means trying to argue or claim you're wrong. It's just what I was always taught / led to believe...
I was always under the understanding that it was actually not universal. I could be wrong.
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #15
bimmer Don
Private
 
Drives: 2012 135i m sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san berdardino

Posts: 93
iTrader: (0)

No each tire brand sets it it self. Tread rating will give you a idea but its different from brand to brand. Also a common mistake. Of using tread wear to see how much grip a tire had is wrong take the pss fir example. It's a 300 tread rating but grips damn there is hard as 140 tread rating tires and nothing with a 300 rating comes close to its grip
bimmer Don is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #16
1speedbike
Colonel
 
1speedbike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore

Posts: 2,934
iTrader: (15)

According to Tirerack:

Quote:
UTQG Treadwear Grades are based on actual road use in which the test tire is run in a vehicle convoy along with standardized Course Monitoring Tires. The vehicle repeatedly runs a prescribed 400-mile test loop in West Texas for a total of 7,200 miles. The vehicle can have its alignment set, air pressure checked and tires rotated every 800 miles. The test tire's and the Monitoring Tire's wear are measured during and at the conclusion of the test. The tire manufacturers then assign a Treadwear Grade based on the observed wear rates. The Course Monitoring Tire is assigned a grade and the test tire receives a grade indicating its relative treadwear. A grade of 100 would indicate that the tire tread would last as long as the test tire, 200 would indicate the tread would last twice as long, 300 would indicate three times as long, etc.

The problem with UTQG Treadwear Grades is that they are open to some interpretation on the part of the tire manufacturer because they are assigned after the tire has only experienced a little treadwear as it runs the 7,200 miles. This means that the tire manufacturers need to extrapolate their raw wear data when they are assigning Treadwear Grades, and that their grades can to some extent reflect how conservative or optimistic their marketing department is. Typically, comparing the Treadwear Grades of tire lines within a single brand is somewhat helpful, while attempting to compare the grades between different brands is not as helpful.
Looks like the idea started out being more along the lines that I was thinking, but you guys are right, since companies can finagle the facts to suit themselves better, and they use it for marketing.

However, I still honestly think that treadwears within 100 of each other should be "around the same" level of longevity. How much can the companies really bend the rules? The companies get fined if they are too liberal with their data analyses, and I don't expect Dunlop tires with a rating of 200 to really outlast my old Hankooks which had a 280 rating by over twice as much as Matt was saying. A discrepancy that big between the actual tire life and treadwear ratings just seems a little... too much.
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
1speedbike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #17
MMisencik157
Private
 
Drives: Manual
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pleasanton/Chico

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutattoo View Post
Ummm, where did you hear that the Dunlop's were faster than the RE-11's? I haven't seen any tests suggesting such a thing. Tire rack did a comparo of 9 different tires but didn't include the RE-11's and the lower rated S-04's finished second in that comparison and the Z1's finished 8th out of 9 tires. If the RE-11's were included stands to reason they would have finished even higher. The Z1's may be really good for auto-x, but on the track I've found the RE-11's and PSS's to be quite a bit quicker.

Here is the link to the story.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

I haven't personally tried all of those tires, but the RE-11's have been the quickest I've tried on the track so far.
All that test tells you is how the tires stack up their first auto x run hardly any heat in the tires. R-S3, Z1SS, RE-11, ect don't give you all of their grip until you get a good amount of heat in them whereas the S-04 and other max performance and UHP tires are giving their full grip at these lower temps. They need to run a test on a road course or for several consecutive auto x runs to truly compare the tires in a way most people who buy them are concerned with. The only reason the S-04s finished 2nd is because that test ranks tires overall which includes their road manners. I dont care how a tire ranks overall, I care about the raw dry performance numbers.

Also this kind of testing isn't very accurate in that every tire has a "sweet spot" and needs to have the car set up and pressures set specifically for that tire. These tests are done with the manufactures suggested cold pressures for the OEM tires and OEM alignment... not ideal. I know it will never be viable to test tires like this as it takes way too much time and effort but I just had to mention it.

The testing that Andrie Hartanto and his team have done with the Z1SS, RE-11, AD08, and R-S3 have led me to believe that the Z1SS is faster than the RE-11 (at least in the dry). Their testing has indicated that on a track (road course) the the R-S3 is hands down the fastest, then Z1SS, then RE-11, then AD08. In the wet the RE-11 is fastest and as a daily driver it is the best tire and lasts the longest. Results could vary as the compound may not be the same across the different tire sizes.
MMisencik157 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #18
blutattoo
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 375
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMisencik157 View Post
All that test tells you is how the tires stack up their first auto x run hardly any heat in the tires. R-S3, Z1SS, RE-11, ect don't give you all of their grip until you get a good amount of heat in them whereas the S-04 and other max performance and UHP tires are giving their full grip at these lower temps. They need to run a test on a road course or for several consecutive auto x runs to truly compare the tires in a way most people who buy them are concerned with. The only reason the S-04s finished 2nd is because that test ranks tires overall which includes their road manners. I dont care how a tire ranks overall, I care about the raw dry performance numbers.

Also this kind of testing isn't very accurate in that every tire has a "sweet spot" and needs to have the car set up and pressures set specifically for that tire. These tests are done with the manufactures suggested cold pressures for the OEM tires and OEM alignment... not ideal. I know it will never be viable to test tires like this as it takes way too much time and effort but I just had to mention it.

The testing that Andrie Hartanto and his team have done with the Z1SS, RE-11, AD08, and R-S3 have led me to believe that the Z1SS is faster than the RE-11 (at least in the dry). Their testing has indicated that on a track (road course) the the R-S3 is hands down the fastest, then Z1SS, then RE-11, then AD08. In the wet the RE-11 is fastest and as a daily driver it is the best tire and lasts the longest. Results could vary as the compound may not be the same across the different tire sizes.
I suppose to each his own, but I have a buddy who is a racing instructor at Exotics Racing in Vegas and they use the RE-11's over everything else on all of their track cars except for the Ferrari 458 which doesn't have a compatible size for the RE-11's. He says they have tested every type of tire and hands down they prefer the RE-11's due to their combination of grip, predictability, speed, and endurance. They could use any tire and they choose these even though they are the most expensive tire out there. They have them equipped on Lambo's, GTR's, Vette's, Porsche's, Aston's, Ferrari's, you name it. Not only that they are not sponsored by Bridgestone so they purchase them just like anyone else. That speaks volume's to me.

I have a set of both RS-3's and RE-11's equipped on Apex wheels and both are almost identical in performance on the track with the RE-11's having a slight edge while cold and the RS-3's having an edge when they are hot. In the middle they are just about even. I loved the feel of the PSS's best, but on high speed sweepers and under braking they just weren't anywhere near as good. I have the z1's on my e36 and they just don't compare on a track to any of these, but for auto-x or spec racing I'd take them over just about anything because the tread wear rating allows you to run them in a stock class. Maybe the new ones will be their equal who knows, but the old ones are just a notch below.
blutattoo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 03:07 AM   #19
MMisencik157
Private
 
Drives: Manual
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pleasanton/Chico

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutattoo View Post
I suppose to each his own, but I have a buddy who is a racing instructor at Exotics Racing in Vegas and they use the RE-11's over everything else on all of their track cars except for the Ferrari 458 which doesn't have a compatible size for the RE-11's. He says they have tested every type of tire and hands down they prefer the RE-11's due to their combination of grip, predictability, speed, and endurance. They could use any tire and they choose these even though they are the most expensive tire out there. They have them equipped on Lambo's, GTR's, Vette's, Porsche's, Aston's, Ferrari's, you name it. Not only that they are not sponsored by Bridgestone so they purchase them just like anyone else. That speaks volume's to me.

I have a set of both RS-3's and RE-11's equipped on Apex wheels and both are almost identical in performance on the track with the RE-11's having a slight edge while cold and the RS-3's having an edge when they are hot. In the middle they are just about even. I loved the feel of the PSS's best, but on high speed sweepers and under braking they just weren't anywhere near as good. I have the z1's on my e36 and they just don't compare on a track to any of these, but for auto-x or spec racing I'd take them over just about anything because the tread wear rating allows you to run them in a stock class. Maybe the new ones will be their equal who knows, but the old ones are just a notch below.
It doesn't surprise me that they use RE-11. I have them on one of my sets of wheels and they are a great tire, especially to learn on. They give a lot of audible feedback (screeching) so you know when you're getting close to the limit whereas my R-S3 don't make any noise until Im sliding. Like I said before the RE-11 outlast any of the others and are hands down the most friendly towards unexperienced drivers largely due to the audible feedback but also the predictability.

Also just to feed my curiosity... how old are the z1s on your e36 (date stamp)? and they are the z1 star specs not the regular z1 right?

On a side note, I see you're from Sacramento and head out to Thunderhill. When is your next track day? I may be out there this friday with Performance Technic and Im signed up for Feb 8 with NCRC. Hope to meet you out there soon!
MMisencik157 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #20
blutattoo
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 375
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMisencik157 View Post
It doesn't surprise me that they use RE-11. I have them on one of my sets of wheels and they are a great tire, especially to learn on. They give a lot of audible feedback (screeching) so you know when you're getting close to the limit whereas my R-S3 don't make any noise until Im sliding. Like I said before the RE-11 outlast any of the others and are hands down the most friendly towards unexperienced drivers largely due to the audible feedback but also the predictability.

Also just to feed my curiosity... how old are the z1s on your e36 (date stamp)? and they are the z1 star specs not the regular z1 right?

On a side note, I see you're from Sacramento and head out to Thunderhill. When is your next track day? I may be out there this friday with Performance Technic and Im signed up for Feb 8 with NCRC. Hope to meet you out there soon!
Hah, that's cool I'm with NCRC at Laguna Seca next weekend, well Monday anyways, and Thunderhill Feb 8th so I'll see you there. I love racing with NCRC. Cool guys and cheap fees. I think I'm in point by or open can't remember, but we could ride with each other when we are not on the track. Hopefully it won't rain on us.

I do have the Star Specs on my e36 they only have about 1500 miles on them since I don't drive the car that much in the winter they are still fairly new. I like them the best for auto-x since the tread wear is above 180 and they are way cheaper than the RE-11's. For auto-x I can't see them being much different so might as well spend less for the same performance. Plus I'm gonna cage and gut the car and the class I want to run only allows a tread wear rating of 200 or greater.
blutattoo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #21
MMisencik157
Private
 
Drives: Manual
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pleasanton/Chico

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutattoo View Post
Hah, that's cool I'm with NCRC at Laguna Seca next weekend, well Monday anyways, and Thunderhill Feb 8th so I'll see you there. I love racing with NCRC. Cool guys and cheap fees. I think I'm in point by or open can't remember, but we could ride with each other when we are not on the track. Hopefully it won't rain on us.

I do have the Star Specs on my e36 they only have about 1500 miles on them since I don't drive the car that much in the winter they are still fairly new. I like them the best for auto-x since the tread wear is above 180 and they are way cheaper than the RE-11's. For auto-x I can't see them being much different so might as well spend less for the same performance. Plus I'm gonna cage and gut the car and the class I want to run only allows a tread wear rating of 200 or greater.

Yup NCRC days are always fun. Ill make sure to find you and say hi on the 8th. Ill be in open so if you're in point by it would be great to do some ride alongs!
MMisencik157 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 10:56 PM   #22
Hops128i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 128i, manual, sport pkg
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland

Posts: 432
iTrader: (0)

are the ZII's symmetric?
__________________
2010 128i manual, sport package, performance exhaust, Vorshlag camber plates, 245/45/17 ZII square on et 40 with rolled rear fenders.
Hops128i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST