BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #111
adrian@vishnu
Captain
Australia
12
Rep
672
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw
I learned that long ago too... but it seems I forgot about it. Sometimes you don't recognize the pig until the wrestling has commenced, and the thing I should have really learned is that you are better to abort the wrestling then keep going.... so now comes the time for aborting... I should have done that pages ago.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #112
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Jeef Beef's Avatar
Australia
44
Rep
3,089
Posts

 
Drives: a sleeper
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

This discussion actually brings more info than I could've ever hoped for. I don't doubt Adrian one bit in his abilities and knowledge, but flinchy's points have merit and aren't simply the ramblings of a 'keyboard warrior.'

Flinchy's views (which aren't baseless as claimed, he's doing the best he can in terms of available info) are probably held by many more people who have no knowledge of the 'inside info' you just gave us Adrian. Isn't it better this way where you can put down any misconceptions?
__________________

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #113
flinchy
Colonel
39
Rep
2,865
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post

It this "correct things as you see them" that bothers me. Just because you see things in a certain way does not mean that you actually know what you talking about.

Anyway, I am done with arguing with Flinchy. I should have known better. I keep thinking he must know this and that about the N54 community and its history..... and get proven wrong.
If i have facts, and i can show these facts, and cite multiple sources, i therefore know what i am talking about... which i have done, in this thread. i mean, i shouldn't have to because most of it is well known and obvious, but apparently i have to for some people..... you have not cited one single source or fact, everything you have posted has come off the top of your head.. and that's okay, because you know everything possible N54 related.

every single post i made i made sure to check every information source i had first to look less foolish...

ohhh i see why we don't get along.. you're right because you're right and nothing can ever change that, i have no idea how i didn't see that earlier, i know a lot of people like you

well, have fun with that.. sorry no one can ever make you see anything differently.

proven wrong, by someone who works for the company he's doing the proving for

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
I should have done that pages ago.
indeed.

ED: note that i don't actually like arguments like this, they frustrate the hell out of me, i cannot stand people who won't listen to cold hard facts when presented to them.. the worst kind of person.

SO i have learnt (well, i already knew this but lets go with it)

Positive facts about the Vishnu/FFtec ST kit:
- It was the first ST kit available
- It holds the world record N54 1/4 time and dyno, on the development car.

What you should have learnt and accepted: everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
This discussion actually brings more info than I could've ever hoped for. I don't doubt Adrian one bit in his abilities and knowledge, but flinchy's points have merit and aren't simply the ramblings of a 'keyboard warrior.'

Flinchy's views (which aren't baseless as claimed, he's doing the best he can in terms of available info) are probably held by many more people who have no knowledge of the 'inside info' you just gave us Adrian. Isn't it better this way where you can put down any misconceptions?
I'm opinionated, and that rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but i'm not in the game of being proven wrong easily... and i'll say again, i'm quite sure adrian is an excellent mechanic, and i'd trust my car to him surely.

bolded the important part though

that is what people who have or are a part of businesses of this type, need to understand.

take all the companies developing stuff right now. every flaw, delay, fault, anything good or bad, it's out in public view, If you have a poor product, it does not deserve to be sold.. you are held accountable to your potential customers.. vishnu hasn't even considered doing this.

rumours, even false ones, can destroy a business. and it's no fault but their own.

Last edited by flinchy; 01-30-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #114
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

If I am willing to fund a development project for upgrade turbos on RHD cars, how many people would consider it? How much are people willing to pay? Similar to RB pricing? My preference is a TT still, but will do what the market wants.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 12:52 AM   #115
flinchy
Colonel
39
Rep
2,865
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
If I am willing to fund a development project for upgrade turbos on RHD cars, how many people would consider it? How much are people willing to pay? Similar to RB pricing? My preference is a TT still, but will do what the market wants.
RB pricing would be too low i'd say? ($3k odd?), it all depends on turbo selection, design, what it's going to achieve

it's a pretty limited market in general.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 01:37 AM   #116
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

It's been a good read.
So, to sum it up: A Haltech box acting as a isoloated boost controller + a DME flash(more than likely Dimsport tuning software based) + very well fabricated hardware = still some issues that need addressing before it can perform as advertised.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 03:12 AM   #117
JB4-335
Colonel
JB4-335's Avatar
Australia
35
Rep
2,600
Posts

 
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz
If I am willing to fund a development project for upgrade turbos on RHD cars, how many people would consider it? How much are people willing to pay? Similar to RB pricing? My preference is a TT still, but will do what the market wants.
To be honest Steve I would be quite content with a nicely tuned N54 with RB's for a DD at 500whp. I feel as though anything beyond this reduces the daily pleasures of this car. But each to there own.

My car made 296rwkw and I was pretty happy until I removed all the mods and drove it stock and it was so much more enjoyable. Only problem was it was bloody slow.
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 03:45 AM   #118
jippii ensio
Major
13
Rep
1,230
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: On the road

iTrader: (0)

Flinchy, you seem to appreciate all the hard work of Adrian and Shiv to get all the records and pushing the N54 platform to be as great as it is today. You say their achievements are so great, that they are hard to replicate. However, you have some negativity within, which hinders you to fully enjoy their achievements. If you'd get rid of that connotation, you, Adrian, N54 enthusiasts - all of us would get the positive energy to work on our cars and our jobs towards even greater achievements! As a starting point the turbos, manifolds, engine management systems, suspensions...are all available for anyone. So, we can build on those, (or some other hardware). So, as great as these guys' records are, let's, however, aim to beat them one day

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 03:57 AM   #119
flinchy
Colonel
39
Rep
2,865
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio
Flinchy, you seem to appreciate all the hard work of Adrian and Shiv to get all the records and pushing the N54 platform to be as great as it is today. You say their achievements are so great, that they are hard to replicate. However, you have some negativity within, which hinders you to fully enjoy their achievements. If you'd get rid of that connotation, you, Adrian, N54 enthusiasts - all of us would get the positive energy to work on our cars and our jobs towards even greater achievements! As a starting point the turbos, manifolds, engine management systems, suspensions...are all available for anyone. So, we can build on those, (or some other hardware). So, as great as these guys' records are, let's, however, aim to beat them one day

Cheers!
No, i'm saying that even THEY cannot replicate their own work on a customer car

Heck, i didn't really say most of that.. Dzenno making 554rwhp and 63x tq on rb's was much much more impressive to me. Showed what headwork and slight cr lowering does for gains. Much better than changing to a single.

The reasons for my negativity are thoroughly explained in this thread.

Don't worry, already the aim.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 04:34 AM   #120
jippii ensio
Major
13
Rep
1,230
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: On the road

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
No, i'm saying that even THEY cannot replicate their own work on a customer car

Heck, i didn't really say most of that.. Dzenno making 554rwhp and 63x tq on rb's was much much more impressive to me. Showed what headwork and slight cr lowering does for gains. Much better than changing to a single.

The reasons for my negativity are thoroughly explained in this thread.

Don't worry, already the aim.
It would be easy for them to replicate it on any car. Just put the same stuff in that they already have. Better track prep and lower ambient temps and they can even beat their own record. Did Dzenno replicate his records in a customer's car? No, he didn't. What's the point for him doing so, or Vishnu for that matter. There is no black magic involved. With the same mods the power is the same.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:22 AM   #121
Kirst
Space Cadet
Australia
3
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brisbane - BMW Club QLD Member

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio

It would be easy for them to replicate it on any car. Just put the same stuff in that they already have. Better track prep and lower ambient temps and they can even beat their own record. Did Dzenno replicate his records in a customer's car? No, he didn't. What's the point for him doing so, or Vishnu for that matter. There is no black magic involved. With the same mods the power is the same.
just my two cents but,

If the can only replicate it on shop cars to date, why would anybody bother buying it??

Seems common sense really
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:26 AM   #122
flinchy
Colonel
39
Rep
2,865
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
No, i'm saying that even THEY cannot replicate their own work on a customer car

Heck, i didn't really say most of that.. Dzenno making 554rwhp and 63x tq on rb's was much much more impressive to me. Showed what headwork and slight cr lowering does for gains. Much better than changing to a single.

The reasons for my negativity are thoroughly explained in this thread.

Don't worry, already the aim.
It would be easy for them to replicate it on any car. Just put the same stuff in that they already have. Better track prep and lower ambient temps and they can even beat their own record. Did Dzenno replicate his records in a customer's car? No, he didn't. What's the point for him doing so, or Vishnu for that matter. There is no black magic involved. With the same mods the power is the same.
Not so far

As far as i'm aware the shop car has a LOT of unreleased/proto stuff they use as advertisement for their sales
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:33 AM   #123
///Chase
Lieutenant
///Chase's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
408
Posts

 
Drives: F30 BSM 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Sorry Flinchy - Your grammar hurts my head.

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:41 AM   #124
flinchy
Colonel
39
Rep
2,865
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Chase
Sorry Flinchy - Your grammar hurts my head.

There's nothing wrong with it?

Just read over it and all.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:44 AM   #125
///Chase
Lieutenant
///Chase's Avatar
Australia
8
Rep
408
Posts

 
Drives: F30 BSM 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
If i have facts, and i can show these facts, and cite multiple sources, i therefore know what i am talking about... which i have done, in this thread. i mean, i shouldn't have to because most of it is well known and obvious, but apparently i have to for some people..... you have not cited one single source or fact, everything you have posted has come off the top of your head.. and that's okay, because you know everything possible N54 related.
What.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:47 AM   #126
Meijo
BEASTIE
1
Rep
39
Posts

 
Drives: ///1M Beast
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Condell Park

iTrader: (0)

The rambling on in this thread is just too FRIGGEN FUNNY.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #127
jippii ensio
Major
13
Rep
1,230
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: On the road

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Not so far

As far as i'm aware the shop car has a LOT of unreleased/proto stuff they use as advertisement for their sales
Since you double check everything so that you post only the truth, please list all of these: "A LOT of unreleased/proto stuff".

Last edited by jippii ensio; 01-30-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:01 AM   #128
jippii ensio
Major
13
Rep
1,230
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: On the road

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWlady View Post
just my two cents but,

If the can only replicate it on shop cars to date, why would anybody bother buying it??

Seems common sense really
I'd guess the engine of the shop car is old and tired and they can replicate and better their stuff in ANY car. There is nothing specific in the shop car other than its huge mileage of very hard driving.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #129
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
To be honest Steve I would be quite content with a nicely tuned N54 with RB's for a DD at 500whp. I feel as though anything beyond this reduces the daily pleasures of this car. But each to there own.

My car made 296rwkw and I was pretty happy until I removed all the mods and drove it stock and it was so much more enjoyable. Only problem was it was bloody slow.
You do have some very good points .
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:15 AM   #130
Ian///M
Major General
Ian///M's Avatar
No_Country
81
Rep
6,247
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Yawn!
__________________
BMW 1M VO - Cobb + PTF e-Tune, Akrapovic wireless, MadDad mids, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP, TurboSmart PB DV's, SSK, CDV, OCC, AWRON Gauge, Hankook RS-3's, Vorshlag Camber plates
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #131
flinchy
Colonel
39
Rep
2,865
Posts

 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Not so far

As far as i'm aware the shop car has a LOT of unreleased/proto stuff they use as advertisement for their sales
Since you double check everything so that you post only the truth, please list all of these: "A LOT of unreleased/proto stuff".
Ask adrian maybe?

They had the fuel pump long before release (obviously), likely have something in testing that's a further upgrade..

They inadvertently fixed the misfire by already having an smfw

Of course they have unreleased tunes in test

Who knows what else besides possibly adrian...

It's pretty obvious that the development car is going to have things customer cars aren't, it's a development car.. Think for yourself for a minute? Some logic?

I mean.. It's like saying it didn't have the higher versions of procede before the public, or even the ST kit itself..

If it didn't have unreleased stuff, the stuff they have already released.. Well.. Wouldn't exist!

Even back before lpfp upgrades and when it was running rb's with more power than most people, it was using TONS of meth through huge nozzles.. Took a long time to learn that, shiv is very tight lipped to the public.


This is even more of a waste of time than arguing with adrian, at least some of his points were valid.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #132
jippii ensio
Major
13
Rep
1,230
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: On the road

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Ask adrian maybe?

They had the fuel pump long before release (obviously), likely have something in testing that's a further upgrade..

They inadvertently fixed the misfire by already having an smfw

Of course they have unreleased tunes in test

Who knows what else besides possibly adrian...

It's pretty obvious that the development car is going to have things customer cars aren't, it's a development car.. Think for yourself for a minute? Some logic?

I mean.. It's like saying it didn't have the higher versions of procede before the public, or even the ST kit itself..

If it didn't have unreleased stuff, the stuff they have already released.. Well.. Wouldn't exist!

Even back before lpfp upgrades and when it was running rb's with more power than most people, it was using TONS of meth through huge nozzles.. Took a long time to learn that, shiv is very tight lipped to the public.
Ah, you don't know and you were just speculating. You post some speculation from the internet and fill in the gaps by posting your own even more biased speculation.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST