BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
poloace
Second Lieutenant
22

 
Drives: 09 335xi coupe
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: upstate, ny


Posts: 225
iTrader: (0)

Where can i get a 1M

?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
T1T2GRE
CW2
United_States
19

 
T1T2GRE's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SMC
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania


Posts: 432
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [3.00]
Here we go...
__________________
You will have goosepimples.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
58

 
b33g33's Avatar
 
Drives: Einser Rex
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 1,305
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloace View Post
?
Since you managed to get here and post, I will assume you also know the Google and other things.

Take a lookie here:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...yleCodes=COUPE
__________________
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Artemis
Brigadier General
Belgium
175

 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M (VO)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium


Posts: 3,336
iTrader: (0)



or: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=388
__________________
“For ’tis the mind that makes the body rich” (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
de85275
Private First Class
United_States
6

 
de85275's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M VO, August Build, Oct PCD
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Delaware


Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

You can have mine for $62K.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
58

 
b33g33's Avatar
 
Drives: Einser Rex
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 1,305
iTrader: (0)

Funny thing is, when I did the Autotrader search, I found a BSM 1M a few miles from my place.

I have not seen another BSM in person since PCD. A couple of VOs and one AW.

I dropped an email to the owner saying we should do a BSM meetup before the car is gone.
__________________
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
ssiddiq1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
13

 
Drives: BSM 1M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 230
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
Funny thing is, when I did the Autotrader search, I found a BSM 1M a few miles from my place.

I have not seen another BSM in person since PCD. A couple of VOs and one AW.

I dropped an email to the owner saying we should do a BSM meetup before the car is gone.
Funny, I met the guy and saw his car. BSM is stunning in person. He wouldn't go below $58k though. It's funny how much all these people are asking for for their 1Ms. I figure I'll wait it out until the M2 with new technology etc and get it brand new for less than that. Having the patience to wait is the hard part though.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
jvmax
Private First Class
8

 
jvmax's Avatar
 
Drives: 1m valencia orange
Join Date: May 2012
Location: orlando, fl


Posts: 106
iTrader: (1)

yes, everyone on autotrader is above $60k including those track cars
__________________
2012 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
2001 Z8
1988 M3
1991 & 1995 Porsche 911
2012 Audi R8
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #9
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
74

 
ozinaldo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal


Posts: 3,053
iTrader: (0)

I think you can get one here and if you do it could mean more than just a car purchase as well:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2013/2/4...-1-Series.aspx
__________________
"The mark of a great car is one whose overall competence exceeds what you should expect from its individual components and the 1M does just that", Chris Harris.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #10
Judge
First Lieutenant
32

 
Judge's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: FL


Posts: 390
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiddiq1 View Post
Funny, I met the guy and saw his car. BSM is stunning in person. He wouldn't go below $58k though. It's funny how much all these people are asking for for their 1Ms. I figure I'll wait it out until the M2 with new technology etc and get it brand new for less than that. Having the patience to wait is the hard part though.
I cannot even begin to rationalize paying anywhere near $60,000 for a 1-series off the lot, let alone one with more than 20,000 miles clocked. If this is really the going rate it would be crazy not to sell it before the M2 arrives.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #11
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Netherlands
171

 
Robin_NL's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe


Posts: 4,692
iTrader: (0)

Here is a '11 BSM in Germany, only a bit more than 1000 miles on it. US $ 71,500,- (€ 52.790,-)

http://www.bundk.de/autodo/search-fo..._data=997d0a7e

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #12
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
74

 
ozinaldo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal


Posts: 3,053
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I cannot even begin to rationalize paying anywhere near $60,000 for a 1-series off the lot, let alone one with more than 20,000 miles clocked. If this is really the going rate it would be crazy not to sell it before the M2 arrives.
I understand your logic and also agree that 60K or more for a 1M in US market seems a bit high especially so because we have seen some members selling their very low mileage mint 1Ms for low 50s just months before.

However, keeping a low production (de facto limited) sports car regardless of second hand market trends is never something I would call "crazy", it is just passion. Plus, you seem to take it for granted that the future M2 will be better than 1M and you base your argument on this assumption which needs a reality check when it happens. IMO it may or not be so, because BMW once again may fall into the trap of trying to please everyone while keeping it distant from bigger M cars and this may result with a high volume selling but not-so-great car. Everything is possible.
__________________
"The mark of a great car is one whose overall competence exceeds what you should expect from its individual components and the 1M does just that", Chris Harris.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #13
Judge
First Lieutenant
32

 
Judge's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: FL


Posts: 390
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
I understand your logic and also agree that 60K or more for a 1M in US market seems a bit high especially so because we have seen some members selling their very low mileage mint 1Ms for low 50s just months before.

However, keeping a low production (de facto limited) sports car regardless of second hand market trends is never something I would call "crazy", it is just passion. Plus, you seem to take it for granted that the future M2 will be better than 1M and you base your argument on this assumption which needs a reality check when it happens. IMO it may or not be so, because BMW once again may fall into the trap of trying to please everyone while keeping it distant from bigger M cars and this may result with a high volume selling but not-so-great car. Everything is possible.
I would call it passion, and from economical standpoint crazy as well. You own a rare car that has appreciated since you bought it. Even if the M2 is predicted to flop I'd consider selling.

I'm not trying to start a war - to each his own - I'm just saying if I'm ever lucky enough to own a car and then be able to sell it a few years later for profit it would be a no-brainer.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #14
Maximus_Prime
Second Lieutenant
16

 
Maximus_Prime's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 1M, '12 Q5 2.0T, '06 Miata
Join Date: May 2010
Location: D.C. Area


Posts: 238
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I would call it passion, and from economical standpoint crazy as well. You own a rare car that has appreciated since you bought it. Even if the M2 is predicted to flop I'd consider selling.

I'm not trying to start a war - to each his own - I'm just saying if I'm ever lucky enough to own a car and then be able to sell it a few years later for profit it would be a no-brainer.
I've had this thought many times, but the question that I always end up at is "what do I replace it with?" I mean once I sell my 1M I have to replace it with something. The problem is that in the $50K-$60K price range there doesn't appear to be a worthy replacement. In fact, this forum is full of owners who have had sports cars that cost double the price of the 1M and that perform better on a track (e.g., 911, GTR), but those owners have consistently picked their 1M as their preferred car.

It's hard for non-owners to understand this, but the 1M just feels "special." You have to spend hours behind the wheel to get what I mean. I won't get into it here, but that kind of feeling can't be replicated easily. So, even though its price may not have changed much from MSRP when new, making a few thousands dollars by selling it now is not worth driving a less fulfilling replacement to me. I'm assuming that's true for most of the current 1M owners.

People looking to buy a used 1M need to forget what the car cost new. It's one of the rare cars for which its original price is not a factor in determining its current value. They need to understand that the first batch of speculators sold their 1Ms a long time ago. The remaining owners are the auto enthusiasts who had been waiting for a car like this for a long time. They aren't going to give it up if there's nothing else out there worthy of replacing it with.
__________________
2011 1M | Valencia Orange | #655 of 740
BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance Shadowline Grills | Gloss black iND side markers
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #15
UNO///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
10

 
UNO///M's Avatar
 
Drives: AW BMW 1M
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando,FL


Posts: 240
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus_Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I would call it passion, and from economical standpoint crazy as well. You own a rare car that has appreciated since you bought it. Even if the M2 is predicted to flop I'd consider selling.

I'm not trying to start a war - to each his own - I'm just saying if I'm ever lucky enough to own a car and then be able to sell it a few years later for profit it would be a no-brainer.
I've had this thought many times, but the question that I always end up at is "what do I replace it with?" I mean once I sell my 1M I have to replace it with something. The problem is that in the $50K-$60K price range there doesn't appear to be a worthy replacement. In fact, this forum is full of owners who have had sports cars that cost double the price of the 1M and that perform better on a track (e.g., 911, GTR), but those owners have consistently picked their 1M as their preferred car.

It's hard for non-owners to understand this, but the 1M just feels "special." You have to spend hours behind the wheel to get what I mean. I won't get into it here, but that kind of feeling can't be replicated easily. So, even though its price may not have changed much from MSRP when new, making a few thousands dollars by selling it now is not worth driving a less fulfilling replacement to me. I'm assuming that's true for most of the current 1M owners.

People looking to buy a used 1M need to forget what the car cost new. It's one of the rare cars for which its original price is not a factor in determining its current value. They need to understand that the first batch of speculators sold their 1Ms a long time ago. The remaining owners are the auto enthusiasts who had been waiting for a car like this for a long time. They aren't going to give it up if there's nothing else out there worthy of replacing it with.





I work in the medical field, so just imagine the cars in the parking lot, every time that a Doctor test drive my little monster wants to buy it from me. You should see the little kid smile on their faces. And that my friend is priceless.
__________________
AW BMW 1M, N55 mid pipe, Lightweight titanausphalangen CF front splitter, Bmw Performance CF rear spoliler, LUX AE, IND goodies...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #16
Artemis
Brigadier General
Belgium
175

 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M (VO)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium


Posts: 3,336
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Even if the M2 is predicted to flop I'd consider selling.
Once the M2 will be released, quite some 1M owners might trade in their 1M for an M2 (if the M2 as global package lives up to the high expectations).

As 1M second hand availability/supply will be higher than now, finance-wise that could be a more interesting time than now to get your hands on a second hand 1M.

Carpe diem: from a fun point of view, getting your hands on a 1M right now, or even yesterday, ain't unwise. The Hedonist approach: quench that desire now that you can.
__________________
“For ’tis the mind that makes the body rich” (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #17
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
74

 
ozinaldo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal


Posts: 3,053
iTrader: (0)

I can sell it for almost 80K USD here, I even have a dedicated and waiting buyer and I could also sell it for a minimum 100K if not more in Brazil (All I need is to send it to Brazil and register there since my wife is Brazilian). These are double to triple of what it costed to me originally (40K Euro loaded as it is, diplomatic price including shipping to Chile).

And I am not selling it as long as I can live without that extra cash, exactly because of the reasons Maximus_Prime has posted, I have zero interest in actual alternatives of 1M so it is not for sale even for a fat profit, period. What if things change in the future and I can't make that kind of extra cash anymore or even loose money? Well, that's life and it is a risk that I am willing to take because I can't justify myself selling this car now which matches and exceeds my expectations in such a fashion.
__________________
"The mark of a great car is one whose overall competence exceeds what you should expect from its individual components and the 1M does just that", Chris Harris.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
jvmax
Private First Class
8

 
jvmax's Avatar
 
Drives: 1m valencia orange
Join Date: May 2012
Location: orlando, fl


Posts: 106
iTrader: (1)

simple supply and demand, only 740 made for US market with many wrecked. Looks like prices may have bottomed out in the low $50's a couple of months ago, now it looks like $60k will buy one. As an owner, there is nothing else new right now I would buy from BMW to replace my 1M.
__________________
2012 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
2001 Z8
1988 M3
1991 & 1995 Porsche 911
2012 Audi R8
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #19
BMW Gator
Private First Class
16

 
BMW Gator's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M/ViperGTS/Rubicon/FJ40/+
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 169
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I'm not trying to start a war - to each his own - I'm just saying if I'm ever lucky enough to own a car and then be able to sell it a few years later for profit it would be a no-brainer.
Its not about the money. If the car is selling for 25k or 75k I really don't care. It's unique, an overachiever, and one hell of a lot of fun!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 03:00 AM   #20
bmw1mc
First Lieutenant
Australia
13

 
bmw1mc's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney Australia


Posts: 345
iTrader: (0)

There are 14 here for sale in Australia. All range between $95k - $125k
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #21
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
58

 
b33g33's Avatar
 
Drives: Einser Rex
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 1,305
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I'm not trying to start a war - to each his own - I'm just saying if I'm ever lucky enough to own a car and then be able to sell it a few years later for profit it would be a no-brainer.
Something to also consider is that quite a few 1M owners actually bought it because it is the M car they wanted, not the M car they could only afford. I don't see myself parting with the car notwithstanding any short-term profit. The few thousand $$'s I would earn would look paltry compared to the manic grins I earn everyday with this little beast.

So, like Oz said: Passion.
__________________
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST