BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
46

 
ozinaldo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal


Posts: 3,053
iTrader: (0)

New Race Video of 1M

From Gold Coast, pretty new one. Quite heated race, don't want to ruin the excitement so just watch it!

__________________
"The mark of a great car is one whose overall competence exceeds what you should expect from its individual components and the 1M does just that", Chris Harris.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
MrRoboto
Colonel
Canada
53

 
Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada


Posts: 2,711
iTrader: (0)

Nice post. That was quite enjoyable.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
MDORPHN
Colonel
41

 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wash, DC


Posts: 2,535
iTrader: (0)

Terrific!

Thanks for posting.

Neil
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
Denso
Captain
18

 
Denso's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gods Country Scotland


Posts: 820
iTrader: (0)

Awesome, any video of the race from outside the car ?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Netherlands
80

 
Robin_NL's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe


Posts: 4,692
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Awesome, any video of the race from outside the car ?
Yes please. Any specs of the car/class?

EDIT here is some more info:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/07/03/...ries-race-car/

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/11/25/...t-amc-victory/

http://www.kwautomotive.com.au/news/...d-at-qr-debut/

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Robin

Last edited by Robin_NL; 02-14-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: info
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
46

 
ozinaldo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal


Posts: 3,053
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Great info about the history of this car Robin, thanks.
__________________
"The mark of a great car is one whose overall competence exceeds what you should expect from its individual components and the 1M does just that", Chris Harris.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Netherlands
80

 
Robin_NL's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe


Posts: 4,692
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Great info about the history of this car Robin, thanks.
No worries mate.

G'day.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
90

 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064 N, 117.5922 W, 300m altitude


Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
awesome vid!
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
COZ01M
Private First Class
1

 
COZ01M's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Castle Hill, NSW


Posts: 146
iTrader: (0)

Awesome Viewing!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #10
E30 Racer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
E30 Racer's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 1M, '99 540i/6, '89 325is
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio


Posts: 290
iTrader: (1)

Great race!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #11
Convert
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: sans AW 1M
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne


Posts: 175
iTrader: (0)

Nice vid! I should add that the race was in Melbourne
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #12
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
21

 
Pete_vB's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 GT3, 1M, 912, R32
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SF Bay Area, Shenzhen, Oman


Posts: 837
iTrader: (0)

Man, you came from miles back on that last lap. Nicely done.
__________________
1M, 1969 Porsche 911 w/ 997 GT3 Cup Motor (435hp & 2,100 lbs)
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
Venom
Colonel
United_States
24

 
Venom's Avatar
 
Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA


Posts: 2,100
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [4.25]
Send a message via AIM to Venom
Great video! I really like that tachometer on the iDrive screen!
__________________
Venom Build Log
Mods: JB4 G5 ISO, RR DPs, GTHaus Meistershaft Exhaust, RKP GTS Wing, Wagner FMIC, VMR V701s in Scarlet Red, Custom shift knob, Full 1M Body Conversion, and more.

Prius is Latin for impotence.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #14
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
28

 
bmw1racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128i Coupe 6MT Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal


Posts: 2,031
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Great video! I really like that tachometer on the iDrive screen!
+1.

Great to see the revs and gears he's in during the course of the race.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #15
Rovman
Private First Class
United_States
2

 
Rovman's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' BMW M1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lafayette,La.


Posts: 177
iTrader: (0)

Great race and driving!!!
__________________
13' BMW M5 DCT
11' BMW 1M
10' Mercedes GL 350 Bluetec
04' Porsche 911 GT3 (Track car)
06' BMW HP2 Enduro (Multi Purpose bike)
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #16
speedyjoe
Private First Class
Canada
2

 
Drives: E46M3/1M
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Thronhill


Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

Did the yellow 1 series at the front is 1M or just a 135? it was pretty fast actually.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 04:28 AM   #17
Smiley1175
Captain
Australia
7

 
Smiley1175's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne


Posts: 677
iTrader: (0)

Great video

Details of the cars build right here
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=684308
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #18
Hogiebear
Private
South Africa
0

 
Drives: AW 1M Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hillcrest, South Africa


Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Awesome Race!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
CarJunkie
Lieutenant
7

 
Drives: Valencia Orange 1-Series M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington


Posts: 555
iTrader: (0)

+2 on the display screen, that was cool.
Thanks for the post!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #20
Newby
1Mtech
0

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Australia


Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

I will answer as many questions as I can.

Yellow 1 series is a 135i, they Were running a very aggressive tune that weekend. The thing was very fast.

We don't have any outside car footage sorry.

The tacho on the "idrive" screen(CID) is actually a Motec CDL3 dash, we made a plate up to fit into the hood where the CID formally was. If you see we also fitted the shift lights into the cluster hood.

The vehicle is being run in the Australian Manufactures championship. We only entered the last 2 events of the year for testing. Then regulations for this category unfortunately are very limiting so the vehicle has to retain many items we would have liked to delete. Boost is capped at .95bar. The vehicle has a new vehicle order to delete non essential control units.

We run an evolve stage 1 tune, PWR main radiator, in the left bumper opening a combined PWR oil cooler/ additional radiator(the plumbing got very creative haha), on the right side a PWR oil cooler( the additional radiators/coolers are about twice the size as the standard items and we re made the front bumper ducts to suit), KW suspension, a full spool final drive with PWR oil cooler, PWR intercooler, Akrapovic exhaust( we had to cut it up to make way for the new fuel tank... This hurt hahaha), we designed the fuel tank bladder in house to bring fuel load capacity to 100l which was a challenge, the dry brake filler is in the boot purely because of ease. I have skipped past all the other small thousand things.

The car was built and is maintained at/by Bruce Lynton BMW. It's twin is currently being built.

Last edited by Newby; 02-25-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #21
beemer
force fed Member
Australia
10

 
beemer's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 1M
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: sydney


Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (0)

Awesome Car
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #22
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
46

 
ozinaldo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal


Posts: 3,053
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby View Post
I will answer as many questions as I can.

Yellow 1 series is a 135i, they Were running a very aggressive tune that weekend. The thing was very fast.

We don't have any outside car footage sorry.

The tacho on the "idrive" screen(CID) is actually a Motec CDL3 dash, we made a plate up to fit into the hood where the CID formally was. If you see we also fitted the shift lights into the cluster hood.

The vehicle is being run in the Australian Manufactures championship. We only entered the last 2 events of the year for testing. Then regulations for this category unfortunately are very limiting so the vehicle has to retain many items we would have liked to delete. Boost is capped at .95bar. The vehicle has a new vehicle order to delete non essential control units.

We run an evolve stage 1 tune, PWR main radiator, in the left bumper opening a combined PWR oil cooler/ additional radiator(the plumbing got very creative haha), on the right side a PWR oil cooler( the additional radiators/coolers are about twice the size as the standard items and we re made the front bumper ducts to suit), KW suspension, a full spool final drive with PWR oil cooler, PWR intercooler, Akrapovic exhaust( we had to cut it up to make way for the new fuel tank... This hurt hahaha), we designed the fuel tank bladder in house to bring fuel load capacity to 100l which was a challenge, the dry brake filler is in the boot purely because of ease. I have skipped past all the other small thousand things.

The car was built and is maintained at/by Bruce Lynton BMW. It's twin is currently being built.
Impressive work!
__________________
"The mark of a great car is one whose overall competence exceeds what you should expect from its individual components and the 1M does just that", Chris Harris.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST